It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why don't people clean their teeth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have known several people who attend to all other aspects of personal grooming yet ignore their teeth to the point where they become rotting stumps. I've witnessed them wash their hands after urinating, look in the mirror, comb their hair, so whats with the teeth. I'm serious, this question has been nagging me for years

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why don't you ask 'em ? lol...

(sorry, I can't help you as I do wash my teeth religiously...)

Edit: And maybe you need to change/update your circle of relative

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't understand that.
I too am religious when it comes to taking care of my teeth.
I hate having my teeth feel dirty. ugh.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well there's actually flip side to that coin. I've actually taken care of my teeth TOO well, and the anamel (sorry can't spell) at the back of my bottom teeth has scraped off. Some of my teeth at the back are now black in places, luckily not at the front though.

As with everything you've got to find a happy medium.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't know if people do this by choice or what. Personally, I cannot function, speak to anyone or even think in the morning until I brush my teeth and my tongue.

However I feel that some people perhaps do not take as good care of their teeth because of their lack of dental coverage and the ability to visit a dentist.

In some parts of the world, you would have to travel many many miles to visit the only dentist located in the area, and usually he is not very cheap to the common folks.

In other societies, such as America and England, I think it has to do with the costs of seeing a dentist. Even with dental insurance, the costs can be quite high. i believe Canada has some sort of dental coverage for all their citizens

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I clean my teeth every time I take them out

I know when I was growing up in the rural (backwoods hillbilly) south we did not have the dental care avalible. Even the adults usually pulled there own teeth. Between that and malnutrition most of us have lost all or most of our teeth.

The first time I saw a dentist was in the army and by then most of the damage was done

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
No, Canada doesn't have dental care for all citizens. That's health care. Dental, prescriptions, stuff like that, isn't covered, unless you're a Status Indian. Adults can see an eye doctor every two years and it's covered, and under 19 you can go once a year.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
No, Canada doesn't have dental care for all citizens. That's health care. Dental, prescriptions, stuff like that, isn't covered, unless you're a Status Indian. Adults can see an eye doctor every two years and it's covered, and under 19 you can go once a year.

hey thanks for clearing that up for me...guess we are all in the same boat...no good dental care!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just think some people are too lazy to bother. To each their own.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes, My self i dont have good teeth i have been going to the dentist for the last year getting them sorted they still arent better, The reason i didnt brush them i think i was lazy and didnt really motivate my self i only brush them on school days and nights because on weekends i only get to bed like 4 and wake up later after noon and i dont want to be malling with tops and stuff at them times i usually get woke up by friends at the door and i dont want to keep them waiting either but i also do eat alot of chocolate and drink alot of coca-cola

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazardToxic
Yes, My self i dont have good teeth i have been going to the dentist for the last year getting them sorted they still arent better, The reason i didnt brush them i think i was lazy and didnt really motivate my self i only brush them on school days and nights because on weekends i only get to bed like 4 and wake up later after noon and i dont want to be malling with tops and stuff at them times i usually get woke up by friends at the door and i dont want to keep them waiting either but i also do eat alot of chocolate and drink alot of coca-cola

Hate to see your dentist bill!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have not always been fastidious in this regard myself, but I find that those new battery powered toothbrushes you can buy cheap at the drug store etc., are great! Easy to use and do a good job. Some people have difficulty brushing due to small mouth or bridge (bone structure/jaw that hold teeth), and or sensitive gums. Brushing teeth for some people is painful, difficult, time consuming, and least of all very messy. I can understand why some people avoid it. But with these new cheap battery spinbrush things it is a lost less of a problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
For me, the teeth are the most important part of the face, that's why I am still religious to that too.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrange

Originally posted by HazardToxic

Wouldnt really bother me.....I live in England free dental/health care

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
[

Wouldnt really bother me.....I live in England free dental/health care

Nice!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Can't set that precedent and start brushing. Got to show that tooth who's boss.

Actually, I've known people that went years...like all through college. And no caveties! After a while, some freakin protective layer forms. He said it would hurt to brush, and he was probably right.

Ok, so it was actually my girlfriend. No, not really... but animals don't brush. No biggie there.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Although I brush my teeth once daily, I don't take very good care of my teeth. I used to chew on bottle caps, plastic, rip cans open....I can even chew up straight pins! LOL I'm sure I'd start if I ever got a cavity. I've never had one. It would break my heart if I suddenly got one after 35yrs. I guess I have antiseptic saliva.

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Actually, I've known people that went years...like all through college. And no caveties! After a while, some freakin protective layer forms. He said it would hurt to brush, and he was probably right.

I have these teeth that never get cavities, too. So thats why I don't brush my teeth. Dont have bad breath either, so it would be pointless for me to brush my teeth.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsionicGamer

I have these teeth that never get cavities, too. So thats why I don't brush my teeth. Dont have bad breath either, so it would be pointless for me to brush my teeth.

PFFFFT, yuh huh stank breath we believe you. lol

I brush atleast twice a day, and I floss, EVERYONE needs to floss its another cause of ass breath.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Get this...not that I am a bum...but...I don't brush my teeth every day...and my gums and teeth feel great...weird..eh? The main point is...no sugar...and your teeth will be fine. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!...and they took my avatar away...dammit!

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by xenongod]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join