It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots at Drive Throughs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Man, people at drive throughs. I Can't stand it when the guy infront of you orders his food than doesn't pull all the way forward. So now you have to sit there and wait for them to pull up another 3 feet so that you can order your food even though their aloof ass has a good car length they could pull forward. I also hate people who do this at freeway onramps during rush hour traffic,intersections, and dumb asses that never figured out societies rules for making a left turn or what to do once you pull into the left turn lane.

Then the same person finally pulls forward and then sits at the window for 15 minutes. You're thinking to yourself. What the hell did you order? It's just you in the car, it's 11:30 at night and I can tell your not a mother with kids, why did they just hand you 5 bags of food?

Then they send their food back and you have to wait another 5 minutes while they make them a new burger. You're going to MCDonalds not Spagos it's not gourmet custom designer food, don't get everything on your burger but the burger and go all fancy. Save that for denny's or some other classy sitdown place.

Also on a tangent, what gives with the only 3 useless packets of ketchup when you ask at the drive through. Like I can do anything with 3 ketchup packets. and when you ask for more they give you a curt...it's in the bag. F you I know that genius I want a usefull amount of ketchup. And how come the hot sauce is never hot?

Then they finally are happy with their food and try to leave the drive through but they can never figure out how to make a turn out of the driveway without the whole world holding their hands. you've already waited to pay and to get your own food and they are still sitting there confused as on how to make a right turn out of the parking lot by the time you your self are ready to leave.

Finally you pull out rip around them to finally get away from this putz and give them the "you incompetant moron" scowl as you pass, and they are like "what i'd do?" Are you that aloof, that into your own world that you don't realize that one you suck at driving if you can't navigate a drive through and shouldn't be allowed a license and that there are other people around and when out in public you have to be somewhat thoughtful to every one else who shares this planet with you? Stupid drivethrough trawler. Go rent a golf cart and cruise a gated community somewhere if you want to live in your own little world and drive everyone else crazy with your frustrating,counter inuitive, and nonsensicle, meandering, aimless, incompetant driving
AM I just a little too stressed out with drive throughs and idiot drivers or do other people get pissed about this stuff too? Just curious to see if I'm loosing my mind or not about this.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You are not alone. *hugs*

It's not just the drive-thrus though. But that's as good a place as any to look at how the intelligence quotient of people is declining.

One night I was sitting with my kids in line at Church's Chicken. We were the third car. The SUV at the window was taking FOREVER to move. Then I noticed the driver was talking to her "homegirl" at the window. After about fifteen minutes of this nonsense, with kids crying in the back seat because it's bedtime and they're tired, the SUV driver cranked up her stereo and the two homegirls started dancing.

Meanwhile, the guy in front of me is honking his horn. There are now five cars behind me so I can't back out and go home.

Eventually SUV girl left. The guy in the next car drove up to the window, yelled at the clerk, and drove off without purchasing or taking his food.

I was hungry so I got my chicken. But I glowered while I ate it all the way home.

Yeah, drive-thrus suck. But is it the drive thru itself, or is it the people that use them? Or is it just Americans in general?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm European and never witnessed that kind of stuff at drive through's, although I admit I havn't been at a fast food since like a year. We do have our share of idiots that don't indicate their turns at round abouts and the idiots that drive 1cm from your back bumper if your not 20km/h over the limit.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don't mind if people turn without using their signals as long as they don't comprimise any other drivers. Infact if you have the skills and don't comprimise other human life weather it be physically (obvious), psycologically (scaring the hell out of people walking their dogs old people who can't cross streets fast enough) or audialy (chirping, peeling out etc)

hell I've got my share of driving record violations including a 1,500 fine for speeding. yes I was going very fast, no they didn't tow my car, they should have. so I'm not going to get on people for that. But yeah the a-holes who ride 20cm off your bumper are a real pain here in LA too. Although if your going 48 in a passing lane on the highway and the people right next to the passing lane are all going 75 than you need to step on it and drive 75 like everyone else. Sorry it's called keeping the flow of traffic. Anything less, even 65 is dangerous if you are the one rock obstructing in the flow of the river.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You'd really hate me then.
A friend and i often walk through the drive through at Macca's (because we dont drink and drive) in the early hours.

Should see some of the looks we get. Its actually a lot quicker when their busy inside. We havent been refused service yet.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You would be here. They have signs up that they do not serve walk up customers. I'm sure it has something to do with not being able to get a license plate in case of robbery or scam artists or something.

You Aussies are too trusting, LOL.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I don't mind if people turn without using their signals as long as they don't comprimise any other drivers. Infact if you have the skills and don't comprimise other human life weather it be physically (obvious), psycologically (scaring the hell out of people walking their dogs old people who can't cross streets fast enough) or audialy (chirping, peeling out etc)

It is dangerous because there are idiots who drive as if they were about to leave the roundabout, yet as you engage yourself they turn and continue torwards you without indicating any of their movements.

Although if your going 48 in a passing lane on the highway and the people right next to the passing lane are all going 75 than you need to step on it and drive 75 like everyone else. Sorry it's called keeping the flow of traffic. Anything less, even 65 is dangerous if you are the one rock obstructing in the flow of the river.

Agreed, however I'm talking about times you would be at 75 in that case, and there would be a convoy of idiots all aggregated 2cm from each other behind you. If you weren't there some would probably end up in a ditch.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ahh, I understand what your saying darkside. However there are few roundabouts in the US more on the east coast but none that I know or can think of around me, so I don't have that problem, but given the scenerio you've mentioned I could see how turning without a signal would flip out the other driver in a roundabout. The guy would be coming right for you.

Generally if I'm going 75 and I have a few cars behind me rding my butt cause even thats not fast enough i just pull over to the next lane and let them pass.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hey Mojo. I watched a bunch of drunk kids walking back from a concert the other day walk the drive through line at In n Out. They were told to go around and head inside. Some places have walk up service but it's really the same as like at a taco stand or something not any more expedient. I do get jelouse of how much faster they churn out the food for the drive through people when I'm stuck inside at the counter ordering food.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
ahh, I understand what your saying darkside. However there are few roundabouts in the US more on the east coast but none that I know or can think of around me, so I don't have that problem, but given the scenerio you've mentioned I could see how turning without a signal would flip out the other driver in a roundabout. The guy would be coming right for you.

Generally if I'm going 75 and I have a few cars behind me rding my butt cause even thats not fast enough i just pull over to the next lane and let them pass.

Here roundabouts are very common, 99% of motorways have only 3 lanes, most city streets have only 1 lane or 2 in the big avenues. Inter town/city roads usually have only 1 lane too

I forgout about the ultra wide roads you have with 10 lanes and huge junctions

SR

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
You'd really hate me then.
A friend and i often walk through the drive through at Macca's (because we dont drink and drive) in the early hours.

Should see some of the looks we get. Its actually a lot quicker when their busy inside. We havent been refused service yet.

Dude i do the exact same thing and like sometimes i do it with my bike and they think i'm taking the p*ss out of them but i just give them the money and get served some of the people laugh and sometimes the manager will come to the window and will tell me to not be stupid etc. It's doesn't specfically state that the drive thru is for cars only that's just the general assumption of the public

If i want my food in a hurry i'm sure as hell going to keep using instead of leaving my bike outside and come back to find it's stolen

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Me: Ummm, yeah just charge me somewhere between $15 and $20, jam some random stuff in a bag and I'll pick it up at the window.

Drive Thru Speaker: Sir? We can't do that.

Me: When did that policy change? Because that's exactly what's happened every time I've ever been here.

I HATE the drive thru. It always takes longer and the order is invariably wrong, especially when it's for 4 people. Sometimes circumstances being what they are, a fast food dinner is occasionally the most expedient and most viable option. But I go inside to the counter to order the majority of the time.

Then again, I hate a lot of stuff.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I completely agree

Bad driver edicate, or bad drive through edicate really, really
me off. You just have to realize that some people just weren't raised with good manners. Its a reflection on their parents.

What I really love is when you ask for just one thing and nothing else it get
ed up. Like I like burgers with mayo only, nothing else sometimes. I tell them mayo only, no veggies,etc. I get my burger it has extra onions, pickles, and no mayo.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

hahaha well the area i lived in it would freak us out when people did that. it was mostly crackheads asking for cups of whip cream..which we didnt give to them hell no! we'd always refuse service to those junkies..looks bad on the company i guess.haha corporate ass starbucks

I know what you all mean! I used to work at a starbucks drive thru...you get to meet some of the dumbest people alive! Sometimes yeah it's hard to hear through the speaker but that why we would repeat the order and what do u know some people get mad saying YEAH THAT IS WHAT I ORDERED OKAY!?? like what the hell i was just tryung to make sure it was correct biatch! so we would mess up their order on purpose in hopes they wouldnt come back (im still getting payed i dont care if u cont come back or not) anyway it made me realize just how STUPID people are ..i trip out i mean they are acting this way about coffee imagine how they act over "real life" situations???? I especially hated the people who "forgot" to order at the speaker and just drive up to the window thinking it will be faster or something i dont know but how does one forget to order at a speaker it clearly says ORDER HERE and we clearly say HI WELCOME TO STARBUCKS WHAT CAN I GET FOR YOU? ughh hahah good post

[edit on 22-5-2007 by TheBadge]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Royal, I know what you mean.

For instance everytime I ask for Extra onions on my burger I get NO onions. WTF. No mayo doesn't mean no spread. So if I ask for no mayo I get a patty, a bun, and maybe a dehydrated pickle slice thrown it for color and probably fiber.

This one place I go to always does that. And I always order it the same every time. This same place then has the drive through lady babble to me about her bad back, and her stubbed toe. for a few minutes. The lady is 55! why do you have her working the drivethrough lane? you cruel shift managers!

Ever notice all drivethroughs have something they skimp on to save money. McDonalads it's Ketchup, Carls Jr it's Fries, In N Out it's napkins, BK it's ...all of burger king is nasty sorry. Hell all the above places are nasty except In N Out. Man I wish the people on the east coast could enjoy In N Out. But In N Out is the worst offender of the long line. Expect an average of 15 to 20 minutes at the drive through. Mc Donnalds at 3 AM is too long of a wait too. They need to fix that before the guy infront of me in line at the drive through drives me insane.

Legally I think bicycles are vehicles and drivethroughs should be able to take them with out complaint. I know that all the same laws for cars apply to bicycles. WHich means no riding one on sidewalks or through crosswalks. Also I feel that if the vehicle weather it be a bike or not must have to be capable of travelling the same speed as the flow of traffic. So stay off the 45 mile an hour thuroughfares if you are going to ride the bike in the center lane going 12 mph. Seen people do this. I don't get it. Also, don't rip your bicycle down the cross walk coming off the sidewalks right next to freeway on and off ramps. I've almost taken a few of them out just I can't see them. So please for your own safety don't fly off the curb on your bicycle.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm with you 100%. Also, I enjoy loud music. Metal and rap are my favourites. But I implore you to turn it off/down at the drive through.

Shortly, I will be making a post about people parking... The way some people pull in makes me wish their dad had pulled out. When a spot is plenty wide, and their mirrors are hanging over the line.

new topics

top topics

join