It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Rejects Russian Request For Joint Moon Program.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The head of Russia's space agency Sunday said the US has rebuffed an offer from Moscow to jointly explore the moon. Roskosmos chief Anatoly Perminov was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency that Russia had proposed pooling resources to explore the moon.

"We were ready to cooperate but for unknown reasons, the United States have said they will undertake this programme themselves," he said.

Is the US going back to the cold war era? Why do they want to go it alone?
Probably because…

* They want to be there first and declare the Moon to be US territory, so that they have the hegemony to mine exotic materials.
* Further their super secret ‘Star Wars’ program by building launch bases there.
* Establish a New Universal Order from there and later by the end of this century, the other planets after the NWO on Earth.
* They already have bases there that they want to keep under wraps.
* Or is it something to do with access to alien technology on the Moon?

Is there any other reason for rejecting a joint Moon program, especially when there already is cooperation with Russia in the ISS program? And more so when trillions of dollars could be saved?

Why is it that there is always something fishy going on with America’s (NASA’s) space programs?

Here…

[edit on 21-5-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They obviously don't want to share the He3 with Russia. Other countries like China also plan to mine the moon. This is probably why the US has scrapped the idea of going to Mars in favour of setting up a permanent base on the moon by 2020.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
or maybe this is just another piece of the "we were never there in the first place" puzzle...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm sure it has more to do with the current souring of American and Russian relations as of late. Personally, I think working together on the return mission(s) to the moon would be a good way to improve them again. Apparantly Kennedy thought the same thing back in the 1960's and approached the Russians with the same offer. The first time they rejected it, but the second time they were open to it. Unfortunetly Kennedy was assassinated not long after so it never to pass.

On one hand, working with the Russians would be a good way to stop them from working with the Chinese. On the other hand working with them may simply make it easier for them to steal our technology (or invent more of it legitimately) and then pass it on to the Chinese anyway. So perhaps the safest alternative is to cut them out completely?

Still, I really think it's too bad. I've always had a lot of respect for the Russian Space Program. Too bad it seems that the natural order of things is for America and Russia to always be at odds.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm sure it has more to do with the current souring of American and Russian relations as of late. Personally, I think working together on the return mission(s) to the moon would be a good way to improve them again. Apparently Kennedy thought the same thing back in the 1960's and approached the Russians with the same offer. The first time they rejected it, but the second time they were open to it. Unfortunetly Kennedy was assassinated not long after so it never to pass.

On one hand, working with the Russians would be a good way to stop them from working with the Chinese. On the other hand working with them may simply make it easier for them to steal our technology (or invent more of it legitimately) and then pass it on to the Chinese anyway. So perhaps the safest alternative is to cut them out completely?

Still, I really think it's too bad. I've always had a lot of respect for the Russian Space Program. Too bad it seems that the natural order of things is for America and Russia to always be at odds.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by Langolier]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Only logical reason for us to turn down the offer is if they have no need for russians help in funding the moon trips. Which might be one of the reason why they pulled the plug on the whole apollo program and we havent seen any more exploration of moon.

They got better ways of getting there than the regular rockets and sharing that technology with anyone would be foolish. I mean whats the point of "exploring" something that has been "explored" quietly for the past 50 years?

new topics

top topics

join