It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pupils aged four learn about gay lifestyle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Is this right?

from the Daily Mail:
Children as young as four are being taught about same-sex relationships using puppets, plays and fairy tales in a Government-funded scheme, it emerged yesterday

daily mail article

I find it annoying that U.K. teachers and the school boards that control them think it is their job to educate four year olds about gay lifestyles!

It is not up to them in my opinion, but up to the parents of those children, and I wonder how many of them are aware this is happening in their childs classes and are they happy about it.

I have nothing against gay lifestyles, this is a rant about the stupid education system that sees fit to spend 600,000 pounds on this ridiculous project.

So to all you parents out there: would you educate your four year old about these things or would you let your childs school do it, or would you not want the subject dealt with at all and left until later in your childs life.

mod edit: changed to external quote tags

Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 23-5-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well I'm not a parent but if I was one I don't think i would leave these sort of issues up to the school my child attends. I don't think I would really even discuss it with him or her if they were that young in the first place. Four is pretty damn young, isn't that like pre-school? Do kids even really learn about hetero sexual relationships that young? Let alone gay relationships?

If a child asks you a question i believe it is the parents duty to answer them as truthfuly as possible(almost all the time) and if a child asks a question about this at such a young age it should be adressed in a way they can understand... but to be teaching it to them in the classroom? that dosnt seem right to me

[edit on 22-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I didn't even know gay men existed until my teenage years. As for lesbian women.....I saw a sextape with 2 women making out when I was 8 years old!
, maybe that's why I'm the way I am

But seriously, if any teacher tried to have 2 puppets depicting men in my face anytime, no matter how old or young I am, I'll slap the hell out of him, seriously. I think they should ask the child's permission.....but wait, I forgot, at 4 years old?!?!??!?!?! NO WAY! That is NOT right. The adults need to find better things to do then teach kids about this :shk:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Kids don't need to know about the Gay world. Let them find it for themselves.

Jesus, they can't even spell properly at four years old.

Puppets make it worse, too. Look at Mr Garrison from South Park.

top topics

join