It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avril Lavigne BLOWS!@

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
WHY THE HELL IS THIS BROAD CONSIDERED A MUSICIAN? i JUST saw that "girlfriend" music video..WHAT THE FUDGE???? she sounds like a whiny cat in heat or something.jeez! does anyone on here actually dig this *removed*? i really am hating a lot of these so called music artists these days..she just takes the cake

mod edit: removed non-board friendly language

[edit on 22-5-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh, you hate it too
I thought I was the only sane person on the planet. My friends watch the music video to:

just stare

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My daughter loves her. She's 10 so i guess thats to be expected.

Avril is a talented musician, she plays guitar, piano and the drums, not that i like her music but thats a helluva lot more than i can do.

I sure prefer her over Hilary Duff and some of those all girl groups who have all their songs written for them, Pussycat Dolls springs to mind.

mojo

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry badge, but Avril rocks.

Her lyrics maybe teenybopper garbage, but she can sing, play and write her own music.

Big respect from me!

Any how hatin is bad for the soul, so let go girl!

C

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry double post!

Hey Badge. You found the albino bat from Ave Ventura pet detective!

Cool.

C

[edit on 22/5/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can surely understand why you guys wouldn't like girlfriend. I like it because it has a hard fast beat and is upbeat.

Cheerleader style music? Deffinately, but I feel it sure is alot better than the death metal or goth music or what ever they pump into people brains these days.

Is girlfriend something that will last through time like the beatles? Don't think so. Sorry, I can't think of another example.

I like AC/DC because alot of the music is real possitive dispite the anti-christ devils child name. God that makes me cringe. I just ignore it. I also cringe at Highway To Hell. There are so many possitive songs that over all it is a good band.

I think AC/DC also means Good/Bad. It has to be. There are Negative songs and possitive songs.

Back to Avril. I like female artist in general like Dido, Chritina Aguelara or Pat Benetar in the day.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
eh so she can play insturments why doesnt she use them in her music? i just DON'T dig the hype haha im not a fan plain and simple. haha at your friends who watch it to stare! she's sooo not cute haha I don't hate on ladies i can admit when someones a hottie ..i just hate this whole AHHH IM SO PUNK AHH KICK ASS..but her music is a bunch of poppy b.s.
but hey i do have the choice of turning the station i just checked out the video to see what its all about,never again haha

by the way AC/DC are freakin dope

[edit on 22-5-2007 by TheBadge]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Uh, Ok? I hope you made sense to someone.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Was I the only person expecting (hoping) to find a sex video in here?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Avril Lavigne is something you call a SELL OUT! Her first album was the only good one. She is the biggest sell out in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Uh, Ok? I hope you made sense to someone.

hahahaha i know i know. i just got all worked up

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Avril Lavigne is something you call a SELL OUT! Her first album was the only good one. She is the biggest sell out in history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean sell out? I don't know that much about her so I don't understand?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Eh, I agree.

I don't care for her music at all, I find it very annoying. Now, can she sing? Sure, better than I can. But her music still is annoying.

She is very good looking though.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism

What do you mean sell out? I don't know that much about her so I don't understand?

A Sell out is:

Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
A Sell out is:

Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots.

Man, does that apply to a hell of a lot more people than just Avril, throw up a list of the top 40.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
hahah dude she didnt even know who david bowie was which dissapointed me very much..how can u not know? he's awesome in my opinion..

word on the sell out stuff.. and yeah theres so many "sell outs" out there. it's sad. i liked when music was original and real.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What a hard case i was on a site I'm to embarrassed to admit to and i saw a Avril hate-club site on there and i just about fell off my chair laughing even 10yr old girls(her target audience)cant stand her.Apparently she cant sing live either but ill never know.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I was expecting pics.

or a grainy .avi....

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey TheBadge, I just adore you.

Yeah, the other day I heard that "girlfriend" song on the radio and I thought that it was pathetic that this is what passes for music these days.

You also have to understand, from a marketing point of view, that girls ages 11-19 have the highest ratio of disposable income.
So, why not cater to them to generate massive amounts of cash flow?

The music doesn't have to mean anything, or even be any good.
It just has to sell.

But, yeah, she's a total joke.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And I just want to throw in my opinion of "selling out" really quick.

I don't believe that there is any such thing as "selling out", I just believe that there are varying degrees of success.
Of course, if you compromise your ideals in order to achieve certain levels of success, than you are just lying to yourself and to those you seek to entertain.
But that's hardly "selling out."

Okay, continue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join