It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful alien myth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Was just wondering why everyone seems to conclude that if aliens are so far advanced they must be peaceful.

Isn't it possible that just like us their advancements have been due to war. In fact you could assume that if anything they are more violent and war prone due to the fact that they are more advanced.

Just a theory....... thoughts????

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Although man has advanced a lot, one thing has always remained unchanged, some men are peaceful, some are not. I expect aliens to be the same, and it is important to note that it is not the peaceful aliens you would have to worry about!

On a positive note, if they really wanted to wipe humanity out, they probably would have done it a long time ago.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Some men are peaceful, but even Ghandi probably killed ants when he was a kid. We are a violent, angry species as a whole.

I suppose you don't get to the top of the food chain by being passive.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think the more advanced and intelligent you get, the more you understand that killing other beings is wrong and not even necessary.

Tonight I was watching the news, and once again there is a War forming in the middle east. I look at these primitive humans, all banded together in the dirty streets, yelling and shooting guns while all wanting to kill the enemy all because of some fake religious beliefs. They are just stupid and primitive. Don't they have some kind of work to tend to? Don't they have hobbies or something? I would rather read and educate myself than go run around in the streets with guns and killing other people because they believe in a different "made-up religion" than I do. The people in the middle east are just stupid and primitive. They will catch up eventually (I hope).

We as a human race are still very stupid and primitive. But imagine if we had been advancing for like 80,000 years already in the times of modern day technology. We would be far more intelligent and experienced and my theory is that there would be far less wars and killing, if not none at all. But maybe that's just me...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Diplomat, that has got to be one of the most shocking posts I've read on this forum. Do you really believe that your superior to these "primitive" middle easterners.

Wasn't the middle east the birthplace of civilisation?

I'm yet to see a so called "terrorist" state religion as the sole cause of all the unrest.

I don't want to go off topic but that's just a horrific line of thought to have. If anything you've shown yourself to be the stupid and primitive one.

Anyway, back to the point.....

We've been progressing for thousands of years and what has changed? We've become more and more material and we have made a very profitable lifestyle out of killing.

Back in the day we fought face to face quite brutally, now we can kill millions in a second without ever seeing a drop of blood.

Maybe after 80,000 years we'll do what we haven't come close to yet. But while there are Diplomat's around fanning the flames of hatred I doubt it.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
The people in the middle east are just stupid and primitive. They will catch up eventually (I hope).

Well that quote there makes YOU seem stupid and primative, how ironic.

You do understand that anywere in the world, people are individuals, everyone is different, I could think that all you americans are stupid and primative because your racist to black people. Are you racist to black people? probably not, but do you now see what your saying?

Anyway we are all individuals, and no matter how long we are on earth, thats not going to change, we will make decisions for peace, others will make decisions to kill, because we are all individuals no matter were we come from, or what weve been through.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

In just five posts you guys have turned a question about Aliens into a new Holy War... congratulations

Perhaps your right, maybe the Aliens should come and wipe us out

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef_Ukhar
Do you really believe that your superior to these "primitive" middle easterners.

In a short answer: Yes. They are goddamn idiots out there... how do you not see that?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Do you really believe that your superior to these "primitive" middle easterners.

In a short answer: Yes. They are goddamn idiots out there... how do you not see that?

There are idiots everywhere, and you must be one of them.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
zorgon, lmfao

Not exactly what I was trying for but I suppose it shows we've got a long way to go.

Diplomat, "I would rather read and educate myself".

May I suggest you get back to doing that?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

zorgon, lmfao

Not exactly what I was trying for but I suppose it shows we've got a long way to go.

Well I obviously am not going to win this argument so I'll just leave it alone. You guys go ahead and keep believing that most people in the Middle East aren't primitive when compared to other civilized parts of the world. They really have their act together over there don't they. Why don't you guys go over there and tell them how advanced and civilized they are so they can put an AK-47 bullet in your head for believing in a different make-believe-god than they do...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

zorgon, lmfao

Well I obviously am not going to win this argument so I'll just leave it alone. You guys go ahead and keep believing that most people in the Middle East aren't primitive when compared to other civilized parts of the world. They really have their act together over there don't they. Why don't you guys go over there and tell them how advanced and civilized they are so they can put an AK-47 bullet in your head for believing in a different make-believe-god than they do...

Have you ever been to dubai? most people there are probably richer than you and are more civilized.
Have you EVER been to the countries that have all these problems?
You do realise that there are many countries in the middle east, of different religions different people, your basically saying they are all the same?

I suppose you also believe all english people love a cup of tea and talk like the queen, that all black people act like ganstas, that all americans are fat and ignorant, that all german people are nazis etc because thats what you sound like.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You cant blame the people, only the conditions placed on them that force them into radicalized situations. Sometimes its outside sources or just a few bad eggs to blame. But calling all people from an entire region stupid is pretty much ignorant.

Back on topic: I think Aliens could be both peaceful or hostile, depending on many conditions on their home planet as well as their biological makeup. For instance if they originate from a planet that has plentiful resources they might be able to progress as a civilization without warring over resources and principles that govern them. This could lead to a technologically advanced civilization with no real environmental constraints, thus making them peaceful in their ventures. Or, their biological makeup could mean that they all look essentially the exact same, similar to insects, resulting in a non-racist being.

What it comes down to is that there are so many variables that determine a species' particular attitude and mental demeanor that you cannot say for certain whether all aliens are hostile or not. It is my belief that the universe is populated with millions of civilizations, some probably hostile some probably not.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Diplomat, I think I will go back to not generalising 200 million people.

OK, so far all we've proved is the hating tendencies of humanity. What about aliens tho?

Any chance of getting back to the original topic?

Thank you Vipassana, Awesome sig. Never heard that quote before.

Good point too, I never thought about the conditions which really lead us to violence such as resources etc.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Krahzeef_Ukhar]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Wow! thats the most uncivilized thing i've heard in a while.
You speake of higher intelect and understanding - my friend you have none of those things.

At least they fight for something they believe in unlike most americans
that plant themselves in front of their T.V.'s hypnotized watching "brain dead" shows and drinking thier beer while thier soldiers die in a pointless war and the constitution gets thrown into a paper shredder.

I would rather be "uncivilized" and aware than passive and stupid.

Sorry Krahzeef_Ukhar had to reply to Diplomat

I would think if E.T. was a "bad guy" they would have done away with us along time ago.

Orion_

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Orion_grey]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You guys are calling me stupid and you are the ones assuming that I am calling EACH AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT LIVES IN THE MIDDLE EAST stupid and primitive? What the hell are you guys talking about? Obviously there are very intelligent and peaceful individuals in the middle east, you guys just don't understand what I was trying to say... so forget about it. I obviously wasn't talking about every single person in every single middle eastern country... wtf...

Maybe you guys just don't watch the same news that I do. I was commenting on the footage I had been watching today of the crazies in the streets with guns and burning flags and all that dumb crap... but you guys obviously miss the point and think I am trying to rag on entire cultures...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Diplomat, Your the one missing the point.

You see them burning flags right! Are they burning an ephagy of Jesus or of Bush (Although to some they're interchangable).

Why burn an american flag if it's religion that's causing the problem? The sad fact is that these guys have more reason to hate us than we them. Of course CNN isn't going to show Iranians and talk about all the stuff we have done to them. Terrorists who hate freedom is a lot easier, probably rates better too.

Orion_grey, all good. You can't not respond to stuff like that.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Diplomat, Your the one missing the point.

You see them burning flags right! Are they burning an ephagy of Jesus or of Bush (Although to some they're interchangable).

Why burn an american flag if it's religion that's causing the problem? The sad fact is that these guys have more reason to hate us than we them. Of course CNN isn't going to show Iranians and talk about all the stuff we have done to them. Terrorists who hate freedom is a lot easier, probably rates better too.

Orion_grey, all good. You can't not respond to stuff like that.

The flag burning is basically irrelevent, so get off it. I shouldn't even have thrown that part in there as an example as to why they are primitive. lol, damn... just let it go... I'll leave your thread alone now so you guys can put your imaginations together and wonder about how some fake aliens really act... aliens that you guys have no clue about whether they even exist or not, talk about a waste of time and brainpower...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Maybe you guys just don't watch the same news that I do. I was commenting on the footage I had been watching today of the crazies in the streets with guns and burning flags and all that dumb crap... but you guys obviously miss the point and think I am trying to rag on entire cultures...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Diplomat]

OK so it's the guns then? Or is that basically irrelevent too?
Maybe it's the "dumb crap". But you'd probably have to be a little more specific than that.

You've managed to offend many with those comments, and now after failing to get your point across your going to insult all those (such as yourself) who are looking at the alien part of the forum.

Anyhoo, fake aliens or not............

Isn't it possible that just like us their advancements have been due to war. In fact you could assume that if anything they are more violent and war prone due to the fact that they are more advanced.

Just a theory....... thoughts????

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
People in the Middle-East aren't primitive, it's just that a lot of them need to get their agendas sorted and learn to try diplomatic solutions rather than violence.

Anyway if you're going to talk about that go and start another thread about it, ya?

On topic: I think that there is a good chance that an alien race would have developed their own means of warfare. I mean, humans became the dominant race on Earth because we used our brains and brawn to overcome other species, thus instilling a natural instinct in us to be able to fight.

Assuming an alien planet contains more than one species, they could have done the same thing. Or maybe they've just learned to colonise and fight each other between their 'countries' as we do, and that's where they got their warfare instincts from?

So they finish fighting between themselves (as we need to do!), or maybe one colony came out on top and started a space project. Then they start looking out into space for curious exploration purposes, and they probably would have used their warring instincts to realise that they should build some sort of weapons into their craft.

But it's wrong to say that they would have wiped us out years ago, because maybe they're not looking to just destroy everyone, only hostile races. And we're not exactly advanced enough to show hostility in space. Either that or a violent alien race hasn't discovered us yet, the universe is a big place!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join