It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trip To US (help me plan it)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
First off, no Taliban clothes, unless you have a fetish for cavity searches and receiving incredulous stares.

The East coast is the place you want to go, the West coast doesnt have anything comparable to NY -- The greatest metropolis created by MAN period (No exaggeration, I've been to quite a few great cities around the world, NY is the best!)

If you are on a budget you might want to take the sketchy China town bus to DC and Philly or you could go by train or bus or plane. Train is preferable as you get the feel of travelling and less security check hell.

As for staying in NY, you should try to live somewhere in Midtown Manhattan or the village. These are some of the best and most convenient places to stay as these are pretty lively places. Also try to look around during the week as during the weekends and Friday , as you have out of towners who just cram up all the clubs, pubs and other joints. The village has so many excellent little places that are worth exploring. Then you could check out Harlem and the jazz scene there. (Dont worry about getting mugged etc, NY is a pretty safe city now. You wont find trouble unless you look for it! )

There are many ways of checking out lady liberty, my best way is the Staten Island ferry even though you just pass by. You can also take a helicopter tour of Manhattan and the surrounding if you are really keen. If you have never been to Times Square, a quick look is advisable since it is supposed to give you that "center of the world" feeling.( to outsiders anyway! )

DC is only buildings and museums so if you are interested in that kind of stuff a day or so should suffice. But if you are looking for 'life' NY wont disappoint. Philly also has a lot of culture and life with its own unique flavor.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
First off, no Taliban clothes, unless you have a fetish for cavity searches and receiving incredulous stares.

Its not really called taliban clothes

but then again if there is a security guard (whom is a fit bird) i may just do it for the hell of it,

thanks for the advice i will take it into consideration

[edit on 7-6-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I live in SF if you can you should definetly come here...
Great city and surroundings (Monterrey, Napa)

And there is that timy Little bridge called the Golden gate but maybe is too much for your first time with Manhattan and Washington u can spend a month there and never repeat activity

Oh andtalking about museums go to the Met in NY totally worth it

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Tour the east coast. So many great places. Definately "the right coast to be on". There's Boston, Philly, New York, D.C., Charleston, Savannah, and so much in between. My advice, stay away from the South. There's nothing to see. Trust me, I've had to live here most of my life. The west is mostly good for nature seeing, nothing spectacular about the cities themselves. The west coast is good. Beautiful all over the west coast. San Francisco is good, as well as San Diego. I'd still recommend the east coast. Its definately more "American".

I hope you enjoy your trip. But like I said, stay away from the south! (except for savannah)

[edit on 7/18/07 by pugachev]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hey Bodrul,

Glad to hear you gonna make it to the States. I have been all over this country and Everyone has made some great suggestions. If you are into muesums then Washington DC is a must as mentioned earlier. The Smithsonian alone
and the monuments as well. New York is a must stop as well. For the experience if nothing else. If you could I would suggest hitting up both coasts. Having lived on Both Coasts (DC and Los Angeles) and in the middle(Chicago) I can tell you that the US has something to offer everywhere you go. Unfortunately its just to big to see it all in a month and a half. (unless you have a huge budget)

Personally, if I were you, I would start a thread about how you want to hop around the US but don't want to spend all your loot on hotels, (hostels are a no no):shk: Just find out if members on here would be willing to let you crash on their couch for a few days and have them show you the sights. I don't want to speak without asking my wife first but there is probably a couch here is Los Angeles you can sleep on. Maybe some other members in the States nears sites you wish to visit would be willing to do the same. Just don't act psycho.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
thanks kleverone for the suggestion

i am going to see if i can crash at some relitives house
since i have some family around the states,

i will have around £200-300($400-600) for accomedation so hopefully i can find a B&B

if i get my student loan it may be this november or december for 2 weeks

[edit on 6-8-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Definitely check out Yellowstone. It is incredible.

If you like military history I encourage you to check out the AF museum in Dayton Ohio.

In Texas, San Antonio and Houston are both awesome.

New Orleans is rich with culture even after the flooding.

Chicago is also a great city.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join