It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snails,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Grrrr Every time is rains loads of little snails come out in the dark and no matter how much i try not to ..i end of treading on them, crushing the poor little things with that horrible little crunch you hear

I wish i could find some way to stop it happening,

I end up feeling like some kind of killer lol, Like wondering if its dead or laying there in pain,

Lol sounds 100% crazy i know lol But pleaseee are there others out there who feel as bad as this lol!!!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ugh snails creep me out. I did some work on the road crew years ago in lieu of jail time and we had to pull weeds. Every once in a while you'd pull a weed with a snail in it, and that horrible crunch would get me every time.

I don't think they feel pain, though. There is an article about invertebrates and pain here.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ahh i hate stepping on them too, i can only imagine what the bottom of my feet taste like...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Swing French and eat them ... yum...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow, I never see snails outside. Even when it rains. They must not live around here. Hell the only time I see a snail is in my fish tank.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just try to not go outside when it rains. Sorry I don't have a better solution, but it's nice that you care what happens to the snails.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I hate when they crawl out of the rain and onto the porch and I step on them, especially when I’m barefoot and can feel it happening.

My mom can’t stand it either. She doesn’t like to harm or kill nature, except mosquitoes. LOL.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
All I see after it rains is load and loads of earthworms crawling around the streets and sidewalks. They sadly don't find their way back into the earth most of the time and end up drying up and dying in the sun.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Try standing on this SOB. What a crunch that would make...

Edit: Hold on this guy has 2 of em'.

Edit again: I do apologise but I saw this and had to post it here...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That is so gross, thanks for that Chuckles!!! I think snails try and make a break for your front door when it rains and then realise that they've got no hands to ring the bell or knock the door with!!! Poor things wait and wait for you to let them in and when the door finally opens, what do they get?? A big foot that desends from the sky and squashes 'em!!! :bash:

[edit on 29-5-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I live in France in the middle of the vinyards. We too have "millions" of the little blighters. Although they don't bother me, try this......

from Gardenweb.com Weblink
Dolomitic Limestome, Hydrated Lime, Bone Meal, Egg Shells - sprinkle a little lime or crushed egg shells around soil areas where snails and slugs live. Most high calcium carbonate products will work. Also a light dusting of lime on plants acts as a fungal control. Egg shells also have the extra benefit of discouraging snails and slugs because of its rough edges.

Have fun "singing in the rain" with no more "crunchy crunchy"!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Snails aren't that bad! I will admit they are strange looking though. I think the secret to not stepping on a snail is to watch where you are going. Around where I live, your more likely to step on an earth worm in the rain than a garden snail anyway.

Tim

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That was gross, I just saw the video with the hugh snails, try to avoid stepping on those.

Oh then the other video with the snail parasite, food for thought right. Gross.

top topics

join