It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I researched them quite abit since I have been considering seeking employment with them. I have some Blackwater video footage from Iraq.
I need to add that they have AH-6 Littlebirds, small helicopters normally used by Special Forces.

They are not a private "army" they have the same capabilities of light infantry with light armored vehicles and some helicopters. Thats it no tanks, no IFVs, no Artillery, no mortars, no gunships, no bombers, no fighters, no anti tank weapons, and nothing heavier than M2 Browning machine guns and MK-19 automatic grenade launchers.

Are you sure you want to be employed by them? These guys are bad news.. Based on that last video, they seems to have no morals or guidelines they do what they want to. You might be right about them being a private army, I can't confirm that but they are contracted by the US secretly supposily. By the constitution is this even legal? A contracted mecenary army secretly employed by the US don't smell too rosy to me. But if you want to I can't stop you. All I ask you is to make a careful decision.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ok I am old to reading these boards and new to posting, and this is NOT the impression I came here to make... I am a skeptic/realist. Doomsdayers sicken me tbh because I know most of them would be the doormats if they ever had to defend themselves. They would say the sky is falling and stick their head in the dirt. Whereas I for one would take up arms, see my way to the nearest band of resistance and proudly die before living in such a Martial Law or Police state existance. Dumb and stupid way to die some might say, but I can proudly call the Minutemen of the Revolution crazy, because they were to think they could win, but eventually, we ALL won, because of such 'crazy' men.

Sorry for the rant, read too much Thomas Jefferson today it would seem. This thread drove me to it.

The scenario I have in my head is fairly simple, and if you give it some thought it can be very chilling.

I think for both sides of the fence it's very easy to agree that Bush has curbed Constitutional and departmental authority influences AWAY from any chance to overrule him, when he wants something done. Hey I voted for the guy, and that shoe hit me in the face in the last few months. He is quite consumed with the idea that what he says goes, and to hell with the process, WHICH IS UNAMERICAN, UNDEMOCRATIC, AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

So what we have is what alot of documents, articles, investigative reports, and certainly alot of just plain speculation and rubbish refers to as a shadow government plan, using COG(Continuity of Government), which if you read into it well, basically says they will HIDE AWAY those in charge, even from the people themselves, to make certain they remain in power no matter what they do, and to execute what is code phrased ENDGAME. Which is endgame for democracy and day one of a dictatorship.

So the frightening prospect is simply this:

All the parts are in place for it to happen.

That's it. All statements to be made in order to make a push for this, if we assume this man would have the audacity to try it, are there. We have already given too much. Whether or not we could allow it to HAPPEN is no longer the question. It CAN happen, now.

So what's to stop it?

This site is unlike most conspiracy theory sites in many ways, and primarily in that it attracts a much wiser and more reasonable/logical audience, however one thing this site sees as often as the others is the eternal struggle: believers trying to prove their beliefs, and skeptics trying to debunk the same.

Well sadly... here we go. If the theories of a Shadow Government, Illuminati, Governmental Mind Control and other Absolute Power conspiracies are ever going to be proven true... Good God help us, they will be.... and mostly likely in the waning months before the elections of 2008.

All the pieces are in place. If ENDGAME can happen, without the people rising up to put it down, then the situation, the man in charge, and the whimper of the acquiescing public trading freedoms for security(we have all let you down Benjamin) are all already in place. If it could ever happen, the opportunity will NEVER be better for 'them' to take it.

And to be honest, mock me as a Doomsdayer, but I may be just another dead revolutionary by 2010. I honestly fear we will see a day that patriotic believers in democracy, and not the totalitarian leadership of a corrupt new order, sit in either detention camps, or in bunkers, crying as they watch old footage of the unheeded words of Dwight Eisenhower warning us of the incessant need for power of the Military Industrial Complex.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Alex Krycek]

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Alex Krycek]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
And to think that my thread was moved to the 'Rant' section just because I was pointing out the need to stop this unconstitutional behavior. It would seem that pointing out that we must resist, not just talk about situations, is to be hidden in a closet , even here at ATS.

I feel like the 'crazy' relative that is kept from polite company lest I say something that might reek of sanity.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
so today I was walking down the street and I came across a big metal canister on the back of a wide load truck tht looked like a double layered cake similar to

< br />
I don't know what it was, but definately an odd thing to see in the middle of the day.Just another L.A. day...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yea and right before Hurricane season, which again, is predicted to be an above average season. Although a storm, like anything else like it and the damages associated with it are normally the responsibility of the State it hit in. The massive screw up by Louisiana and New Orleans to provide adequate support before and after the storm will pave the way for a quicker reaction by federal forces, i mean support to that area.
Despite what people think, Louisiana and the city (New Orleans) was far more responsible for the screw ups than the Feds were. Nagen royally screwed up and was actually able to turn it around and get re-elected based on his blatant lies, wow the residents of NO are very stupid..
In any case, some people consider both storm as dry runs for future Federal Govt actions. New Orleans, a test on how to keep people IN a devastated city and Hurricane Rita provided the platform for a test on keeping the citizens of the Beaumont/Port Arthur area OUT.
I know some of the people that I had claims for werent allowed back home for about 2 weeks after the storm. I dont know how the area was able to successfully keep people out for so long because I was driving around there within days of the storm hitting. There were a lot of roadblocks and check points, which I was able to get through as a "first responder" but they couldnt have had every road blocked off.
I mention all of this because it did look like a model for a run up to martial law. There were never federal troops that I saw in Texas but Louisiana was crawling with them.
I just cant wait for Bush to get the hell out of office and I never want to see his ugly mug on TV again

Originally posted by thelibra
So we are now one disaster away from dictatorship.

God help us.

I guess we can reasonably expect to see the next disaster right before the 2008 elections.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I could be mistaken but aren't there contingent plans for such emergencies already laid out? I am not sure about the constitution but I know such plans were laid out during the cold war. I am curious, why bush minor feels the need to make such a statement now? I am no conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if he plans to leave office.After all "national emergencies" are usually a stepping stone to dictatorship... after all that is what Hitler did.

progressive.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Grover, I think what you are referring to are the PDD (Presdiential Decision Directive) and about 10 Executive Orders that Jack Kennedy wrote in 1962 during the Cuban Missle Crisis to take over all government, public and even private utilities, banks, transportation, etc. in the event of a catastrophic emergency Those are still in effect, since executive orders do not expire with the end of their authors tenure in the WH.

BTW - the Progressive website is down for maintanance, don't have a clue when it will be back up.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

I feel like the 'crazy' relative that is kept from polite company lest I say something that might reek of sanity.

I gottcha; kind of like the way Bush's parents treated him in polite company, before he got into politics, right?
only with Bush there was not much worry about him saying something sane.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Stormrider]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Bush is an ideologically driven sociopath. He thinks his vision of the world is the only one and has surrounded himself with "yes men/women" that will let him do what he wants. I don't know why he got elected in the first place (every company he touched in the past went tits up). If the people of America think he deserves impeachement then get it started. Call or write your representatives and tell them to investigate his actions. Everyone knows he's dirty, prove it and get him out. There is more then enough to do it.

Oh Canada!

We might have to close our borders to the US. Just kidding we wouldn't do that. The influx of Americans into our country since Bush took office is outstanding. From AWOL soldiers to people wanting to be married in a same-sex marriage to the reefer refugees fleeing 10 years in jail for having a couple of joints.

The house of cards is falling in America. Do something before it's too late.

Deez

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think it needs mentioned here at least once that this most likely won't happen. There's too many examples and stories that have warned people about such things. Two of the best ones that I can think of are V For Vendetta and Star Wars. An Emperor Palpatine GWB is NOT!! If he should try to use a cataclysmic event, like say, Star Wars Order 66, or in this case a national emergency, he'd be shut down by all of the people. The People will not tolerate something like that.

It's true that people will tolerate a lot of things, but a dictatorship in a supposed "free society" is not one of them. It'll take a LOT more dumbing down to make us submit to something of that nature, I think.

In any case, it should be an interesting few years. I can't wait to see what it has in store for us.

For Freedom,
TheBorg

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi folks;

I was just reading through the actual language of this yesterday on the Whitehouse website, and was particularly disturbed by section (10) with regards to "coordination between state, local, and tribal governments" by the department of homeland security. In my view what they really mean by "coordination" is; "Ok folks, we are taking you to a FEMA camp where we have beds and food for many thousands of you. Please get on the bus/train and proceed in an orderly fashion". You get the picture.

All of this is definitely REX 84, just updated because Homeland Security didn't exist back then, and FEMA is under Homeland Security, hence why they will have the governing authority. This is exactly the stuff from the questioning of Oliver North at the Iran-Contra hearings.

The whole "The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government." part is obviously the nail in the coffin to the Constitution because there is nothing"co-equal" about that statement of intent. Bush is planning to make himself dictator in chief. Call me paranoid, I don't care. There's too many coincidences now.

Section (1) mentions "a single National Continuity Coordinator". Is this a cabinet position? Shouldn't this person be confirmed by congress? WTF?

Section (2e) mentions "proper respect for the constitutional separation of powers among the branches, to preserve the constitutional framework", but is PRECEDED by "coordinated by the President". Furthermore this section does absolutely nothing to specify that our "current" Constitution shall be preserved. I question whether it opens the door to discard the Constitution and write a new one with less rights, freedoms, and liberties, that still follows "the constitutional framework" in that it will still have 3 co-equal branches of government, supposedly.

Section (6) seems to give alot of power to this "National Continuity Coordinator".

I wonder what is in Annex A, lol. In fairness though, there is a lot of language here that appears on its face to preserve the Constitution. If Bush had not violated it more times than I can count, and yelled that it was just a G'D'd piece of paper, then I would not be so worried.

It is when you take the totality of so many things together, that many of us have observed over the years that I believe they are in the final stages to implement this stuff.

Here we have the president writing new laws through signing statements, presidential directives, and executive orders, and absent is ANY congressional oversight, advice or consent, nor any 2/3 approval. I mean, we are talking about a new law that has significant impact on the Constitution. Shouldn't this be debated in Congress? Shouldn't an Amendment be made and voted on? Shouldn't the Supreme Court exercise their right of Judicial Review and decide on the Constitutionality? This isn't the only 1 either.

I have been writing my Senators, Representative, Governor, and Sate Legislators on this stuff for a while now, and I am done. I know they will not act. They will not hold the administration accountable. My governor will not stand up and fight to regain the authority over the National Guard during disasters and no one will do anything about the gutting of the Posse Comitatus Act or Habeas Corpus thx to the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the National Defense Authorization Act of 2007, and the re-written Insurrection Act.

They are all complicit, involved, in on it. Watch Silverstein too, he bought the Sears Tower in Chicago. Any strange "construction at night" going on?

In closing, our elected officials sold us out to foreign interests. They won't close down the border because more illegals helps them implement the North American Union. It is now time to take matters into your own hands, and get you and your families ready for what is coming. If they kill Ron Paul, then maybe it will be time to consider exercising that 2nd amendment.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My bad, I see now that they took this power away from homeland security and gave it directly to the white house.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

He ALLOWED an entire American city to drown for crying out loud! He knew it was coming, and knew it at least five days before Katrina made landfall. The wealthy had no problem getting out in time, but the poor, which he has NO USE FOR were left to fend for themselves! Five days notice was plenty of time to evacuate those poor souls, but he was too busy playing air guitar while Kindasleeza was buying shoes.

And don't EVEN get me started on 9/11, which was nothing short of treason by the so-called government.

If the monsters are allowed to get away with this ....

Hey Shadow,

I am no supporter of the presidents foreign policies but this arguement is full of baloney. You accuse him of a power grab but in the case of New Orleans, he did not act because the GOVERNOR did not give him the authority to do so. It can't be both ways. In my own opinion, the government is not there to bail out folks who not only refuse to heed warnings and but also refuse to acquire flood insurance in an area BELOW SEA LEVEL NEXT TO THE OCEAN. It's like people living in Kansas who don't have tornado insurance NOR a storm cellar. If Clinton were in office and the exact same thing happened, these accusations would not be made, and you and I both know it.

Oh and by the way, it's not like he has not kept your body safe from harm in the 6 years after 9/11. Forget the cells that have been disrupted and the LAX and Fort Gillam disasters that were diverted.

Personally, I don't think that a dictatorship would be such a bad thing considering that we already kill over 1 MILLION people in this country every single year. Compare the statistics. You won't hear about that from the whining entitlement folks though. To me, it is the height of hypocracy to complain about those who died from a storm while remaining blind to the unborn children who are sacrificed to the god of convenience with shredders, chemicals and screwdrivers.

Now, all that being said I do not think Bush is a good president- I would rate him as extremely poor. For more on my opinion in these matters, please use this link: houtchblog.blogspot.com...

G.Houtchens
armchair coach
amateur historian

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well glad to see this. I was worried that things would be sloppy without the direct guidence of Lord Bush. We need him to continue to guide us and take care of us like he has for so long.
I wonder if we could keep him in a special position after he retires?
America Needs George Bush

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I knew it was a matter of time before people showed up defending bushes actions. "Don't think a dictatorship would be a bad idea".... amazing that someone could post that in all seriousness in this country. In case you haven't noticed a dictatorship is the anti-thesis of all the ideals that this country has stood for, whether we have ever lived up to them or not.

BTW progressive.org is back up and running.

Also to mikeboydUS according to the constitution Arnold can't be president because he is foreign born, it only makes sense that he wouldn't be allowed to run for vice-president either.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by grover]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Good people want to believe and trust in other people. Especially the people we've put in charge to maintain infastructure, security, and uphold the law. Unfortunately, power and greed is a two headed beast, and our leaders are caught in it bad.
Over the last 50 years, we've built our bases in other countries, and have basically bullied our way around. Yeah, there have been some good causes, but they were all paid for by blood. Time to wake up America, unless you want to be sent to "camp".

www.fas.org...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows
so today I was walking down the street and I came across a big metal canister on the back of a wide load truck tht looked like a double layered cake similar to

< br />
I don't know what it was, but definately an odd thing to see in the middle of the day.Just another L.A. day...

Cake....(cries) Why did you have to post that beautiful cake. (In tears) Now I'm hungry!!!

Back on topic...

I noticed that report stomp that its 250 pages. I doubt it says anywhere in the constitution that Bush can hire his own shadow army. Thats what Blackwater is. As of 2006 they had over 504 million dollars in contracts. I'm telling you these guys are bad. I wouldn't even consider on working for them. Their application was unreal very extensive for a mere security company so to speak.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The establishment plan was to bring in Hillary Clinton, it seems that Hillary have no chances in hell of being elected... I heard that the Clintons are the worse, worse than the Bushes. So I think it's the plan if RON PAUL, the people's guy is gonna be elected. All those criminals would end up hanged... maybe that's why they put all that in place, if he have a chance of winning in 08, they call martial law.

And Bush defender of Constitutional government... YEAH RIGHT.

And it won't only be Bush in power, it will be the whole bunch behind... Bilderberg. Maybe Bush will be the front guy, but that's all.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OK, thought came into my mind that if we send a ton of troops to Iraq/Iran, we won't have anyone here to "avoid" the police state / martial law. *trembles* Maybe we should move our women and children to rural areas and teach them to grow food in a garden?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here's more on Blackwater- Now it has the CIA involved with a contract with Blackwater? Gee I mean whats next?

For those who doubt perhaps Bush isn't the angel he turned out to be. Fema camps, CIA secret contracts? The sooner we find out the truth the better.

Its clear to me that Bush violated the constitution of the United States by hiring this company. He has military 5 branches to comply to his orders when needed.

www.tulanelink.com...

rwor.org...

southernstudies.org...

www.tpmmuckraker.com...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yeah like in Belarus where they got owned in WW2 and millions of womens and children were slaugthered by the nazis SS. Women should learn to defend themselves with weapons and learn to grow food in a garden... why wouldn't they be able?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join