It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Salvation - Inquire Within!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Will you find your way to heaven and the father?

Now is the time to ensure your fate!

Put your faith in Jesus and find your salvation today.

Romans 10:9

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Confess with your mouth and pray this prayer to find your salvation.

"God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."

All glory to God!

[edit on 5/21/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why should I trust Jesus? After all he could be Satan's son for all I know. And those that believe in him could all be decieved..

[edit on 21-5-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good question.

The Pharisees accused him of bing from Satan when he cast out demons. Jesus answered with the following.

Matthew 12:22-29

Jesus and Beelzebub

22Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"

24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub,[d] the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."

25Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

29"Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.

www.biblegateway.com...:22-29;&version=31;

No doubt though, faith is a requirement.

EDIT: we could explore other scripture too. Like Jesus being tempted by Satan in the desert or that he is the fulfillment of scripture...etc.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

ok, logical syllogism

god = jesus

jesus = way to heaven

god = love

jesus = love

love = way to heaven

or, by that same line of reasoning

god = jesus

jesus = way to heaven

god = jealousy (no bs, it's in the bible)

jesus = jealousy

jealousy = way to heaven

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If Jesus is hungry do you think you should be able to find salvation in hunger? lol I mean even for you your post above is a stretch, though your motivation is quite clear. I appreciate your questions though, in most cases it just makes it possible for me to share more of the gospel.

Anyway, you will not find salvation in jealousy, love or hunger.

We believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You must accept Christ to find salvation.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If Jesus is hungry do you think you should be able to find salvation in hunger?

no, but if jesus was HUNGER i would
love is an abstract concept
hungry is a state of being

lol I mean even for you your post above is a stretch, though your motivation is quite clear.

pointing out that you have an insanely narrow view on the issue?

Anyway, you will not find salvation in jealousy, love or hunger.

well, the jealousy bit was just a bit of a stab at how your deity has been described as jealous

for his name is Jealous

... don't have exact citation.

anyway, many sects of christianity teach salvation through love (works) on top of through jesus, it's just YOUR interpretation.

We believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

why is it that 2 of your 3 gods don't show up until the last third of your holy book?

You must accept Christ to find salvation.

then, if you're right, i'll be off in hell with the cool people like gandhi and einstein who didn't

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
lol madnessinmysoul, you try so hard.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wish I knew what you know Kinglizard. I really need that type of knowledge right now.

I have a hard time dealing with depression and it's hitting me real hard right now.

I'm gonna try too learn more. It's my only hope.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Have you been saved yet MrMysticism?

I will pray for your peace friend.

I would suggest you start reading the New Testament starting with Matthew and then John. Just open your spirit and soul to it. I'm not saying Christianity will solve all earthly problems instantly but the more you walk in faith the more you will receive. Being saved is assurance for the next life rather than a cure for this life though it can act as one.

The Bible can really open your eyes to some of the poison you may be consuming. It teaches you how to deal with stress, anger, jellousy and forgiveness. It teaches you to live in a way that God designed you to live. He created you and has a plan for you.

Depression and worrying go hand in hand in a lot of cases.

Matthew 6:25-34

Do Not Worry

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Proverbs 12:25

Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have been a follower for many years and read the new testiment many times. It's easy for someone like you who only worries about paying bills. Not that I'm saying that is not stressfull, but I'd rather have bills and skip a few months than to be homeless and so poor you can't seek help for anything. The way the system is set up, they don't give you enough money to look for work or do anything. $140.00 a month. That pays for nothing!

Wait, this is not a whoa is me thread. I'll shut up. I just get so confused when I hear people talk about biblical times. The names and wording is so confusing. Sometimes I think I need a book that explaines it for kids. The simplest way possible.

It's all so overwhemling!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
It's easy for someone like you who only worries about paying bills. Not that I'm saying that is not stressfull

The text I quoted applies to more than just bills and clothes, it's saying to walk in faith today and don't stress about things of this world. Worrying will not solve anything but faith will feed you forever. Don't worry about things God promises to supply.

As for a Bible.....

I recommend a Zondervan study Bible.

This is the one I own.

NIV Life Application Study Bible

Synopsis:

The Life Application Bible was created for the reader who wants to answer the Question, “What does God’s Word mean for my life today?” This edition is full of features that will help you understand the timeless lessons of the Bible, including application notes, character studies, maps and charts, detailed book introductions, and more. The Life Application Study Bible is a rich resource to help you live out your faith in practical ways.

Description:

One of today’s best-selling study Bibles—the NIV Life Application Study Bible—has been updated and expanded. The newly revised edition includes over 300 brand new Life Application notes, 350 note revisions, 16 new personality profiles, updated charts, and a Christian Worker’s Resource make this study Bible even better.

Anyway Zondervan is widly considered the best Bible available. It has all Jesus words in red and they explain and cross reference every verse in the bible. It has maps so you get a good idea of the land...and many other features.

The NIV version is easy to follow and considered the most accurate translation. It would serve you well.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cool! I like to read,"Daily Bread" That is pretty easy to understand also.

I'll check out NIV. Is that link an online version? I need something better to do online, other than cracking sites. (I won't explain) I'm tired of everyone online trying to set me up because I'm doing that.

I've been homless using the library internet for five years now. I just try to find something different to do each year. Maybe this NIV will be enough of a challenge that it will keep me busy.

Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
kinglizard, just curiouswhen were you baptized?
I was baptized at age 12 last year

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
I'll check out NIV. Is that link an online version?

No it's to the store link but...

Try this:

www.biblegateway.com...

It's an audio version of the Bible read by Max McLean. It's powerful and easy to understand. I purchased this recording (NT) and listen to it often. I have it on my iPod so it goes everywhere with me.

You should start with the Matthew in the New Testament....then go to John.

hope this helps.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thanks!

Maybe I'll be lucky and find an online version because I can't afford to buy anything.

Later.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The link I gave above is free to listen to, try it, click the link.

If you don't like to listen here is a text version:

www.biblegateway.com...

and...

here is a free bible study software program:

www.e-sword.net...

But again I recommend you listen to this first:

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh god we have enough stupid conversion threads. Its the same crap always.

Every single religion thinks their religion is the right one, there are thousands of different religions. Just realize that, yours is probably not the right one. In fact for all we know they are all just hokey. In a thousand years most people might be Raelians or something, the cycle just keeps going.

But its Christians (not all Christians) the most that tick me off in this subject, going around acting arrogant and high and mighty.

For instance I like Jews because they don't try and convert you and in general they don't care too much what you believe.

But yeah...seriously I've heard enough of this.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
But yeah...seriously I've heard enough of this.

The quickest way for you to remedy YOUR problem is to NOT click on the threads in question. You see this is a discussion board where peple write comments and opinions rather that speaking them. This gives people a choice to read or not read. In your case it seems you like to punnish yourself by cilicking on all the little threads you don't like. But that's not all....you then read said thread and complain that you are reading said thread. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Hope this helps your current situation.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

lol madnessinmysoul, you try so hard.

well, fighting ignorance requires effort. what you're perpetuating here is one narrow-minded view of the christian doctrine that excludes some of the greatest examples of human kindness from salvation and thus banishes them to eternal suffering.

so kl, tell me: why should gandhi go to hell when a serial killer who completely accepts your doctrine, 100% legit, gets to go to heaven after repenting and accepting jesus?

EDIT TO ADD

The quickest way for you to remedy YOUR problem is to NOT click on the threads in question.

or people could stop trying to convert others to their openly bigoted beliefs in one of the most intolerable characters of literature

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

-dawkins

if you look in the bible IT'S ALL THERE.

You see this is a discussion board where peple write comments and opinions rather that speaking them. This gives people a choice to read or not read.

and sometimes you need to speak up when you see threads that are crap.

But that's not all....you then read said thread and complain that you are reading said thread. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

i'm pretty sure it's your personal problem. the complaint was about people attempting to convert others, like you.

i must be honest with you, this thread is the ultimate in arrogance.

[edit on 5/21/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I absolutely love this verse: (though I do wish people could be saved by works alone)

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join