It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC's taxi fleet going green by 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
By 2012 New York City residents will be among the greeniest in terms of transportation use in the nation. Given the large numbers of cabs in the city and the large scale use of mass transit already in place, the switch to hybrids (especially those that allow use of just the electric motor at slow speeds) will reduce quite a bit of CO2 emissions and use far less fuel to boot. Kudos to New York!

NEW YORK - The city's yellow taxi fleet will go entirely hybrid within five years, Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Tuesday.
NYC's taxi fleet going green by 2012

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm all for saving the environment and stuff,

But do they have to make it look like a hybrid?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Great news FredT. I just hope more of our cities follow suit and join in to help clean up the Earth...the Los Angeles area being one place that needs major help. I couldn't imagine living in a place that includes the phrase "smog warning" with the morning weather report.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

But do they have to make it look like a hybrid?

Yes, because that is a ford escape hybrid.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is great to hear. I just saw the report on the ABC evening news.

13000 hybrid taxis will provide the masses with huge amounts of exposure. Taxi rides will essentially become test drives for hybrids. People all over the city will learn about a technology they otherwise wouldn't even care about.

Word of mouth advertising at its finest. I love it.

TJ11240

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
that ford escape hybrid is the exact same as a reg ford escape so I dont know what you were saying about it hahaha

top topics

join