It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V For Vendetta: Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yea so i have recently seen the movie V for Vendetta and thought it was really cool. But while watching it i thought, Hey, this could become a reality if things went the way the Elitist want it. A Fascist society, virtually no rights or some at all, a secret police, no privacy, and curfews with more.

I would like to hear opions if we are closer to this kind of society if things came into place for the NWO Agenda to succeed. I think it may become a reality, just at least part of it. Maybe it would come true in a far flung country, but sensible people would not stand for this kind of crap if it became apaarrent it would become a reality.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by jarheadjock]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Absolutely not. The events in V for Vendetta (i.e. a bioterror plague) would be too difficult to execute "without a hitch" as were portrayed in the movie. Good question, though. Five stars and a flag.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
just because people take notice dosnt mean they will do anything
about it .. esp. if it means they or some one they love might get hurt
in doing so. It could happen .. all they would have to do is lie to the people. but i guess it wont cuz the government dosnt lie at all or cover anything up .. so where safe ..

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
To me personally it seemed like the writer of the "story" tried to "somewhat subtle"
show his thoughts he can't show in public.
It was an inside job.

Or, possibly the movie was made to serve like a reverse phsychology type of
thing..
"It only happens in movies, right?"

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
my #1 reason why the NWO doesnt and probably couldnt exist at least as of now, being that forced enslavement/occupation of people doesnt work. French resistance durign WW II, or look at Iraq, i mean the US went in there to take a man out of poewr who would mericilessly torture and kill, and then the US tried to rebuild things and people still dont want them there.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah, some super hero in a mask is gonna come save us all from the big bad NWO...

That movie is about as real as the governments claim that office fires demolished 3 buildings to their basements.

You can't fight the powers that be with guns and knives. Only in Hollywood.
The real fight is far too boring for movie sensationalism, and has been going on for many years. Unfortunately the real fight requires a lot of sacrifice that most people are unwilling to make. So while you all sit around waiting for someone to come save us, the 'powers that be' are slowly, methodically, legally raping you. If you are not doing anything now it's too late, you are already dead.
The NWO is already here.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Yeah, some super hero in a mask is gonna come save us all from the big bad NWO...

That movie is about as real as the governments claim that office fires demolished 3 buildings to their basements.

You can't fight the powers that be with guns and knives. Only in Hollywood.
The real fight is far too boring for movie sensationalism, and has been going on for many years. Unfortunately the real fight requires a lot of sacrifice that most people are unwilling to make. So while you all sit around waiting for someone to come save us, the 'powers that be' are slowly, methodically, legally raping you. If you are not doing anything now it's too late, you are already dead.
The NWO is already here.

Heh, thats a harsh but true statement there.

And i like all of the other opinions said here also. I dont disregard that terrorists did 911 (cuz i think it was an inside job) and consider it and my theory i belive in, as alternatives to discern what it real or not. So thanks everyone for the replies, makes me think that it was a good idea to post a stopid idea like this to a thread

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
my #1 reason why the NWO doesnt and probably couldnt exist at least as of now, being that forced enslavement/occupation of people doesnt work. French resistance durign WW II, or look at Iraq, i mean the US went in there to take a man out of poewr who would mericilessly torture and kill, and then the US tried to rebuild things and people still dont want them there.

This doesn't mean that people still won't continue to try. This time it will be different because of technology.
All poor men want to be rich, all rich men want to be king, all kings want to be gods. This is the legacy of humanity over & over again.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The OP meant the state of the world in that movie, not the plotline, you .. *insert insulting word here* .

I think it can get close to that, but not almost identical.

The bioterror thing, No. Nuclear terror? Yes. If Nukes went off, the "fall out" would require people to stay in doors if they wanted a chance of surviving, within a home built shelter inside their home to block some radiation, i mean absorb it. Perfect way to keep people in their place, wouldnt you say? Whether the threat was real or not, whether the event happens or is just orchestrated and they claim its happened.

Theoretically, if they wanted, they being the NWO and the highest folks in the EU, Russia, the CIA, the US Govt, and US Military, they could scare the people into a position where simply being on the street makes you suspicious enough to be taken into custody for an indefinite period of time. Scary huh?

And for Americans, they do say theres all those empty "prisons" built across the country, mainly out west. Many claim to have seen them. Maybe its just a nonsense conspiracy theory, or maybe its true?

As for the end of the movie, no I dont think the people could come together and organize in such a fashion against their government. Talking about the scene were everyones wearing V masks and rushing the cops during a martial law order. Anyways.. we will see

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
if you liked Vendetta, I suggest you check out a movie called "Land of the Blind"

It's like a more realistic vendetta... in my top 5 movies of all time

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I did watch 'V For Vendetta' and recognised the poignancy of the landscape that was portrayed within the film.

At the moment though the 'NWO' is just a paranoid construct of the very people who don't want to see it ever come to fruition. Our constant worry over our future is becoming obsessive and is beginning to manifest itself in the kind of ways we expect it to.

It's actually easier to control people when they know what's going to happen because the agenda is there for them in black and white before it's even been implemented. If I say "Think of a pink elephant when I call you at 3:00 this afternoon", chances are you will, whether you want to or not. This compulsive and delerious NWO talk is simply taking all the work out of it for the 'Powers That Be' since nothing is coming as a surprise and we look at all of latest developments as evidence of the 'NWO' at work. In reality we have to just wipe this sh*t out of our minds and concentrate on enjoying life and our remaining freedoms while we still can. We can travel the world, make as much money as we're prepared to work for, form a political party, drink as much alcohol and smoke as many cigarettes as we like... the world isn't as much of a shambles as some would have you believe.

Yet.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They keep setting up the groundwork to try this stuff. They can pratice this type of germ warfare in Africa where no one really pays attention to it. The world propagandists keep the puppet show on other issues. How many different dieases are there in the heart of Africa now that are under reported? Until they can be controlled they will be used in areas that if they run too rampet no one will really care.

top topics

join