It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Paranormal and UFO Investigator Certification!!!

page: 1

log in


posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:17 PM
You can a get certified and listed in directories of investigators. I think I might do this. It would be interesting and, it would be cool to say youre a certified Paranormal and UFO Investigator.

Any input on this?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
for only 65 bux?

Not bad.


posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:36 PM
too bad this place isn't accredited or recognized by any association of colleges. If you're paying $65 for a degree or certification... chances are it's only worth $65.

Sorry to be mean, but, in the long run, places like this just scare real colleges/universities away from the subject of UFOs.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:45 PM
PS: and, yes, I know that they say they have accredited classes... However, real universities/colleges are, themselves, accredited. That is, every recognized institution of learning, on a periodic basis, submits itself to outside review from both the state and peer institutions. Having one or two accredited classes does not make Flammel college a real 'college'.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:59 AM
I'm not doing it to get a job in that area (Paranormal). I attend a "real" college where Im working on a degree in CIS (Computer Information Systems). I just said it would be cool to be a certified Paranormal and UFO Investigator...a novelty.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:38 PM
Not only a novelty, but I'm sure that you'd learn at least something.... I might just do it as a lark too.... Heck, I've already got a security license, wouldn't take much to bump it to Private Investigator... might be a good combo, hehe...but I wouldn't look for it to pay the bills....

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:43 PM
After reading the above, I remembered a story I'd seen earlier today...
BBC News - Fake Universities

Despite this, I'd be up for it....if I had a spare $65 doing nothing........... unfortunately I don't.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:55 PM
You can be a certified UFO investigator with MUFON for free. Well, you have to be a member of the state mufon org that you want to be an investigator for though. Usually only 10 to 20 dollars. The test for it is open book.

Here's the ad for one in Colorado.

"Field Investigators Needed in Colorado for 2003
To become a certified Field Investigator, you must pass the Investigator's Exam with a score of 80% or above. The exam, available from MUFON HQ, is a take-home exam and can be completed at your leisure. It is an open book exam.

The MUFON Field Investigators Manual is available at MUFON HQ for $25+$3.50 S&H. You must purchase a manual for your own use and as a reference during field investigations. Investigator training classes are also useful in preparation for the exam, but are not mandatory."

Colorado Mufon
National Mufon

I'm not a member, just thought I would put this out there.

new topics


log in