It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
THERE IS NO VOTE. He needs no backing. All he has to do is implement himself after said "disaster" and that's that.

Well shoot if it's THAT easy...

I hereby declare myself dictator of the United States...wait hell with that...of the entire UNIVERSE!!!

Now the people may not like it, the government may not like it, he may have to hide, but he will be the dictator.

I challenge you to name me one dictator that was not (a) ushered in with military support, (b) voted in by their citizens, or (c) legislated in by their government.

You won't.

That's because if someone doesn't have support from one of those three areas, then they are killed or imprisoned by someone who does.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
*sigh*

Some one already in power who has already SET UP the fact that if there's an EMERGENCY he has sole power over the people CAN BE A DICTATOR.

Of course, i trust, his ass will be kicked out of the White house along with his goons. By whom? I dont know. CONGRESS WILL NO LONGER EXIST.

Anyway, yes, a dictatorship here will be different than everywhere else in the world. We are special.

OOOh, yes, they need some backing unless you have a directive which makes you the grand poopah, the MAN, with nobody to answer to.
Looks like that paper he filed will take care of all this.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Some one already in power who has already SET UP the fact that if there's an EMERGENCY he has sole power over the people CAN BE A DICTATOR.

Agreed. Which is why we should keep our eye out for a document that actually describes this type of SET UP.

CONGRESS WILL NO LONGER EXIST.

Where are you getting that?
Are you speculating, or are you interpreting the Presidential Directive? If you are "interpreting", I feel like we're not reading the same thing. The paper states CLEARLY that all three branches of government will still be operating.

OOOh, yes, they need some backing unless you have a directive which makes you the grand poopah, the MAN, with nobody to answer to.
Looks like that paper he filed will take care of all this.

I feel like you haven't read that paper. We're talking about the Presidential Directive right?

Please quote a line or two to support your points...because I'm pretty comfortable saying that the paper establishes NONE of the things that you're implying.

But maybe we're talking about two different things...

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hmm.... This sounds an awful lot like the Star Wars prequal movies if you ask me. The way Palpatine got "Emergency Wartime Power". But this is just my opinion

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy_nut
This sounds an awful lot like the Star Wars prequal movies if you ask me.

I could not agree with you more.

I file them both under "improbable fiction."

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
I could not agree with you more.

I file them both under "improbable fiction."

So certain of this you are. Betray you, your thoughts might.

It seems funny to me that there's a link to the White House's website, and yet no one believes that this could even be possible. Regardless, this merits close attention on a daily basis. Keep us posted OP.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

It seems funny to me that there's a link to the White House's website, and yet no one believes that this could even be possible. Regardless, this merits close attention on a daily basis. Keep us posted OP.

TheBorg
NO ONE BELEIVES. Even with a link on the WHITEHOUSE website. Can YOU deal with that? Are they in denial or what is a better term for it? I hate the word denial, i think its confused with the river.
What is wrong with my intelligent ATS friends? Its as plain as the nose on your face.
Pluh-eeeeeze!!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The way I look at this situation is...

All these executive orders President Bushler
is signing for himself are "just god d*** pieces of paper"

Isn't that what he said about our Constitution ?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This directive says it revokes (and replaces) Presidential Directive 67 of October 1998. I'm having a tough time finding the actual text of that previous directive. I would like to compare that one to this one.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This from a guy who choked on a friggin Pretzel! What are Americans supposed to do when the next catastrophe happens and G Dub is busy choking on snacks?
What is happening now is exactly what happened in the midsts of WWII, Hitler rallied his men together and faked a terrorist attack in order to legally attack the people he didn't like. He then blamed the Jews of terrorism. Now G dub has his own Waffen (SS) that do whatever he wants.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So certain of this you are. Betray you, your thoughts might.

It’s possible that I might be wrong, I admit. It’s possible that, contrary to all evidence, Bush has set the table to serve us all up a fat helping of dictatorship here in the U.S.

But until I see some legitimate evidence, I can’t allow myself to be swept up in an unwarranted wave of paranoia…to be, what would I call it TheBorg...assimilated?

Originally posted by Valhall
This directive says it revokes (and replaces) Presidential Directive 67 of October 1998. I'm having a tough time finding the actual text of that previous directive.

I can’t find it either. I consider this to be smoking gun proof of the current administration’s attempts to be transparent and accessible to the American citizen.

It was interesting, however, to see that this directive has been revised on the following dates:

October, 1998
June, 1992
April, 1990
September, 1982

So really, does this latest update look more like a product of scheduled administrative maintenance, or a sudden seizure of power by a megalomaniacal wannabe dictator?

Again…I may be wrong…but I certainly have a much better logical foundation than claims like these:

Originally posted by parry noid
What is happening now is exactly what happened in the midsts of WWII, Hitler rallied his men together and faked a terrorist attack in order to legally attack the people he didn't like.

Please show me one similarity…just ONE…just show me one line in this latest update of the Presidential Directive that is even remotely related to the Reichstag Fire Decree.

Show me the oppressed group in the U.S. that you are comparing to the Jews.

Show me the “evil” political party that you are comparing to the Communists.

None of it exists.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

TheBorg
NO ONE BELEIVES. Even with a link on the WHITEHOUSE website. Can YOU deal with that? Are they in denial or what is a better term for it? I hate the word denial, i think its confused with the river.
What is wrong with my intelligent ATS friends? Its as plain as the nose on your face.
Pluh-eeeeeze!!!!!

It makes me angry knowing people ignore and shrug off whats been placed in plain sight
we are doomed

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I feel it is necessary to bring up old topics for analysis. i.e. The John Titor story. I have followed the story and with great skepticism, but some of the key predictions are panning out.

The warning clearly described the creation of an American Federal Empire where the primary focus was in fact what the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 51is outlining to protect. i.e. Constitutional Continuity. However, I think member Essedarius summed it all up with:

(21) This directive:
(a) Shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and the authorities of agencies, or heads of agencies, vested by law, and subject to the availability of appropriations;

Applicable law is what is not clear and is subject to interpretation. A blank check of sorts, but the primary focus is still Constitutional Continuity, not dictatorship. I've read a couple of different versions of the Titor story. One version states that the president tries to be the next Lincoln in keeping the country intact while another version states that the president is forcibly removed. In either case the creation of the American Federal Empire relies on "events" that require Acts like HSPD 51 and the Military Commissions Act of 2006 and the John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007 to implement enforcement of HSPD 51.

What if the necessary "events" are the removal of some of the 12 million illegals already here? Many of the illegals have US citizen family members that may in fact defend their family members. Please consider the following:

The first American Civil war started with a general consensus of southern states willingly ignoring federal laws that abolished human bondage where the demand for human bondage lay in the desire for very low wage work. Human beings in bondage in the southern states then fled to northern states, via the "Underground Railroad", seeking refuge in states that recognized the federal abolishment of human bondage. The southern states then demanded the return of runaways and recieved no help from federal laws nor northern states in returning them. So the southern states seceded and the rest is history.

Today we have many similaritties that we are blind to. We have people coming into this country via something very much like the Underground Railroad. i.e. the vast border deserts illegals risk their lives crossing into our country via the help of guides. There are some states and/or cities that willingly look the other way when it comes to the issue of illegal immigration. This is something illegals interpret as safe zones, very much like the fleeing slaves did when they ran away to the northern states. Does anyone see the parallels here?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
"I've read a couple of different versions of the Titor story. One version states that the president tries to be the next Lincoln in keeping the country intact while another version states that the president is forcibly removed."

There is only one Titor story. The "Lincoln" part reffered to the president taking office in 2009. There is "nothing" about any President being removed from power. Why don't you go ask him? He started that "ET False Flag Operation" thread that's so hot right now. He's going by GhostRaven or something now.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here, since you obviously dont know history:

" Operation Himmler and Canned Goods (1939)

Adolf Hitler stages fake invasion by Polish troops as excuse to start World War 2. Kills German prisoners and clothes them in Polish uniforms. German secret police broadcast fake Polish language transmission for propaganda purposes "

"In 1933, just a week before general elections that might place enough Nazis in office to make Hitler defacto dictator, the Reichstag, which housed the parliament of the German Empire, was set on fire. Adolf Hitler assured everyone that communist terrorists started the fire. Hitler's party member Hermann Göring stated that he had secret evidence that would soon be made public; evidence that proved communists did it. These proclamations came on top of weeks of Nazi-organized street violence designed to whip the public into a pathological fear of communists._The next day, the Nazis convinced a senile President von Hindenburg to sign the Reichstag Decree. The decree, using defence against terrorism as an excuse, suspended just about every major civil liberty set forth in the Weimar Constitution "

Does this not seem like 9/11 and the patriot act? how about this bill signed by bush? I don't care if you dont want to see the facts, I'm writing this to those who want to see them.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's what is scarey.

Its a darned carbon copy of the Hitler era.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am reminded of the comedian George Carlin's quip about bush minor:

"Here is a man who knows nothing about history, being led by men who care nothing for it."

Of course George Carlin was not high on bush minors list of comedians to invite to the White House to begin with.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This directive says it revokes (and replaces) Presidential Directive 67 of October 1998. I'm having a tough time finding the actual text of that previous directive. I would like to compare that one to this one.

Here is a summary of Pres. Clintons version from the Federation of American Scientist. It states that teh full text was never released.

www.fas.org...

Of note is that it seems every almost president has issued a similar directive which revokes its predescesor.

Not to Val, but to everyone else pig piling on President Bush...

While I agree that sidesteping separation of powers
is dangerous, why does it seem like only Pres. Bush gets attacked for things like this? Is it because he just happens to be the president right now while were all here on ATS, or is it because he is so hated?

In closing, let me ask what's so bad about a plan for Continuity of Government in the event of a decapitating disaster, natural or manmade?
Suppose an asteroid hits the Capitol right before the Pres arrives for the SOTU speech and the government is wiped out? Who should be in control until new elections are held and new appointmnets are made? Seems to me that if the President is still alive it should be him or her no matter who he/she is.

WHo disagrees with this line or reasoning?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why does everyone pick on Bush or "Pigpiles" on him.

Because THIS PRESIDENT is different from all others. If there was ever a president who defied the country's people is this one. This president is not working on behalf of the people here.

Do i really have to go on with this? You dont need links, do you?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
DG, When President Bush leaves office next year, and his successor recinds all of his Draconian laws and directives will you admit you may have been a wee bit paranoid?

If he ever enforces or excercises any of his "dictatorial" powers I will publicly apologize to you and everyone else who warned the rest of us.
I promise.

[edit on 6/28/2007 by darkbluesky]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join