It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
NGC,

Your attempt to romance the subject with flowery rhetoric is very poetic, however I notice a marked lack of support for the positions you take. Generalizations don't provide much in the way of proof and are an indication of, again, a shallow and bigoted viewpoint based upon prejudices engendered through - what - a bad personal experience?

So if lawyers drive "beemers" (motorcycles are beemers, cars are bimmers) and have some financial success therefore, ipso facto, they worship Satan and are irredeemable? So as long as a lawyer toils in obscurity he is acceptable? Success breeds contempt, eh? Do you hold physicians and bankers to the same standard? What about software developers? They motor around in huge yachts around here and are worth billions. Does that make them reprehensible to you?

Why don't you focus your angst ridden discourse on the men who run the oil industry or big tobacco? What about the arms merchants and NRA? Why not the military industrial complex? You know why? Because with lawyers you can actually identify a target. It's laziness, pure and simple. The saying should be, "First thing we do is blame all the lawyers" Scapegoating is an easy road for lazy people.

You castigate lawyers because we are trained to both prosecute and defend. The legal system we have depends upon it. Perhaps you would favor a kangaroo court such as Bush has instituted in Gitmo whereby a military tribunal decides guilt and innocence and the defense is not allowed to even review the evidence the prosecution secretly submits nor have a private conversation with the client?

And when your son-in-law, the pimp, is arrested for his pimping ways who will you hire to defend him? An accountant? I suppose you will let him rot in jail rather than expose him to the filth of a lawyer.

And you, sir, will be the first to cry out for protection from the state, to insist upon your rights, when fascism becomes part of our daily lives. You will squeal the loudest for a lawyer to protect you. I wonder if any will answer your call?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
WOULD YOU TWO STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD. ITS NOT ABOUT WHETHER LAWYERS ARE SAINTS OR PARASITES (some are and some aren't; most however are your simple average, self absorbed, greedy folk) AND GET BACK ON SUBJECT!!!

WHICH IS IN CASE EVERYONE HAS FORGOTTEN IS: Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes, what Grover said.

I'm not surprised this thread is dying a slow death at all. This should be the biggest and most important thread ever written here. Its fact. Not fiction.
Its not a conspiracy. Its real.

BUMP

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Grover, my apologies. I have twice tried to disengage from seattlelaw, to no avail. he seems to want nothing except blood.

The problem, which a lawyer could shed some real light on is not how this Presidential directive will be used, but how it could be used.

It is not enough to say that it could be used for progress and the peaceful CoG as intended, but how the wording leaves so vague exactly how and who will be in charge in a situation, and for how long.

This needs to be clarified, in writing, before becoming the law of the land. And why a Presidential Directive? Why not put this before the elected lawmakers? It is these things that make suspect the worst.

Again, my apologies, grover.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Grover, would you like some cheese with that whine. I notice that you did not improve upon the thread with any salient information related to il presidente's latest fascist diktat.

NGC, your embarrassment is appropriate and duly noted. Send me a u2u if you wish for additional, more private, admonishment. Better yet, find someone who cares about your opinion on the subject.

Golly, you all sound so excited about this stuff. What have you to say about this directive? What is there to say? He is, once again, usurping the Constitution, the separation of powers, to enthrone himself as dictator supreme. Do you wonder at that? Is it a big surprise to you? What do you think 911 was all about? Why else would they take that treasonous kind of chance except for absolute power?

Read their Machiavellian manifesto, The Project for a New American Century, and get back to me. It's all there in black and white. They are dragging us into their concept of an enlightened world - Constitution be damned.

Unfortunately, the Project doesn't leave much room in their world for the rest of us.

My advice, remember to don your own oxygen mask first.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Look guys. We can all respect the fact that you both have your opinions, but they need to be taken either to U2Us, or better yet, a debate thread. Both of you should send a U2U to Chissler asking him to set you up with a thread and fighter status. You're both eloquent enough speakers to pull it off.

So, what do ya say? Wanna try it out? I think it would be very entertaining. Just remember that you can't slander one another in the debate. Deal with the facts, and that will lead to the denial of ignorance.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
Grover, would you like some cheese with that whine. I notice that you did not improve upon the thread with any salient information related to il presidente's latest fascist diktat.

I started this thread thank you very much so I do believe, along with my subsequent posts, have contributed to it considerably.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
grover, seattlelaw is just someone with nothing to contribute, and wanting to fight for the sake of hearing themselves rant. I think ignoring his comments is about all we can do.

And Borg, I'm not into debates. I never argue just to be arguing. Not that the debates are not great, just that I always speak from the heart and not from a position. Besides, in a structured debate, it's not about changing an opinion, mine or their's, it's all about winning. But thanks for your confidence that I could do it.

Back on the real subject here. grover, I wonder how a person could get this out to several candidates, and others, to use as a challenge point for the 08 election?

This should play well for Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just a question, does anyone else believe that a disaster will conveniently occur, a few weeks before Bush's term is up, or that something small will occur (like a blizzard), that Bush will want to label as a "national disaster" and use this power?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Just a question, does anyone else believe that a disaster will conveniently occur, a few weeks before Bush's term is up, or that something small will occur (like a blizzard), that Bush will want to label as a "national disaster" and use this power?

I do, but I think it will be before the election. Here's what I think the most probable scenarios are, not in any particular order:

Scenario 1) The Sears Tower in Chicago gets attacked. Larry Silverstein recently bought it (he's the guy that owned the twin towers and bldg 7), and the government has said before that it was a possible target of Al Qaieda.

Scenario 2) Simultaneous nuclear detonations in multiple major U.S. cities. Just a week or 2 ago there were mainstream media reports of this as a possibility. This scenario should be broadened to include chemical and biological rather than make those as as separate scenario. Any simultaneous NBC attack would likely be blamed on Al Qaieda

Scenario 3) Some type of domestic terrorism attack, blamed on militia groups, or right wing Christians. This would allow the government to move against the 2nd amendment and go after peoples guns. There was a recent incident in Moscow Idaho. I don't know the specifics, and don't want to speculate, yet I think it's worth noting cause I saw lots of feds in body armor, ATF in urban camouflage, etc.

Scenario 4) Dollar crash or full on economic collapse causing mass hysteria and riots in the streets. Bush's recent presidential directives are broadly defined enough to allow this as a possibility for instituting Continuity of Government procedures and REX 84. As rhetoric between the US and China is heating up, I could see China cashing in their 1.2 Trillion of US Dollars in their reserves as the vehicle that brings about this collapse. Those Dollars represent "debt" which we can't repay because we are so broke that we have to borrow 3 billion per day from China to fund our war for empire and daily operations of government.

Scenario 5) Bird flu pandemic. This would give rise to the government herding us into FEMA concentration camps and doing forced inoculations at gun point. CDC has still stated reports that this is a major concern. The government is probably developing it themselves at Ft. Detrick Maryland.

In closing, I believe their goal is to get the bird Flu or the dollar crash going soon enough so that they won't have to resort to the nuclear option, which I think is their last option. Anything irradiated by a nuke can be traced to it's source. Something about measuring the isotopes. No 2 nuclear plants can have the same signatures. I do not believe we have until the election. I believe our constitutional form of government is in it's final death throws. When you take so many different things into consideration, it really does seem like their plans are picking up speed. If you haven't seen Alex Jones 911: Road to Tyranny, then I encourage you to watch it. I think this one prepares us for what is coming better than Terrorstorm, in that it deals with specifics regarding the military in our own cities, and shows many examples of this.

Good luck all, and God Bless.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

I don't think it'll happen, simply because we all expect it to. The Powers That Be don't want to let us in on whatever it is that they have planned for us. So why would they let us in on something like that?

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am not sure bush minor has the gonads to go for it... he struts and all but I really am more concerned about his replacement.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Imho, the difference between King George and Queen Hillary is what flavor of NWO you want. Do you want a US centric NWO? If so, root for George and Rudy McRomney. Or do you want a UN centric NWO, if so, root for Hillary/Edwards/Obama. The Bilderberg right now is telling us "No" on attacking Iran, but then again, these are mainly Europeans that want to see the Euro become the new petrodollar and America fall. I mean, when we jokingly say "the lesser of 2 evils" when we vote, that's what we're really talking about, assuming our vote counts, and as we know the last couple times it hasn't.

I'm just glad that we have a 3rd option of "No NWO" with Ron Paul for a change, assuming we make it 'til the election.

It looks bad, it sounds bad, but I hate to be so "doom and gloom" all the time.. There is hope, there are some things we can do. Make electronic voting illegal in all 50 states or at least require a paper record of each vote. Register republican (just temporarily) to vote for Ron Paul in the primary or caucus in your state. Take your money out of the bad banks. Vote with your dollars and quit shopping at Walmart. Buy gold and silver to prepare for the coming dollar collapse. Good luck all.

[edit on 6/2/07 by Kelldor]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The so-called NWO is a crock and a fantasy of the right. Sure there are some movers and shakers who get together and discuss things but based on the past 15 years since Bush Senior coined the phrase, their track record shows they control NOTHING. Even the most totalitarian dictator can only control so much and it is what they cannot control that always brings them down; the contrariness of the human spirit.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The shrub is easily led, and not a deep thinker on his own. But ask yourself who has done most of the pushing on the Iraq War? Who has made the most money from it, though that is only a side benefit? Who is pushing hard for a war with Iran?

Now if old #2 were convinced that the next president, whomever that were to be, intended to do things in such a manner that all the hard work of creating a war state would be lost, he might take action. And Georgie Porgie would be led along, a good fall guy if there was serious trouble to come over such a tactic, because it wouldn't be Bam-Bam's fault then.

And remember that Dickey Doright has a history of getting things done his way. And he doesn't really care what others want or think. I could easily see him masterminding an end run around the elections, "For the good of the country". And if it worked, with no real opposition, well, he wouldn't need a bush to hide behind any more.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the invitation, The Borg, but apparently NGC doesn't have the mettle for a straight fight. No bigee. Just watch who you libel with your worthless and bigoted generalizations next time.

And Grover, I was referring to your specific whine not containing anything material to the thread.

But, in support of the new direction of the thread, I have this to say.

There is a high degree of likelihood that some type of attack will occur before or shortly following the election. This is why:

1) The most recent elections have shown them that their voter suppression and theft cannot absolutely control the outcome of elections. They will be concerned that they cannot steal the next one. This will force them to think of alternatives. The question is whether they institute the more drastic measures in advance of the election or contemporaneous with a loss. They may wait until the results are tabulated to move. The transparency of a move illustrated by such timing would simply require a grander gesture - i.e., a larger target. This would be something that would guarantee the shock and awe of the WTC attacks. A bird flu epidemic would not provide that result. A "suitcase" nuke is the most likely IMO. By the time anyone raised an issue of the origin of the isotope it would be too late to make a difference.

2) I am not convinced that the earlier attack on the WTC was govt. sponsored (although reports of melted concrete raise questions), but if it was, and especially if Oklahoma City was, these folks believe they can get away with murder - because they have. This will embolden them to move even further next time. This latest directive (subject of this thread) is an indication that they continue to lay the groundwork for the next attack. Remember, it is a perpetual war.

As they have warned us, the next attack is not a question of "if" but a question of "when". This is their stated policy. They use catastrophic fear to intimidate their opposition into silence or agreement and to cow the public into begging for help. They reward those who made mistakes which created the opportunity for disaster and they fire or murder those who attempt to discover and expose the truth.

But the 911 truth movement is now fronted by dozens of military and civil experts with great experience and knowledge. Those responsible for that attack may well be feeling the heat. This alone is our best chance of avoiding another 911 - exposing the truth to more and more of the public. This should be our primary goal in the months leading to the election. The more they have to play defense, the less options they will have on offense.

Let's keep their offense on the sidelines.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grover
I don't know if he's going to do anything with it... its certainly unconstitutional... but why give himself (and presumably his successors) these powers and not use them. Personally I am less scared of bush minor than I am Dick Cheney.

You shouldn't be scared of Cheney, hes just a fat money hungry bisexual. You should be more scared of the public's reaction.

The American people have got themselves stuck in a comfort zone with the Government which is causing all these absurd actions. Statements like "I'd be scared of Dick Cheney" just proves the public has lost all touch of whats actually going on in our country.

Governments and politicians should be working for the people, they should not be allowed to weigh in, and put lives at risk for their own personal benefits. Governments should be scared of the people not the other way around. We have lived in fear for far to long, and its only when the people stand up as one when things will actually change.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
You're darned....I mean DAMNED RIGHT it will.
Hell, there wont be an election- or if there is, something will be sure to happen to keep EL DICTADOR BUSH in power.

Any bets?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praafit
You shouldn't be scared of Cheney, hes just a fat money hungry bisexual.

Oh come on now.... don't go giving the rest of us bisexuals a bad name by claiming cheney is one of us.... YUCK!!!

Gag me with a southern baptist man!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I read all the posts in this thread and the Executive Order. I was prompted to add another item to my list in the Below Top Secret Thread: Headlines for the year 2029. Although it's in the joke section, the headlines don't make one laugh. You may want to read all of them, but here's the one I just posted there.

[Future history as background for the 2029 news story below: In early 2008 two of the centrist Supreme Court Justices died suddenly and were replaced by G. W. Bush. That brought the number of justices in favor of his policies to seven of the nine. In October of 2008 a dirty bomb was set off in San Francisco Bay devastating the area, which was the most politically liberal in the nation. The president immediately declared a continuing national emergency, imposed martial law, and invoked the emergency powers defined in his Executive order National Security Presidential Directive/NSPD 51 which he had written in 2007 (although most of it is classified so no one knows what provisions it describes). This was challenged as unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court denied that claim. G.W. Bush changed his title from President to Commander-in-Chief, suspended elections, disbanded Congress and took direct control of the military.]

George W. Bush, Commander-in-Chief since 2008, has retired. He named his twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna and their older husbands, Carl Rove and Paul Wolfowitz, the new Co-Commanders-in-Chief.

Occam

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join