It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black or white !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Let's get real about aliens for a short moment, before you all start talking about happy-hippy aliens and evil man-eating shapeshifting lizards again.

Fact n°1 = Earth is the only known Life bearing planet, and is 1 of 8 ( 8 planets)
the sun is an average star on the rim of the Milky Way and is 1 of about 200-400 billion stars that make up our galaxy.
The milky way is one of at least a 100 Billion galaxies in the observable universe alone , which means there may be many more we cannot see because their light has not yet reached us.
We are discovering more and more exoplanets around us as our instruments get more advanced. We have discovered hundreds of them in our local area alone.

Point = Earth may be not so special as we think it is, and life may be more widespread than we think.

Fact n°2 = If life is widespread there might be many different civilisations in our galaxy alone, and lots more in each other galaxies, that's a lot of civilisations if you keep in mind the number of galaxies.

Some may be primitive, others advanced, etc. There must be some at each stage of societal evolution. Some may be aware of the fact and others may be isolated like us. Some may be belligerent empires and others kingdoms or democraties. You can use your imagination.

Why are you thinking aliens are spiritual beings, here for your salvation as if they were the second coming of christ. They are nothing more or less than life that has evolved on another planet. There might aliens 56 LY away from Earth that are peaceful and would like to open a trade lane with us after they've sufficiently prepared us for their existence, but that doesn't mean that 150 LY away there isn't an empire that wants to assimilate the whole local arm.

Point = Life is always diverse, and so is human culture. We've had our share of peaceful people like Gandhi and our share of war hawks like Caesar or Bush. How could then hundreds of different species be space-hippies? Life is not black or white, with pure good on one side and pure evil on the other.

Don't reduce aliens to unfounded childish conceptions of some galactic federation who'se purpose is to help humans into spiritual enlightment, that's like a new age version of star trek for crying out loud.

...Or they made not even exist !

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Why are you thinking aliens are spiritual beings, here for your salvation as if they were the second coming of christ.

Well that's a crude way of putting it but alot of peoples experience with 'aliens' suggest they are, mostly, spiritualy evolved and multi-dimensional.

Point = Life is always diverse, and so is human culture. We've had our share of peaceful people like Gandhi and our share of war hawks like Caesar or Bush.

I've no doubt however theres also hostile aliens too. Evolution needs contrast. However there may be more benevolent aliens because you stand a higher chance of surviving through nuclear/weapons of mass destruction stage of evolution if you are peaceful.

How could then hundreds of different species be space-hippies? Life is not black or white, with pure good on one side and pure evil on the other.

That's true. In fact good and evil are very subjectice. Who's good and who's evil depends on who you are and where you are. Humans from the perspective of a cow about to be slaughtered are probably 'evil'. Like wise Greys/Reptillians (assuming you believe they exist) are 'evil' from the perspective of humans for whatever crimes they're commiting against us.

Don't reduce aliens to unfounded childish conceptions of some galactic federation who'se purpose is to help humans into spiritual enlightment, that's like a new age version of star trek for crying out loud.

...Or they made not even exist !

Well some of the new agers can get a bit to lovery dovey for my liking sometimes. But again, this notion of a peaceful galatic federation exists because alot of people claim that's how they present themselves.

[edit on 22/5/07 by SpiralTrance]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiralTrance
this notion of a peaceful galatic federation exists because alot of people claim that's how they present themselves.

Because their supposedly being telepathically contacted by aliens, idea that I find quite laughable.

However, let's assume some encounters are true, and the aliens appeared or explained that they were multidimensionnal spiritual beings, or that they were here to help, now how to hell can you be sure they are telling the truth and showing their real selves? If a monkey can lie, surely a "grey" can...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

However, let's assume some encounters are true, and the aliens appeared or explained that they were multidimensionnal spiritual beings, or that they were here to help, now how to hell can you be sure they are telling the truth and showing their real selves? If a monkey can lie, surely a "grey" can...

The fact they're telling us to be peaceful, stop killing ourselves and polluting the enviroment beyond repair sounds reasonable and suggests to me they probably mean what they say. Let's face it if they really wanted us all dead they could just leave us to own devices and watch us destroy ourselves without any help from there part.

[edit on 22/5/07 by SpiralTrance]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiralTrance
The fact they're telling us to be peaceful, stop killing ourselves and polluting the enviroment beyond repair sounds reasonable and suggests to me they probably mean what they say. Let's face it if they really wanted us all dead they could just leave us to own devices and watch us destroy ourselves without any help from there part.

If these aliens wanted to prevent us from self destruction they would deal with the governments, not some bunch of people that will be considered as crackpots, even if their experiences were real. Which is just the same as leaving us to our own devices, and we shall be destroyed. Isn't it strange that the minute there is a danger ahead people invent mythical beings that take the responsability of our doings, how convenient..

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
DarkSide

You are confusing spirituality with religion. "Spiritual" means literally "natural". Religion is just a lot of beliefs made up about God to control masses of people and their money. Religion is not God.

We are all spiritual beings with natural abilities of spirit, being made of of spirit and body both. The alien people are just more people just like we are people. When they die, they are still spirit too, and in fact, we are all spirit before we ever have a body.

All races of people believe in the one same God because God teaches at every world. But no other race has the ridiculous hell demon devil religious beliefs we do. This I know for myself from my own alien contacts.

And yes, all races communicate by telepathy as well as audible voice. It's only natural.

The visiting races are offering our governments their assistance with our major world problems, but the governments are refusing it.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by EarthSister]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If these aliens wanted to prevent us from self destruction they would deal with the governments, not some bunch of people that will be considered as crackpots, even if their experiences were real. Which is just the same as leaving us to our own devices, and we shall be destroyed. Isn't it strange that the minute there is a danger ahead people invent mythical beings that take the responsability of our doings, how convenient..

I think you bring up some pretty valid points. People are drawn to power. They have a need to worship something that is "above them." As science has progressed (putting God in question) they turn to the next best thing- a more intelligent organism.

I'd like to throw out some points..

1) Abductees never report any alien interest in our social structure (i.e. who is the president, secretary of defense, lead scientist etc)

2) Abductees report that when pressed Aliens will give vague/generic answers (sometimes not answer at all) to questions posed by the abductees.

3) Aliens always seem to shy away from us. I.E. they disappear when given chase.

4) Nature is neither good nor evil. So never think of it in such terms. I.E. humans have neither good nor evil intentions when dividing an animal's habitat with a new freeway. It is not meant to be good nor evil. It is simply us placing transportation infrastructure based on a variety of criteria (all of which is beyond the comprehension of the animals whos habitat we divide).

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

When they die, they are still spirit too, and in fact, we are all spirit before we ever have a body.

How do you know they die?

Earthsister if you've really had contact with other beings you are welcome to U2U me if you'd like.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
All races of people believe in the one same God because God teaches at every world. But no other race has the ridiculous hell demon devil religious beliefs we do. This I know for myself from my own alien contacts.

So where is he? is he allah? yahveh? zeus? Why did people start believing in animism and not this god?

And yes, all races communicate by telepathy as well as audible voice. It's only natural.

You mean all the species in all the universe except homo sapiens? I find that hard to believe.

The visiting races are offering our governments their assistance with our major world problems, but the governments are refusing it.

Woudln't surprise me at all. $$$ above all.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thank you!

I 100% agree with you, you've said a lot of things that I've just been too lazy to type up.

I just hope the first aliens we make official contact with are peaceful.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Scramjet76

"How do you know they die?

I know because I have personally known many people of many alien races for a long time. My husband and I have been working with them for seventeen years, learning about them and helping other humans who have contact, and the scientists and investigators, understand the goings on about them. We know them as people like we are people, just all different race to race, all as alien from each other as we are from any of them.

The individual alien people who visit Earth are the professionals of their races. Through our conversations and experiences with them, we learn some important things that others need to hear about for their own consideration. But, I am not saying this to convince you that you should believe it. I'm only speaking for myself.

I also have spiritual experiences with spirits of people who have died and angels. I learn some things about the universal natures of life and spirit from them too.

You may U2U me if you like.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Darkside

So where is he? is he allah? yahveh? zeus? Why did people start believing in animism and not this god?

I think God is everywhere. I just know him/her as God.

I don't understand your question about animism. I understand (simply) that spirit is life itself, and not limited to the body, and I believe in God and that God creates life as spirit. It doesn't have to be one or the other to me, but many humans will believe or disbelieve just about anything they are told to by leaders of religions.

You mean all the species in all the universe (speak by telepathy) except homo sapiens? I find that hard to believe.

All humans can speak by telepathy and do. It's an ability of spirit. If a human is never aware of what his spirit is doing at any given time, that's why he is not aware he can speak by telepathy, or of anything else he can do naturally.

The advanced races are more advanced than we are in all ways by spirit as well as by body.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Excuse me for being a skeptic, EarthSister, but do you have any proof of these claims?

I mean, I can understand why flying discs are not revealed to the public (masses would go insane and fly them into buildings), and I can understand why zero point isn't explored and gasoline continues to dominate, but why all the secrecy? I mean, why don't the aliens just reveal themselves?

[edit on 22-5-2007 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Earthsister, let me say first and formost that I want to believe. As a child, I saw one of those triangle shaped ships hovering over the woods near my home. It wasn't loud, but there was that kind of *hum* that you sense from a flouresent light fixture in a schoolroom. I watched it for several minutes, and it made a 180 and shot off into the night.

So, as you can see, I'm a believer.

I've tried my whole life to find a way to make contact. People thought I was crazy, and so I've been alone in this. So, WHY did they choose you? Why are they here? Would they like to talk to another enlightened spirit? if so... HERE I AM!

I want to believe. Show me something in the way of proof, and I will do everything in my power to help. I am a skeptic, yes, but only because there are so many out there who just want to blow smoke out their asses.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by RavenWolf]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
SonicInfinity

The alien races show up very carefully, and are increasing sightings and personal contact continuously. They sneak around because they have to. Our govts shoot them out of the sky whenever possible. And when individual civilians make alien contact, and then become known for that contact, those humans are in danger of govt protection of "national security". Humans who know things from the alien races are essentially made hostages by the govt to blackmail the alien races to make them stay away.

When the alien races show up for all suddenly one day, the problem will not be mass panic. There will be two main problems. One is that the "evidence" of the aliens will "prove" to the people who don't know better, that everything the govts tell them to believe about the aliens is true. The other problem is that the people who DO know better will launch civil war against their governments.

If the alien races showed up down town for all to see, and then a building blew up, who would you think did that? When a human is known for his claims of personal contact with alien life, and he suddenly disappears, who would you think took him?

Humanity needs to understand a little more truth yet, whether some individuals believe the truth or not, before the alien races' grand debut can be more productive than destructive for our world. Why add fuel to the confusion? Why prove all the lies?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
RavenWolf

Okay, so you saw an alien craft, so you are a believer. But, what do you believe about the alien races? If you believe all the crap being professionally mainlined through the veins of the ufo field, you were closer to the truth before you ever saw that craft.

I have no personal evidence of world visitation or of my own visitation, and that's the way the alien races keep it. For an individual human to have the kind of evidence that would convince you of anything, it would put that individual in a position of being shut up, one way or another.

If a human personally had a kind of evidence of alien life that could convince you of anything he said, it would be used to convince you of anything he said! But, it would not prove to you whether he was lying.

You want contact. So if you had it, what would be important to you- learning all you could and sharing it with others who may have the opportunity for contact? Or getting a hold on a piece of evidence to prove to others that you saw an alien?

You want proof of alien life, and you're asking me for it? If you have the alien contact you want, that is your proof-- ask the aliens for it. If you see me there during your encounter, then you can know that I have alien contact too.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by EarthSister]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I think God is everywhere. I just know him/her as God.

What I meant is that say there was a small population living on an island and completely sealed off from the rest of the world. How would they find out about this God? Wouldn't it be very likely that they'd die without even knowing about him. Or do you mean by God that he is just the creator and does not interfere with people?

I don't understand your question about animism.

What I meant was that the first beliefs concerning the supernatural were not about God. They were about spirits that lived in the spirit world and interfered with the real world. For example any tribal society that still exists today has those kind of beliefs. The concept of a creating God came after civilisation appeared. Let alone the concept of a unique all-powerful God.

All humans can speak by telepathy and do. It's an ability of spirit. If a human is never aware of what his spirit is doing at any given time, that's why he is not aware he can speak by telepathy, or of anything else he can do naturally.

So 99.999% of the world population is unaware of their spirit and cannot communicate that way?

Our govts shoot them out of the sky whenever possible

How is this possible? Most UFO witnessess including military say that they exhibit unbelievable aerodynamics, accelerations, speeds etc. They outperform anyone of our aircrafts and do not appear on radar most of the time. Meaning some missiles probably can't even lock onto them, in any case they would outperform even our missiles. In the Teheran case the UFO disabled the jet's armament systems (if the case is genuine of course)

top topics

join