It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trip To US (help me plan it)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
always wanted to go to the US
so next year def going (was going to go this year) but getting a Car insted

need some help planning this Trip

Date 7/07/08-25/08/08

(heathrow to NY)

best place to stay (reasnable price)
best way to travel and where to go in the US

also should i go in full islamic clothing or what i wear normaly

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If you decide to get out ont he West coast, let me know I can give you tons of pointers out on this side of the country.

Niagra is always a good place. One you get past the tourist trap town surrounding the area, the falls themselves are awesum.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
these are the places i def want to see

Washington monument
lincoln memorial
Statue of Liberty

always wanted to see them when i was a kid

hopefully i wont get lost

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, where to start. There is so much to see and do in NY. Of course you have Manhattan, which is like a playground. Just about anything you want to do or see is within the city. Philadelphia also has some great sites, and is an hours train ride from NY. Washington DC is a 2+ hour train ride from NY.
What are you into? You looking for museums, typical tourist attraction things, nightlife? Tell me what you're looking for and I'll give you a bunch of suggestions.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i would like to vist some museums (US history has intreged me)
if night life is good (no harm in going out on the town)

are there any air force museums
or air shows in the date that im going?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Smithsonian museums in Washington DC are amazing. They have the Aeronautical museum which might be right up your alley. You have the Licoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, the Capitol building, the Whitehouse all within minutes of one another. In the springtime the Cherry trees which line the streets of DC are a sight to behold. Philadelphia is rich with US history. The Liberty Bell, A section of Philly called "old city" is amazing for American history lovers. It is where america was born. Where the Declaration of Independence was penned, Ben Franklin, Betsy Ross, Thomas Jefferson all called this home. Independence Hall (where it all went down) is pretty cool.
Farther west in Pennsylvania is Gettysburg. A couple hours train ride from Philly is Boston, Massachussets which is also very rich in history. The public transportation systems in these cities is pretty good as well. Trust me - you don't want to drive in Boston!

The nightlife in all these cities is great. From loud nightclubs, to great Pubs, to coffee shops and everything in between - all within minutes of one another.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
While in Washington D.C., be sure to see the Jefferson Memorial. He was an amazing person.

You should also try to see some of the natural wonders such as the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, the Redwood trees, and possibly Carlsbad Caverns, are a few.

Too bad we can't schedule a tornado or an earthquake for you while you are here, but they are events never to be forgotten.

Occam

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

need some help planning this Trip

Date 7/07/08-25/08/08

(heathrow to NY)

best place to stay (reasnable price)
best way to travel and where to go in the US

also should i go in full islamic clothing or what i wear normaly

Instead of hearing most people's ideas of great tourist spots here, why not tell us what about the US you'd most like to see?

I thought of suggesting some things, but a few people beat me to the punch and it never occurred to me that maybe you have your own notion of what might be great to see.

All of the US is not the same in regards to sightseeing. Most of the citizens are hospitable, and you would be a minority to dress in traditional islamic attire for a female or male, although no one would say very much about it. I would suggest just being yourself but highly recommend telling us what interests you.

Do you plan to travel far from NYC?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ive been to Washington DC a couple of times. There is a lot of traffic, but the malls are hudge. The musems there are really nice. Washington monument was so tall and pretty.

Go to Disney World! ( Orlando, Flordia ) lol. It is so fun, my favorite theme park in disney was MGM. They have the best rides there. Animal Kingdom was so beautiful though. heres a link about disney world....
This is the best one I could find for now.

disneyworld.disney.go.com...

Daytona Beach Flordia was also really nice.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is so beautiful and fun!! Its the prettiest beach ive ever been to. The Pavillion there is really fun. its a amusement park like on the beach. When your in the ferris wheel you can see for miles over the ocean, it is so pretty!! Here is two different links about myrtle beach.
www.myrtlebeach.com...
www.discovermyrtlebeach.com...

I ve always stayed at the Sea Mist Hotel and Resort at Myrtle. It is really nice. Heres a link for it...
www.seamistcondos.com...

You could also go to Texas. Like maybe Dallas , San Antonio, or Houston. Out of those three ive only been to Houston, But its really nice there. The Houston Zoo is really pretty and so is the Houston Aquarium.

Well I hope ive helped you. Thats about all I can help with but if you have any questions i can try to answer them, yuo can u2 me or ask me in this thread.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by minnie]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

All of the US is not the same in regards to sightseeing. Most of the citizens are hospitable, and you would be a minority to dress in traditional islamic attire for a female or male, although no one would say very much about it. I would suggest just being yourself but highly recommend telling us what interests you.

i really should have Male written under my name

it was a joke (i dont really were islamic colthing ) wanted to see what people would say would happen if i went to the US in islamic out fit

i dont really mind what i see

minnie

miami will be a nice place to see

how much do you guys this will cost to see most places (baring in mind £1= something like $1.80)

[edit on 24-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How much it all costs really depends on how your traveling. If your driving, gas is around 3.15 a gallon (usd of course) and unless you stay in the northeast, expect everything to be hours and hours away. If you are flying you will get to see more tourist spots, but it costs. Trains aren't reliable, and have hours and hours of delays (at least the ones in the Midwest). I think you should hit up Branson, Missouri or St. Louis, Missouri, if you can get that far Midwest. I also suggest seeing Chicago, Illinois and Las Vegas, NV.

Course what you see, is dependent on how much time your going to have over here? The same with prices...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
was thinking
would i be able to go shooting in the US?
some range or something where you pay to shoot a couple rounds?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Did you not see Topgear?! o_o

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Let me know when you're in Manhattan. I'll take you out for a drink!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Did you not see Topgear?! o_o

which episode?

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Let me know when you're in Manhattan. I'll take you out for a drink!

cant say no to a free drink

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lombozo hit it on the head with D.C. I've been there a few times. Nothing better than walking around seeing the White House, Capitol building, Monument.

There was an FBI building I went in when I was there once, you saw a bunch of weapons and the guy shot cutouts in the gun range thing..but I don't know if they still do that.

But Washington DC is a top place to go to..tons of interesting things to see, and they are all right by each other.

NYC...check out the Statue of Liberty...that was fun. Maybe Ground Zero? Time Square....all cool places to go to.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
if your into the supernatural, or just want to see a quaint little mountain town, go to Estes Park Colorado. It's the best. and while your there check out the Stanley Hotel. I used to work there for years. it's quite the freaky place at night.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
And I can show you the UFOs in Southern Colorado, in the San Luis Valley.
Also a little fishing in the San Juan.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
San Diego Zoo is a must imo.

if You get the chance I would check out Chapel of Sacred Mirrors

www.cosm.org...

avoid west texas at all costs.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There is so much to see here. Are you staying on the East Coast or coming out west? Seattle is a great place to visit lots of museums; we have some great beaches in Oregon and Washington. Yellowstone is awesome but if you want to go make reservations now. Check out Priceline.com or one of those sites you can get some good deals on airfare, car rentals and hotels. Of course, Hawaii is also a great place to visit as is the southwest. How much time are you planning on spending here?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join