It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female masons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Very asute observation Dredz

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigred1000
These female lodges (clandestine) in France, do they have the same ritual? I can't imagine a female taking the same obligation as a male.

No, the ritual has more in common with the ritual now being used in Traditional Observance Lodges.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

state how a candidate should be prepared to receive the sublime degree of master mason.

.......both breasts __________ ?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That is one difference but they are otherwise duly and truly prepared to be raised to the sublime degree.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A bit irrelevant, but do you ever wonder why they honor the Architect, and not the Creator? Anyone can be an architect, I can be one, you can be one, but we cannot be creators. This is one of the reasons they are seen as Luciferian, as he is indeed an architect, bestowing us with wisdoms and technologies, however he can only use matter and means that the true God has created, thus making the Architect inferior to Creator.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My granddad was a mason and my grandmother belonged to the Eastern Star. I just got some old home video's transferred to dvd and I think one of them is an Eastern Star ceremony.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonarchSlave
A bit irrelevant, but do you ever wonder why they honor the Architect, and not the Creator? Anyone can be an architect, I can be one, you can be one, but we cannot be creators. This is one of the reasons they are seen as Luciferian, as he is indeed an architect, bestowing us with wisdoms and technologies, however he can only use matter and means that the true God has created, thus making the Architect inferior to Creator.
I disagree. You don't hire Frank Lloyd Wright to get out a hammer and some nails and build a building. The beauty is in the design of all things. The building process is mechanical, and anyone with limited training can probably do a bulk of it. In fact, the Masons are the builders. The one who creates the blueprint for our work and sets us to labor is God.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonarchSlave

The answer to your question is a bit more mundane. Theologian John Calvin referred to God several times as "Great Architect of the Universe" in his "Institutes of the Christian Religion".

In 1724, the Rev. James Anderson, a Scottish Presbyterian minister, was elected Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of England, and became Chairman of the Committee to organize the Craft's constitutions. Being a Calvinist himself, he was already very familiar with Calvin's writings, and thought that Calvin's title for God would be a good Masonic metaphor, and therefore adopted it in his Constitutions for the Masonic Grand Lodge.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bigred1000

Freemasonry is a male dominated society.

masonicinfo

Many (most?) mixed-gender lodges (Le Droit Humain and some Grand Orient lodges) which exist today have - as far as can be ascertained - changed some things which 'mainstream' Freemasons consider absolutely and unequivocally essential: an open Bible upon the altar when the lodge is at work, prohibition of political or religious discussions, etc. Because of this, such mixed lodges are far more removed from 'mainstream' Freemasonry. They consider themselves Masons but the large body of Freemasonry does not and very likely will not in the next century at least.

Their are women only lodges, co-ed lodges and men only lodges. But co-ed lodges and women only lodges are not considered part of mainstream freemasonry, because of the few reasons stated above that they don't place open bible upon altar and they also discuss religion and politics inside lodges. And also masons give reasons like freemasonry is a fraternity so it is for men and women go to sororities, so freemasonry is basically a patriarchal male dominated society.

But if you take examples of other humanitarian organizations, you will see they employ more women than men, because women's have a natural caring and loving nature, which is an absolute requirement for a philanthropic organization. But philanthropy is a side job in freemasonry, so no need for females, this is another reason why they are male dominated.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminazislayer
reply to post by bigred1000

Freemasonry is a male dominated society.

masonicinfo

Many (most?) mixed-gender lodges (Le Droit Humain and some Grand Orient lodges) which exist today have - as far as can be ascertained - changed some things which 'mainstream' Freemasons consider absolutely and unequivocally essential: an open Bible upon the altar when the lodge is at work, prohibition of political or religious discussions, etc. Because of this, such mixed lodges are far more removed from 'mainstream' Freemasonry. They consider themselves Masons but the large body of Freemasonry does not and very likely will not in the next century at least.

Their are women only lodges, co-ed lodges and men only lodges. But co-ed lodges and women only lodges are not considered part of mainstream freemasonry, because of the few reasons stated above that they don't place open bible upon altar and they also discuss religion and politics inside lodges. And also masons give reasons like freemasonry is a fraternity so it is for men and women go to sororities, so freemasonry is basically a patriarchal male dominated society.

This is slander against mixed gender Lodges from masonicinfo. I can't say that I have been to most Lodges in mixed Masonry but I am certain that I have been to more than Ed King (the author of that web-site) has! I have traveled to mixed gender Freemason Lodges in Europe and America and there was a Volume of Sacred Law open on the altar of all that I have attended. However, they don't ask a prospective member if they have a belief in a Supreme Being before joining to maintain absolute liberty of conscience. In addition, I haven't heard any discussions of politics or religion in Lodge either, although Freemasons in Europe have taken positions on some political issues especially as they relate to human rights.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join