It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to God's Wife?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Like any good woman

She is not seen nor heard.

Sorry I just couldn't help that one. I know I'm targeted for female ravings now.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR

Very true and well said i think it cuts to the real issue at the heart of alot of debates i've seen on ATS,BTS. I'd give you the star thing if i could

Thanks.

I think a lot of these 'debates' on ATS are started just to have an argument, and nobody wants to know the other side's opinion. They just want to 'have a go'. I had a friend like that, he just liked starting arguments!

[edit on 23/5/07 by jimboman]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hi MMF

the Essene beliefs have a Mother and Father.

The Morning Communions

The Earthly Mother - Saturday Morning. The purpose of this Communion is to establish unity between man's physical organism and the nutritive forces of the earth.

The Angel of Earth - Sunday Morning. The purpose of the Communion was to transform the generative powers in life into the regeneration of the human body.

The Angel Of Life - Monday Morning. This Communion was dedicated to the life, health and vitality of the human organism and that of the whole planet and brought about a dynamic unity between them.

The Angel of Joy - Tuesday Morning. All forms of beauty were joyously contemplated in this Communion in order to make man conscious of the beauties of nature and the joy within himself in every part of his being.

The Angel of the Sun - Wednesday Morning. The purpose of this Communion was to become receptive to the solar energies and establish a perfect unity between the self and the sun and distribute its power throughout the body.

The Angel of Water - Thursday Morning. In this Communion all forms of water were contemplated, rivers, creeks, rain, the sap in trees and plants and so on, establishing as a living reality the unity between the waters of the body and the waters of the planet.

The Angel of Air - Friday Morning. The purpose of this Communion was to make man conscious of the dynamic unity between air and life and that respiration is the link between the organism and the cosmos.

www.thenazareneway.com...

Hear me, Sons of Light, for I will impart to you the gift of tongues, that by speaking to your Earthly Mother in the morning, and to your Heavenly Father in the evening, you may go closer and closer to oneness with the kingdoms of earth and heaven, that oneness for which the Son of Man is destined from the beginning of the times.
~Essene Gospel of Peace

For me, this is logical... how can you have a 'Son of God' without a Mother?

Just thought I would throw this in for you to look at. There is a better quote but can't find it now... so this will have to do...

peace

oh found it...

From the first covenant, Yahweh presented an image of a harsh, daunting God. His character almost demanded the birth of an entity like Shekhina. Also, He could not be seen by human eyes, and only a few prophets heard His voice. Yet almost every religion shows that human nature seeks intimacy with a deity.

The manifestation of a loving maternal entity, ready to defend her people even from God Himself, brings a feeling of comfort that a paternal, invisible entity like Yahweh cannot bestow upon His worshipers. Shekhina represented compassion in its purest form, and despite being, officially, the female side of God, she was visible and audible as a feminine entity in her own right.

A beautiful being of light, whose most important function was to intercede with God on behalf of her children. Such an entity had to come into being to soften the harshness of the original Judaism.

But how did such a complex entity develop? It started with the changing of God's dwelling. During Biblical times, people assumed God dwelled in the clouds. When the Israelites built the desert Tabernacle, and later, Solomon's Temple, Yahweh descended in a cloud and dwelt there.

The word Shekhina, in Hebrew, is derived from the Biblical verb shakhan, meaning "the act of dwelling" but taking the feminine form. Therefore, at the beginning of the Talmudic era, the word Shekhina meant the earthly aspect of God that dwelt among people and could be apprehended by the senses.

For example, one Talmudic verse said: "Let them make Me a sanctuary that I may dwell (ve'shakhanti) among them." However, in a later version, the translation said "Let them make Me a Sanctuary so that My Shekhina will dwell among them." In other words, a separate entity.

Slowly, the manifested entity became stronger. A complete distinction appears in a Talmudic quotation from the end of the 1st century BCE: "...while the Children of Israel were still in Egypt, the Holy One, blessed be He, stipulated that He would liberate them from Egypt only in order that they built him a Sanctuary so that He can let His Shekhina dwell among them...As soon as the Tabernacle was erected, the Shekhina descended and dwelt among them."

lol as I quoted this, this isn't the excerpt I really wanted to include but it will have to do, there is other info on the links.

oh here is an excerpt I do like and it does mention the Caanite woman you refer to:

Like any good mother, she could punish too. When she behaved violently, her character came closer to her powerful aspect of the great Asherah, Yahweh's Canaanite Consort. She descended to Earth to punish Adam, Eve, and the Serpent when they sinned at the Garden of Eden. She confused the builders of the Tower of Babel. She drowned the Egyptians at the Red Sea crossing during Exodus. When needed, she even killed righteous people. Since the beginning of time, six people -- Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, and Miriam -- could not be taken by the Angel of Death because of their perfect purity. Someone had to bring their souls to Heaven, and only Shekhina could do that. By kissing them, she released their souls from bondage to this world.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by NJE777]

[edit on 24-5-2007 by NJE777]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Very interesting, thank you. I think that God's Wife (by any name) has been supplanted and replaced now (at least for the Catholics) by Mary Mother of God. Even if Yahweh doesn't want a wife, a whole lotta people think the religion needs the feminine touch.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Even if Yahweh doesn't want a wife, a whole lotta people think the religion needs the feminine touch.

The manifestation of a loving maternal entity, ready to defend her people even from God Himself, brings a feeling of comfort that a paternal, invisible entity like Yahweh cannot bestow upon His worshipers.

ref aboven

Hi again, yes I agree and did chuckle at your above comment.
'defending her people against God himself'...and when you look at the kind of jealousy and wrath in the Bible, it is just as well. It is unfortunate that women are depicted so second class in the Bible. It is one of the things I had a real problem with. So, when I came across the Essene beliefs, I was quite relieved.

The lack of a Mother counterpart is quite simply another example of how the Bible has been corrupted by Man. I used to say to my girlfriends 'God made the glass ceiling' lol but I don't feel that now.

Anyway, great post.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are many gaps in the Bible, as the technology exists today to deconstruct the writings, verify through examination the dead sea / nag hamadi scrolls, forensic research of the writing styles themselves...i think we will begin to realize the truth is not what has been presented to us the last 2 thousand years.

Corrupt men hijacked Philosophies and inserted a system to overrule and crush the truth. We have been living a lie ever since.
If god is a single entity, why form us, and nearly all of Nature, as male and female? there is no sense to this unless god is also male and female.
Ashtoreth and Ishtar are ancient names for the mystery religions, but they are based on far earlier beliefs that Women and Men shared equal standing in the Universe.

it is weak and frightened men that turned this system upside down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join