It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Helped The U.S. Army Plan The 9/11 Attacks" (HOAX?)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well that was.... Wow..... That's all I can say..... There are so many other things I'd like to say but I'm too busy trying to pick my jaw up over everything in those posts.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OK can someone please be kind enough to fill me in on what took place? I assume the OP came on line and made some kind of threat but I am not sure. All I know for certain is posters are talking lawsuits and the first post that started this thread is now gone and I am assuming another post is also missing, so would like someone to fill me in.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
OK can someone please be kind enough to fill me in on what took place?

Mr. McNiven arrived and posted some odd threats that were essentially targeted toward every registered member of ATS.

We're assuming he doesn't understand the nature of discussion boards, and will soon realize his misconception.

I've advised him (by email) that engaging our members in polite and productive conversation is the best way to establish his credibility

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Was the post deleted I cant find it anywhere...

I would be interested in reading it...

I checked his profile, the post is not there...

Thanks S.O.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Was the post deleted I cant find it anywhere...

I would be interested in reading it...

I checked his profile, the post is not there...

Thanks S.O.

No, it's not. He sent it via the "Newsletter submission form" which is staff only.

There is no reason to embarrass him further by making the post mentioned public.

Springer...

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Nothing against the MODS here - I think most of you do great jobs. But why in the world does it feel like you guys are coddling this guy? He hoaxed the board.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 808state
Exactly very obviously not a genuine ID.Why go to the trouble of posting a obvious fake ID.Is the possible Hoaxer suffering mentally.He`s gone to the trouble of posting an ID (requires some IQ ability) on the net.

It's funny you should ask that as I started a thread the other day specifically highlighting this issue in light of this melodrama:

What drives the hoax kooks?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Nothing against the MODS here - I think most of you do great jobs. But why in the world does it feel like you guys are coddling this guy? He hoaxed the board.

I have to agree with those sentiments . I have been wondering why Tim or what ever his name is hasn't been banned yet .
Did this even ever work for the DOD at some stage ?
If he didn't wouldn't he be risking criminal chargers (ie impersonating a government agent ) ?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Let him stay. He may show resistance, but if he's actually reading everyones rightful bashing of him being a hoaxer exploiting the 911 Atrocity for his own selfish desires, then there may be hope for this person. There's better hope if he's not actually mentally ill of course. But either way he's surely being "socialized" here. That is, he'll probably think twice about exploiting an atrocity like 9/11 to serve his own selfish agenda's. This may all be a big step for ths person. There's likely many complex neural constructs that are going to be re-adjusting from this experience. He may be here still defending his way, but in time it will change. For example, most long term memories don't even enter long term storage until you sleep that night. For advanced constructs like we have here it will be more than just storing a memory, it will be major reconfiguration of obviously well established neural constructs. If he gets off easy, or was able to outright avoid it as if it never happened (for example), there will be less reconfiguration. The more times he reads everything the better. Practice makes perfect goes both ways.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't think this guy is a PURE hoaxer. My definition of a pure hoaxer is someone that perpetrates a hoax for the reasons of attention and to trick the populace. This guy I feel perpetrated the hoax to lend some more attention to the 911 tragedy and the conspiracy surrounding it. I believe this guy to be a believer in the 911 cover-up (as am I) and was trying to bring more attention to it, albeit with a hoax, which is never excusable.

See my post about the lack of any ramifications to hoaxers...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Mr. McNiven arrived and posted some odd threats that were essentially targeted toward every registered member of ATS.

We're assuming he doesn't understand the nature of discussion boards, and will soon realize his misconception.

Your reply along with Springers was greatly appreciated SO. We members of ATS Just love it when you keep us abreat of things. Keep up the great work.

(Thinking to Self.

Self How can you sneak in SO's Email and Read what the OP Wrote?
:lol

(Just Kiding That was meant as A Joke)

[edit on 5/27/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have a question. After 12 pages, have we found this guy out to be a hoaxer or not? I mean, come on ATSers. Usually it takes a page or two to find out if someone is lying. As the OP hasn't been banned yet, I'm assumming that no one has yet to find anything to say that it is a definate fake?

Cudos to the OP for being the only one to go 12 pages without people figuring out the deception. That is if it is a hoax.

[edit on 5/28/2007 by Griff]

[edit on 5/28/2007 by Griff]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the general consensus is that most feel that he is hoaxing the board but unintentionally. Apparently he actually believes the propaganda he is putting forth so technically he is not hoaxing anyone.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Cudos to the OP for being the only one to go 12 pages without people figuring out the deception. That is if it is a hoax.

One would think this most certainly is a hoax just look at the facts and discrepancies found on the ID card alone. That alone makes this whole thing very suspect.

As for the not being banned I do believe that was covered by the other member who registered and declared he would be banned and I assume but am not sure was the one who made the threats regarding a lawsuit, he I know was banned so I assume he might have been one and the same but have no way of saying that for certain.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
As for the not being banned I do believe that was covered by the other member who registered and declared he would be banned and I assume but am not sure was the one who made the threats regarding a lawsuit, he I know was banned so I assume he might have been one and the same but have no way of saying that for certain.

I am sorry shots, it was not the person that apparently showed up and subsequently was banned that started this hoax.

The one that threatened the silly lawsuit was Mr. McNiven, the subject of the thread. I am not exactly sure even if he was the OP but he was the one that is the subject of this thread and the apparent hoaxer.

The staff have the issue well in hand and I am sure they will respond appropriately as far as Mr. McNiven is concerned.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Flyingdog5000
Grillfire

Who? I didn't see a "Grillfire" in this thread.

And did the study also include how to convince 19 Arab men, who don't like the United States, to cooperate with US authorities and commit suicide in this endevor?

*snip*

First of all, it's enlisted men, not "Enlistedmen" as your website says, sergeants are also enlisted men, not a seperate class as your site implies.

That's your contribution? An attack on spelling? BTW, you spelled "endeavor" wrong.

Next, you describe yourself as a DOD Federal Agent. Hmmm. What part of DOD did you work for, IG's office, SecDef, Joint Chiefs, anybody??? You can't have been CID because you would have said so. Who was your boss? What office did you work in? What was the phone number and address of that office? Who else worked there? Do you have any family members that will corroborate your whereabouts during that time?

Fair questions. I look forward to the answers.

Finally, your list of supporters doesn't seem to include a single comment in actual support of your comical tale.

F-Dog

F-Dog, if I may, you've been registered to this site for a week and a half, why did THIS thread get you out of your armchair and into posting? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Does anybody know why 808state was banned then? I feel as though these things are being kept from us for some reason...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
Does anybody know why 808state was banned then?

He is/was a returning banned member, who had previously been banned under several other accounts.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks SO. After reading this thread in its entirety I required closure...

Until the return of TSM of course...

[edit on 1/6/07 by thebox]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This guy thinks he's gonna come in here and muscle Nicky?

Yeah right...........Nicky IS the muscle!!!

Peace

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join