It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litvinenko's killer 'to face charges'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A Russian should be charged over the fatal poisoning of former KGB officer Alexander Litvinenko, the director of public prosecutions has recommended.

...Sir Ken told the press conference: "I have today concluded that the evidence sent to us by the police is sufficient to charge Andrei Lugovoi with the murder of Mr Litvinenko by deliberate poisoning...

Mr Lugovoi has strongly denied any involvement.

I doubt he will ever see any prison cell in his life!!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've heard it, and Lugovoi is not the only one being charged, the british said this could only been done by a state sponsored operation.
This could end up [if it isnt already] being a serious diplomatic scandal..

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It sounds to me like a response from British Intelligence, perhaps a warning to Russia not to bump any more agents of on British Soil.

I doubt this will go as far as any Russian political person being either accused or on trial, it would be too dang messy and could strain diplomatic ties between the two nations further, which none can afford to risk at the moment.

I think it was a warning shot though, for any future sneak assasinations. If you know the story, don't the russian agents have more subtle ways of murder? lol

If you haven't been aware of the story, here's a quick timeline of how Russian agents poisoned a fellow 'dissenter' living in the UK, which reads like something straight out of a spy novel!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
schotland yard said it was state sponsored, but for now only Lugovoi being charged..still the russians would never hand him over, i wonder if this means the british have loss of face or the russians with their nonsubtle killings..

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Litvinenko's killer will not face charges. He is protected by his KGB comrades. They will not extradite him to UK from Russia. Litvinenko had to know he was in danger when he turned on the KGB.

new topics

top topics

join