It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzundastood teens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Kids these days have MUCH better drugs than we had growing up. It's almost impossible to get a beer underage, and so easy to to get multiple doses of GHB. I'd be pissed too.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What is it with people abandoing the spirit of the ages, rick james said it first, that girls a superfreak, whats wrong with it? Girls with their high minded ideals today, always critiquing the super freaks, just jealous I guess.

Heres to you mizzunderstood SUPERFREAK.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I'm 15 and am one of the good ones. that doesn't mean I'm a teachers pet, I'm just not one of those rebel types. Most of the kids at my HS that act like dumbasses do all that crazy stuff just because their friends are doing it. Hell, if they weren't friends with the friends they are friends with, they'd be good kids. Especially Skaters. they think you have to be a punk, ignore/torment teachers, dress all raggedy. It's just an image thing really. but most kids aren't that bad actually. Older generation people are just jealous of how we run things nowadays.
But i am tired of people judging all teens, just because they know 1 or 2 stupid teens that like to cause trouble. And they only do it A: because they think it will make them friends or B: they got family issues, or some other kind of issue that makes them have to be mean and rude to make themselves feel better. ( Some of this may not have made sense, but it's late and I'm tired )

one of the good ones?
hahahhaa! sorry, i laugh at this, because "one of the good ones" usually means one who will grow up to work a 9-5 job, retire, and never really live. you dont rebel against anything? is this because you are content? you know, being content is just giving up trying. later on. signing off

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
There are way too many idiots & townies around here (in clevedon) there aren't enough decent kids around, at least i don't go around attacking everythin I see.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Actually, it goes both ways for teens presently. They know more, but know less.

Teens think they are informed and can make all the best decissions because they think they know what's going on. When in reality, they don't know # about # and are driven by hormones.

There are exceptions though. But as you get older, you think differently. That's why most of us look back on our teen years and say, "What the hell was I thinking..."

Teens nowadays are driven nuts by parents that don't really parent, they intrude. So yeah, teens have it harder today, but they are still teens that have A LOT to learn about life, regardless of how much they think they know...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
unfortunately in this day in age, with both parents working all sorts of madd hours, kids have to fend for themselves more than ever without having much for parental role models in thier life. it is also a much more difficult age to live in, especially when your a kid and have to deal with things on your own. unfortunately i dont see things getting any better either. as the ultimate result, kids are growing up way too fast on thier own without any sort of guidence.

as far as disrespect for authority goes. while it can be a good thing that kids are more aware of how corrupt the system is, with the way most kids are growing up, they stand no chance of winning the fight against the system.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by mutehalo]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
GROW UP!

Teens have always grown up in different times and different era's. One thing teens need to understand
is US older folks been there done that got a Tee-shirt. We were also teens. We speak from experience. Back in the day 50's and before things where more moral based where as MTV, cable reality shows , DJ's anD just lewd behavior is more on the rise now than back then.

SO WE SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sounds like something my mom would say. But them adults weren't around ecstacy for one thing. I've never tried it myself, but I've heard it's nothing to mess with.....and to NEVER HAVE SEX WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THE DRUG is what they've told me. Why? Because it's so great that afterwords you'll always want to be on X when making love.

I'm guessing that teens this day and age have much easier access to drugs then apose to teens in the 60s or early 80s. There is always new things coming to the market. People are always thinking about new ways to get fried off something. For example. Bake banana peels inside an oven for half an hour. Afterwords eat a small portion of the inside of the peel and it'll feel like your on shrooms. A buddy of mine told me about this....he said he wasn't completely accurate with it. He did say the source of this recipe came from the Antarchist's Cookbook.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm turning 20 this summer, so I'm in that transition period between teenager and adult. I'm already sensing the change in my mindset as I look at society. I look at teenagers (we'll say 13-17) and cringe, for the most part. When I look around my local mall I'm bombarded with kids who think they are so friggin cool in their raggedy (or trendy) clothes, disrespecting athourity every chance they get, smoking cigarettes outside at age 11 or 12, and just hanging about being hoodlums.

I think I'm justified in my view, and my use of the word hoodlum, because I was there not too long ago. I used to be big into the hip-hop culture (I'm white) and mostly breakdancing. Now, I don't see anything wrong with bboying and expressing yourself through dancing; but sometimes the kids I hung around with were little punks. We'd dance at the mall and get kicked out, etc, etc, etc. Even though I did my fair share of being influenced by the hip hop culture, which most people see is being somehow evil, I turned out just fine.

On the other hand we have the kids who I described earlier. Kids who think they're so damn cool because they can smoke when they're 11, dress like hussies at age 13, or go around acting all foolish and disrespecting humanity. For example I'll use this group of kids, one of whom was wearing a Winnie the Pooh outfit and going around acting all "J.a.c.k-a.s.s" to people. Falling down infront of them, going up and harassing people including my girlfriend and I, whilst getting it all on tape and laughing like they were badass. I find no humor in that; and I wouldn't have at their age either. I don't see why kids think being disrespectful equals being cool.

That all said, I truly believe that most of my generation of teenagers will grow up to be good parents. For the most part, all of the other 19-21 y/os I know agree with me that most teenagers today are jackasses. I know that when I have kids, I will try to raise them the same way my parents raised me; and hopefully not let them end up being the way that I see many teenagers today. I think that a lot of parents today don't spend enough time raising their kids correctly, but I think the parents of tomorrow will see the affect that has on society and will try to reverse the process.

Who knows, I could just be blabbing on about nothing. But my point is: as bad as kids are getting today, I think the generation of teenagers turning into adults right now won't stand for that kind of behavior in their kids. They'll know everything their (and other) parents did right/wrong, and try to make sure they raise their kids correctly. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
You ever heard of Indigo and/or Crystal children?
They are suppossed to bring a change into the world with their different thinking and a screw-authority attitude.

Ya I know what you're talking about, I was over at my girlfriends house while her ant and her 6 year old son was over she called her son an Indigo while he ran around the house knocking over bottles of glider and eating it. And yes a very screw-authority attitude if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The's a prediction that our society had reached its peak and the next step of evolution would be people becomeing over-social. Of cource, they would communicate, etc, etc, but they would be wise enough to not need a society limiting them. They would be like stand-alone personalities, rather then pieces of the grey mass.

As for teens, probably they subconsciously feel that they were born to be over-social, they see all the idiotism of the society and want to be above it. Yet no one could tell them how to truly get onto the over-social level... so they just start acting like listening to all the gangster pop-hop [c]rap.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You have to be old to criticize the elders, that's my standpoint.

And I am 22 years old.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Kids with a... wider veiw at the world, so to say, plus , some ancient wisom and you'll get a new step in evolution.

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Cultural revolution!

www.experiencefestival.com...

The Wisdom Archive for Indigo Children

Indigo Children

In the spiritual community, there are many who anticipate the Emergence of a Golden Age to come. An important part of this awakening that is occuring is the coming of Children with an awakened Consciousness. These childrens have been called the Indigo children.

Are the Indigo children, (variously called the Indigo children, Crystal Children, the Children of Oz) the ones who will launch humanity into a new era of consciousness, laying the groundwork for the emergence of a Golden Age?

"The Indigo Child is a boy or girl who displays a new and unusual set of psychological attributes, revealing a pattern of behavior generally undocumented before. This pattern has singularly unique factors that call for parents and teachers to change their treatment and upbringing of these kids to assist them in achieving balance and harmony in their lives, and to help them avoid frustration."

Lee Carroll & Jan Tober

In an epic poem, Savitri, the late master Sri Aurobindo of India vividly describes a coming new race of humanity emerging on Earth. Was he reffering to the Indigo Childrens?

"�I saw them cross the twilight of an age, The sun-eyed children of a marvelous dawn, Great creators with wide brows of calm, The massive barrier-breakers of the world, Laborers in the quarries of the gods� The architects of immortality."

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
By the way...

Reading the article over here...

...I saw them cross the twilight of an age,

The sun-eyed children of a marvelous dawn,

Great creators with wide brows of calm,

The massive barrier-breakers of the 2012,

Laborers in the quarries of the gods�

The architects of immortality.

Into the fallen human sphere they came,

Faces that wore the Immortal�s glory still�

Bodies made beautiful by the spirit�s light�

Carrying the Dionysian cup of joy,

Lips chanting an unknown anthem of the soul,

Feet echoing in the corridors of Time.

High priests of wisdom, sweetness, might, and bliss;

Discoverers of beauty�s sunlit ways�

Their tread one day shall change the suffering earth

And justify the light on Nature�s face

Note that it also saying about the year 2012.

And "Carrying the Dionysian cup of joy", what could it mean?

Dionys, as we know what the god of wine, so what could be in his cup? Correct, wine.

If you have read Omar Khayyam and other Sufies, you'll probably know that they used a code to hide their knowlege, wisdom in terms of everyday people, so that they would pass this books on and on, untill they reach those, who can really read and understand them. In this code "wine" means "wisdom".

So what do we have? Is that this kids would be brining wisdom to "normal" people.

EDIT:

Another article I found
www.healingwaterssacredsprings.com...

maybe might sound a bit vassalom-aleikum, but mostly interesting.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by bratok]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Who knows, I could just be blabbing on about nothing. But my point is: as bad as kids are getting today, I think the generation of teenagers turning into adults right now won't stand for that kind of behavior in their kids. They'll know everything their (and other) parents did right/wrong, and try to make sure they raise their kids correctly. This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

this is a great point, when you come to a harsh and sobering reality that your parents did in fact fail you then your outlook on life changes drastically. i got my feet wet in every type of sterotypical social path prevelant in my imidiate area, coming into contact from folk of every cultural background i can tell you that people are in general careless to the world. poorly crafted upbriging and apathetic attitudes from our adults molded a generation of @#$% ups. pop culture and neglagent media also contributed to the grave distortion of our up and coming generation. not to say all hope is lost, well wait mabye it is... its hard to watch your peers struggling so pathetically to actually form coherent relationships with one another, jive turkeys reiterate ideals and success faids into oblivion while the party is bangin! good times have merit for fun while distorted views have no comprehension of life and reality. we are in a sad state of distortion, one our parents so arrogently crafted and apathetically disregarded for their own sake of self worth. they do not understand what it means to live and never will, for their perceived world is the candy land you and i have grown to dispise. that is of course if you have managed to see past the big ol hoohaa of the bangin party in the club, pocket full a bub dub a dub dub yeah wicka wicka spin dat ish, dont be jackin my grill. i am 20 years old and have lived more to this day then my parents have in their 50 years. i reckon our world could use a little fixin

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hate being a teenager and worried about the furture. Doesn't get much worse then that.. In a constant wave of hopelessness. Not fun.

I'm 18, wear my hat backwards.. (I guess i'm a punk in the eyes of the "mature") My friend wears a hood quite a bit.. Yup hes definently a punk now. AND wait! My OTHER friend has long hair.. He's definently a rebal without a cause .... Yeah we're like the three nicest guys in our town, but that doesn't matter. Image seems to be everything. Stupid people make me want to act rebellious!! Ahhhhh!

Another funny thing is, how good I get along with everyone... accept my parents.. damn them! They spoiled me! Now I have no ambition to do anything.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Useful 1diot]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Who to blame? I'll take a stab and say the 'media' it is evil

I turn the Tv on at night and there is a current affaris program on, like it is every night of the week. What is tonights top story? another fat barstard is suing pizza hut becasue they made him the way he is, wait some one has been caught doing 120km/h in a 110km/h zone and didn't pay there fine and now they are ripping all of us off.... Hey theres a War on to, look at all the dead people. Terror alert extreme tonight, watch out for muslims.

I'm soooo sick of the same old sh*t it's just not funny anymore and it's being feed into every new mind, it's like a viruse and it's affecting more and more of us everyday.
It is people like paris hilton that 12 yo girls look up to for role models, thier parents work 24/7 (seems like it to them) who else have they got?
As for teenage boys Eminem, snoop dog, 50cent all those drug taking gangsters must be having an influence. If you don't like these things you are ridiculed, If you do like these things your doomed.
Most Adults now days can't even run thier own lives properly let only thier childrens. The fault doesn't start with the teenagers, it starts with the adults, role models, media. It's a me me me world now and the way the worlds heading at the moment there is only one way to fix it but most people couldn't handle it so it's just going to carry on the same path to violence, sex and drugs maybe a low paying job if your lucky. However im only concentrating on the worst ^ and really have no idea how many Adults/Teens are in this situation and hope that it doesn't become the majority (unless it allready is).

btw im a 16 yo Teenager and am in the mist of it all :

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join