It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PNAVIA Tornado will be equiped Meteor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
No one deemed this was a real jetfighter even it was equiped Skyflash. Even loading AIM-120, Tornado also has no ability to intercept some long range cruising missile that launched out of supersonic bomber like Backfire or Blackjack, but now RAF can get BVRAAM to counter the threat from such missile whose range was longer than intercepting missile from Tornado before.
This topic should posted by Waynos, but his net problem seems not to be fixed yet, so I come to cover for.
link

[edit on 22-5-2007 by emile]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i liked to see the tornado go out and whoop ass everything

Fully intergrated with meteor missiles will be great in its twilight years.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great to see the Meteor project movin forward still and flushing out a bit more. The inclusion of the Tornado with the Meteor will only mean good things for the plane. Or is that jumping the gun? Personally I like sitting back and watching how things will flush out.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The contract is only to equip two F3's with Meteor as part of the missile's trials due to the lack of available Typhoons. We won't be seeing any operational Meteor loaded F3's any time soon.

www.qinetiq.com...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Arh yes, you're correct! Since range of AIM-120 are beyond 100km already, we didn't see the reason to put the Meteor on Tornado, even originally I think Tornado should load Phoenix for its Foxhunter radar that detect range over 180 km.

I read English web not be so careful as you did.

top topics

join