It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Conspiracy: American Hegemony (ATS Newsletter Special)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm still unsure as to who is subserviant to who in the UK Empire - US Empire relationship. I haven't taken the time to research it, as first people have to come to understand the most core truth about US. How self-aware can an entity be if it doens't even understand core truths about itself?

I would say Empire is subserviant to neither of the two countries. Imperialism is an extention of unregulated capitalism, and capitalism holds no allegence to any country.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Interesting that people will take such a facile view, or "overview" and declare it to be truth. There are many more actions, plans, mysterious, and sometimes, nefarious ongoings involved than such a simplistic view can even begin to endeavour to cover.

Personally, if American Hegemony it be, than I still think that in many ways it is a damn site better than say, an Al Quiada, Palestinian, Iranian, North Korean, or Israeli Hegemony.

It is very easy to sit back in the comfort of you den/living room/wherever you access your keyboard, and make such sage pronouncements as the previous two posts. It is quite another to be out there in the world and see the most obvious alternatives.

No, America isn't perfect. No, we aren't always just. And often, we aren't even close to right, but to be so able to denounce a lifestyle, a culture, a country that allows you to even think of putting these types of pronouncements to electronic post, so easily, leads me to believe that there hasn't been a whole lot of thought put into this, what I perceive to be, negative posting with questionable linkage of authoritative reference.

Try putting all this together, posting it on a thread in North Korea, or China, Iran, in which you denounce a government, and a lifestyle ... Let's see what happens.

Regarding people controlling wealth....

What would you have them do? Give it all away and distribute it equally?
I think there is plenty of proof that a majority of people don't have the capability of handling money. Look, for instance, at all the mega-millions lottery winners, and how many of them end up broke. Look at the people who made fortunes in the tech-boom of the eighties - nineties... Lots of 'em ended up broke. There is, or perhaps are, a lot more to handling and controlling money than just having it. I daresay even if, somehow, there were a sudden redistribution of all the money in all the world, equally, to everybody, that the same folks would eventually end up with the lion's share of all the money yet again. There are distinct differences between the haves and the have-nots. And it always interests me that one of the first negative things that is pointed out is the huge divergence of funding between the top of the ladder and the bottom. When that is nobodies fault except the people who don't have any, but want what the rich folk have without the work, strategizing, and dedication that it takes to get and retain it.

No offense intended, but it seems to me that you mighta', shoulda', perhpas thought twice before hitting that old enter button.

But what do I know? I liked Ronald Reagan, and think Dennis Miller is very cool.

ARE YOU #ING SERIOUS RONALD REAGAN IS THE REASON THE DRUG WAR STARTED AND WE HAVE BEEN IN THAT VIRTUAL WAR FOR WHAT 20YRS, AMERICA IS ABOUT CONTINUOUS WARS WHETHER THERE ARE ANY LEGITIMACY TO THEM OR NOT, SECOND THING IS WE ARE INDOTRINATED INTO THE BELLY OF THE BEAST THE MINUTE WE ARE BORN, WE ARE PRIVILEGED BUT ONLY BY THE DEVILS ORDER, D.C. IS IN THE SHAPE OF SEVERAL MASON SYMBOLS, THE OBELISK IN WASHINGTON MONUMENT, THE SYMBOLS ON THE U.S. CURRENCY. WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL FOR WHICH WE ARE SO PRIVILEGED AND ALL WE DO IS SPREAD OUR BABYLONIAN ABOMINATIONS(SEX, DRUGS AND VIOLENCE) THROUGH OUR MEDIA OUTLETS WHETHER IT BE T.V. OR CINEMA.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Did you not notice 'Daddy Bush' in the Reagan years? I guess you like 'Palin' too? As I am not an American, but have been, and am affected by American 'foreign policy' and their hypocrisy, I dislike America intensely. Just in case you think I am a terrorist, I am an old lady of 62 living in Africa. Do you know where that is? Just for information, it is the country where terrorists are called 'freedom fighters' and they become the new government!!! Bye bye Rhodesia, hello Zimbabwe..thank you Henry Kissenger!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
-bump-

IIB's threads deserve another look.
It's been too long.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thank you. It has been....

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
SO OP why do you think we are still armed?
CALM for now but better armed than I was on any patrol.
If you can AIM semi autos are just fine.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well jeez, maybe because the US still holds the gun to the head of the world?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So good.
Very well stated on all accounts.
Pointing out the occulted obvious has
never been written more concisely
and more intelligently than what
IgnoranceIsntBlisss has laid out in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join