It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hmm, while reading through the whitehouse.gov 'run down' of this, the only thing that is really 'scary' is the amount of interpretation which could be used to abuse such benine words.

(e) Protecting against threats to the homeland and bringing to justice perpetrators of crimes or attacks against the United States or its people, property, or interests;

So, if something were to happen and there was some proof that it was executed by our own government in order to control and maintain power...those who would speak of the 'truth' could, technically, be be 'brought to justice'.

Hell, if I can interpret it that way then I am sure those in power can. Afterall, everything is written with a cloud of vague over it for that very reason.

Hmm.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post but:

(6) The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government. In order to advise and assist the President in that function, the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism (APHS/CT) is hereby designated as the National Continuity Coordinator. The National Continuity Coordinator, in coordination with the Assistant to the President for National

Security Affairs (APNSA), without exercising directive authority, shall coordinate the development and implementation of continuity policy for executive departments and agencies. The Continuity Policy Coordination Committee (CPCC), chaired by a Senior Director from the Homeland Security Council staff, designated by the National Continuity Coordinator, shall be the main day-to-day forum for such policy coordination.

If that doesnt read like a set up for instituting an umbrella of control and authority in the instance of an emergency then I don't know what else does.

It seems like very...singular minded...allowance of power. Easily abused as well I am sure.

EDIT: For some reason this bit didn't get put in with the post.

(7) For continuity purposes, each executive department and agency is assigned to a category in accordance with the nature and characteristics of its national security roles and

responsibilities in support of the Federal Government's ability to sustain the NEFs. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall serve as the President's lead agent for coordinating overall

continuity operations and activities of executive departments and agencies, and in such role shall perform the responsibilities set forth for the Secretary in sections 10 and 16 of this directive.

section 10 reads as follows:

(10) Federal Government COOP, COG, and ECG plans and operations shall be appropriately integrated with the emergency plans and capabilities of State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector owners and operators of critical infrastructure, as appropriate, in order to promote interoperability and to prevent redundancies and conflicting lines of authority. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall coordinate the integration of Federal continuity plans and operations with State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector owners and operators of critical infrastructure, as appropriate, in order to provide for the delivery of essential services during an emergency.

Section 16 reads as follows:

(16) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall:

(a) Coordinate the implementation, execution, and assessment of continuity operations and activities;

(b) Develop and promulgate Federal Continuity Directives in order to establish continuity planning requirements for executive departments and agencies;

(c) Conduct biennial assessments of individual department and agency continuity capabilities as prescribed by the Plan and report the results to the President through the APHS/CT;

(d) Conduct quarterly and annual assessments of continuity communications capabilities in consultation with an official designated by the Chief of Staff to the President;

(e) Develop, lead, and conduct a Federal continuity training and exercise program, which shall be incorporated into the National Exercise Program developed pursuant to Homeland Security Presidential Directive-8 of December 17, 2003 ("National Preparedness"), in consultation with an

official designated by the Chief of Staff to the President;

(f) Develop and promulgate continuity planning guidance to State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector critical infrastructure owners and operators;

(g) Make available continuity planning and exercise funding, in the form of grants as provided by law, to State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector critical infrastructure owners and operators; and

(h) As Executive Agent of the National Communications System, develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive continuity communications architecture.

It often talks of allowing the seperation of powers to continue...but then it goes to say that those appointed by the president would , and will, have the authority to coordinate and determine how to use all of the agencies.

Does that not seem like putting far too many eggs in one basket?

[edit on 5/22/0707 by spines]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is scary! Whether you think 911 was an inside job or not it was awful coincidental that insurance was taken out on the towers just before the hit. Now we have GWB securing a place of authority in the event of a crisis?!?!! This is foreshadowing some global catastrophe. What was the next card in that illuminate card game....population control? Although I don't believe alot of the conspiracy's discussed on this site. I'm starting to believe the one world government and illuminate agenda. Besides I don't see GWB relinquishing power and retiring to Florida any time soon.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why does everyone get so paranoid over nothing? What happens in 08 when we've all voted and he's handing over the white house to a new person in '09? all this rampant paranioa is BS.

This is just a trick to keep people like you scared and on the edge of your seat thinkgin "oh no the gov will attack us soon lets blog and spread the word!".

For the last time bush is not all powerful. There will be no martial law, or any other crazy paranoia driven conspirocys happening. He's just making another useless law much like many he's already name.

A lot of you need to calm down, the government is not that powerfull...NOTHING will happen that will make GB stay in office longer than his elected term.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
This is scary! Whether you think 911 was an inside job or not it was awful coincidental that insurance was taken out on the towers just before the hit. Now we have GWB securing a place of authority in the event of a crisis?!?!! This is foreshadowing some global catastrophe. What was the next card in that illuminate card game....population control? Although I don't believe alot of the conspiracy's discussed on this site. I'm starting to believe the one world government and illuminate agenda. Besides I don't see GWB relinquishing power and retiring to Florida any time soon.

Spawnn- For the last time Bush is not all powerful.

Well HooHaa don't feel bad I'm scared to death and there's nothing I can do about it. Bush is gonna do what he wants regardless of what we think.

He has millions of dollars and an army under his control Spawnn. Let me find my army I'll take him on...
Looks around for army..
Um have to get back to you on that.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
Why does everyone get so paranoid over nothing? What happens in 08 when we've all voted and he's handing over the white house to a new person in '09? all this rampant paranioa is BS.

[...]

A lot of you need to calm down, the government is not that powerfull...NOTHING will happen that will make GB stay in office longer than his elected term.

If that occurs, then bravo. I am happy nothing came to pass. It is, however, something which should be known and understood.

Regardless of what comes to pass (and yes, it is most likely that everything will go off normally without any issue)...we should still be educated about what will happen should something go wrong.

You know, educating yourself on what will happen if something does not go according to plan...not keeping ignorant about the newly stated protocol.

Denying ignorance is this sites motto and yet here you are...bashing those attempts at staying informed and discussing.

[edit on 5/22/0707 by spines]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is something not to be glanced over and ignored. What is Bush up to this time..

i have one question, can he still be the president of usa in 08 if anything happens or do elections still goes on?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I beleive GW Bush just signed his own death sentence without knowing it.
We all know he is a puppet and not the smartest...Who is going to benefit the most if GW Bush is killed in a catastrophic event...Yes him...
Dick Cheney...
Is he planning to murder the president to grab absolute power in the US?
It just makes sense...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why does bush seems necessary to go around the constitution and set this unprecedent appointment.

This is something that needs more review and occurs with all the secrecy surrounding Bush and Cheney when it comes to whatever dirty corrupted deals they do in the name of for the good of the nation this is something that has to be put in the open.

A national emergency can be anything that has to do with unatural and natural causes.

Too broad to make it specific.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
OMG.......Is it really happening this easy? I'm terrified to be honest, I always figured I had enough time to secure my financial stability before leaving the U.S for good.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If Jeb Bush was running in the Presidential Election, I would think there might be another 8 years to play with whatever plans they have, if any. Since he is not running, that makes me believe that if anything is going to happen, it's going to happen by the election date or shortly there after. Not to mention, if something was up the Bush's sleeve, then it stands to reason that papa Bush will want to see it happen in his life time (Ego), and he's getting older by the day. haha Those are the 3 reasons why it might happen soon.

Personally, I've got 2 fingers crossed that nothing will happen at all.

My 2 cent whacked out brain.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is Deja Vu all over again!
Similar stories have been floated for almost every President in office, anyone putting any credence in them should take a deep breath and relax.

Besides, everyone knows that Bushcheneyrove are just the current employees of the people who really run things: the Shriners.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
While I seldom get too excited over the antics of elected scum, aside from wanting to start with a clean slate, this is a wee bit different.

Those who say nothing will happen, just because it never has, remind me of a child whistling to keep up his courage while passing a graveyard.

And this is different than times past in that there is motive and opportunity. Any good lawyer knows that these two are a must for a crime to be committed. Add to that, a long history of large and small lies ,crimes, and various indiscretions, and things become more believable.

I too think that the chances are still less than twenty percent that such a thing will happen, but prior to this I would have rated the chances as low as five percent.

It's certainly enough to make me keep a sharp eye out.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Spawn, I never claimed, said or thought Bush was all powerful....YET.

You have to admit something is going on. Look at the big picture. Changes to our laws, concentration camps, war on terror. SOMEONE has an agenda and they are going forward whether we see it or not, admit it or not and are ready or not. I don't want to come off sounding like a dooms dayer and I definitely don't want to start assigning dates. But the world is about to change for the worse. I don't know when or how but SOMETHING is coming.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn

This is just a trick to keep people like you scared and on the edge of your seat thinkgin "oh no the gov will attack us soon lets blog and spread the word!".

For the last time bush is not all powerful. There will be no martial law, or any other crazy paranoia driven conspirocys happening. He's just making another useless law much like many he's already name.

If you believe that then you have no idea how governments work or what makes this one work the way it does.

First: off there is nothing in this that says or suggests that the government will (or might) attack the population.

Second: No law is useless unless it is never enforced. Next this isn't a law per say, it is a White House Directive and that is the crux of the matter, bush minor is assuming this role on his own without congressional approval or oversight. Legally the president does not make laws, congress does.

Third: The constitution is the law of the land on as long as all the branches of government agree to it. Our system is a triangular or tripod system, one with three co-equal branches. bush minor is claiming precedence for the executive branch and while this is not unheard of, it usually happens during, not before national crisis' such as WW2 or the Civil war. Theoretically such a grab for power, which is what it is, could upset our system and bring the house of cards falling down.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This had already been posted in a different form but in any event one of the big points is: as head of the gov't, the president is the one most likely to be decapitated in an emergency situation.

That BushCo now rewrites the protocols to ensure that the WH will run things in an emergency is on the surface pure hubris--they're target numero uno, for chrissiakes!--but also shows that they fully expect to be around if and when that emergency comes, so they can ride it.

And this is no surprise, just the latest installment of shredding "that damned piece of paper."

And yes, you should worry, and be prepared. These guys are in so deep they'll never leave. And where are they supposed to go otherwise? The Hague?

9/11 has worn off, and they need an even bigger shot, like junkies, to shock the public back into submission.

My personal scenario: definitely before 2008 election, a dirty bomb in a 3rd tier city of about 100,000 to 200,000 inhabitants. Shocking but expendable, and won't dent the economy.

Then whump! State of emergency/martial law, election suspended.

Sorry to be glib, but it's almost a foregone conclusion.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A question from the UK.

Do you think all your home grown boys and girls in the military would support such a action ????

There own families under martial law, there first thought would be for there own families and to be with them to help look after/protect and sod any orders given by their CO's.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So we are now one disaster away from dictatorship.

God help us.

I guess we can reasonably expect to see the next disaster right before the 2008 elections.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
A question from the UK.

Do you think all your home grown boys and girls in the military would support such a action ????

There own families under martial law, there first thought would be for there own families and to be with them to help look after/protect and sod any orders given by their CO's.

Just a thought.

We've got some amazingly Neanderthal mentalities here--after all we invented SWAT teams and paramilitary police, tasers, etc.--but I can't believe you can get the real patriots to swallow this swill. And a very large number of them gravitate to service in the military and police. So it's a wild card. Our curse to live in interesting times.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think it makes sense what he did. Just recently they let the FBI be able to get access to everyone's IP address. I look at this sight and others that I'm sure the government holds in such "high esteem". All they are doing is gathering the names of the people that they are going to put in the detention camps and then when this fake even occurs, Bush will be the dictator and all of the people on the list will be put away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join