It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hutovo Blato - Dating Back 2,200 years (what would you do for sandwiches?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another Discovery in Bosnia Hercegovina

Perhaps related somehow to the Bosnia Pyramid research (on at least another thread here), a researcher was so desperate to search the remains of Illyrian ships in marshlands. She could only afford to pay divers in "sandwiches". Hmmm...

At any rate, sadly, the archaeologist reports that the remains have since been looted extensively.

Still, with a discovery like this in this part of the world, are these artifacts somehow connected to the research of Osmanagich and his so called Pyramids?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Looting of archaeological sites is unfortunately cotmmon, even in America. Researchers are frustrated by finding their sites looted and damaged by people looking for pieces to sell to the antiquities market. I read the account of a very frustrated archaeologst, who was reduced to doing "arcaheology with a backhoe." His team went in with earth movers and scraped up everything they could find, risking damage and worse, to keep it out of the hands of the looters.

It's a sad situation when greed trumps knowledge.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's even worse when people don't hesitate to read a post for its full intention and instead choose to profit quickly from it by treating it with obtuse references about other threads with sarcasm.

That would be greed of another kind, which in and of itself, only perpetuates the the practice that was objected to in the first place.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by newtron25]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm sorry, it appears that I created similar thread.

Is it possible for moderator to combine threads?

top topics

join