It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jericho fans say NUTS!!! to CBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This story is seriously awesome, it covers the topic of tons of fans sending peanuts to the CBS headquarters,

so read the article, then pop on over to the second link to see the amount of peanuts that are being ordered and shipped, they also have up to date statements regarding the shipping.

article
www.syfyportal.com...

nutsonline
www.nutsonline.com...

EDITED:
they have recieved 4000 pounds and are going to send that order out tonight i believe. the amount of orders seem to keep pouring in.

this is great

[edit on 22-5-2007 by TeslaFan]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That's is
ing awesome

God I wish I had thought about that. I'm going home right now to buy some nuts, stick them in an envelope and send them to CBS.

Only people who have watched the show would understand it.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is something I saw on Myspace.com
I got this from the Jericho CBS Message Boards. :-)

Date: 2007-05-23T13:45:21

Hi all:

I am a public relations professional. I have been involved with the PR field/crisis communications for over 10 years. My work on a team at my former PR firm was recognized with a Bronze Anvil Award from the Public Relations Socieety of America. I tell you this not out of hubris or pride, but simply to let you know that I know what I'm talking about in this post.

Over the past few days it is clear that CBS is taking the following crisis communication steps and implememented a series of key messages for all its representatives, including those now answering the phones:

1. Filter out e-mails related to Jericho as junk mail. Out of sight, out of mind.

2. Change e-mailll addresses of key stakeholders within the organization, i.e., Nina Tassler and Kelly Kahl, in an effort to further slow the e-mail onslaught.

3. Downplay the number of calls/letters/e-mails received, both to Jericho fans and the media. This, they hope, will dampen the media interest by portraying the Jericho activists as a few crackpots who can't let go of a TV show, and chill the momentum of the fans who are calling in. What better way to get people to stop calling than to make the activists think the effort is failing?

4. They plan to deny/deny/deny the shipment of nuts going into CBS. They will downplay the number as "a few bags." Why? See Item 3.

The goal of this crisis communications effort is to slow, stall, and stop the fan campaign by discrediting the fans, downplaying the number/effect, and eventually hoping that the campaign will stall during the upcoming holiday weekend.

So what can we do about this?

Keep in mind this is just MY OPINION, but here are some action steps we can take:

1. Keep sending the nuts, and documenting the arrival via UPS confirmation number and photo/video evidence. Nuts online has been a vital link in this regard.

1a. We need to send the Nuts Online update page to the CNN Money reporter and any news outlet that reports CBS is downplaying the scope of the campaign. When the truth is out, we win. When we tell the truth, we win.

2. Do not slow the e-mail campaign. Remove references to Jericho and characters from the e-mail. Call it a "post-apocalyptic drama" or some such, but keep -e-mailing.

3. DO NOT STOP CALLING!!!!

4. Make sure we keep it up all weekend!

5. This may be the most important step - KICK IN THE SNAIL MAIL. Write a letter, print multiple times, buy a book of stamps, and send one to Kelly Kahl and Nina Tassler every day until June 15 when the contracts run out. BE POLITE BUT FIRM. I am enclosing the text of a letter I wrote below.

I hope this helps.

Sample Letter:
May 29, 2007

Name
Street
Cit, State, ZIP
CBS Affiliate:

Ms. Nina Tassler
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-2112

Dear Ms. Tassler:

Thank you for your online response. We, the fans of Jericho, are gratified that you have taken notice of our passion. We agree that the story must continue.

I think we disagree on how this continuation should occur. The feeling I get from your statement is that you are exploring a two-hour movie or miniseries route. We are requesting, at a minimum, a 13-episode order for the show, to be expanded if and when ratings numbers are evaluated at the end of the run.

We know this is a large commitment on behalf of the network and production company; however, if you think this fan base is powerful now, wait until you debut Season 2. I have personally convinced three associates to begin watching the first season on Innertube, and they like what they see. Other fans of this show report the same.

Please think about it. A good time slot AWAY from a ratings giant like American Idol and perhaps adopting a strategy along the lines of ABC with Lost -- i.e., airing the episodes in a row with no repeats -- would benefit a serialized show like Jericho. Look at what this strategy did for 24!

Thank you again for reconsidering the fate of our favorite show.

Sincerely,

CC: Kelly Kahl

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Royal76]

new topics

join