It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have some major problems with verbally expressing my feelings to people. This doesn't exclude those simpler feelings, either.

I find it extremely difficult to even just tell a friend that I'm there for him, and he can talk to me. Much less express my feelings for someone. This has always been a problem of mine, and I really don't know why.

I've always just chalked it up to my penchant for overthinking EVERYTHING I ever do, or don't do. I do have diagnosed anxiety disorder, after all. I think about it waaay too much, and these thoughts are generally composed of every possible thing that could go wrong. I think about telling the person how I feel, then I think, but what if he doesn't feel the same? Even when I know almost certainly that he does...The more I think about it, the more ridiculous my worries get, like, what if...I shirt isn't straight, or I have something in my teeth? It gets so stupid sometimes, it's infuriating.

I can never take a chance because I've got every possible worst case scenario running through my head the whole time, and I'm scared.
I've gone through life thus far just waiting for the other person to make a move, when the type of guy that I find myself attracted to is just as shy as I am, so he's scared too and won't say anything! There have been rare occasions where I've been able to coax him into saying it first, but it'd be nice if I could quit sabotaging myself and adding t the list of things that I'll regret for the rest of my frickin life!

Can ANYONE help me here? Any suggestions? PLEASE!!

--Baka.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
All I can say is that actions speak louder then words. You shouldn't have to tell a friend that you are there for him/her if you are someone they can talk to and come to for advice when needed.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My advice? Well, I hate to say this, we only live once.. You don't want to be the one who could have, but never did.. Just go for it, what have you got to lose? And what will you build? I would go by this advice, but it just really wouldn't work right now.. Goodluck friend..

[edit on 21-5-2007 by MadSeason313]

[edit on 21-5-2007 by MadSeason313]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I suffer from panic attacks sometimes. I've learned in my 40+ years that you just have to force yourself to take a chance.

What's the worst that could happen? The person you're asking something of could say no. That's it.

One little word. N. O. It's really not that big a deal.

The more you practice this the easier it gets.

Personally, I think it's better to get the possible no or yes out of the way than torture myself about could have beens for months on end.

Have a nice cup of chamomile tea first to calm your nerves, then go for it, is my advice.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
MajorMalfunction is abolutely right, and once you realise how easy it is to approach somone....the ball is rolling!

They won't be able to shut you up

Just remember "life is a rollercoaster" with it's ups and downs, see how many NOs you can gat in a day. I think you'll be surprised how few. First, you've got to get into the car.

Good luck, and cheers for talking to US.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am the type of girl typically that you meet in the grocery store line and know everything there is to know, by the time your through. That being said, I always have a hard time vocalizing deep feelings and when i do never get them out right. I've learned it's better just to do it, and not say it. When you have a friend that needs you, be there. Make time to listen, and if anything hear. You will be surprised at how your friends will pick up on that simple action.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think I had some sense knocked into me tonight, so to speak. Listening to some stupid emo band, and watching the stupid emo video along with their song on youtube, i came across an icon (the video was simply a series of cliche emo icons..broken hearts, love, angst, etc.) that said simply "Why am I afraid of losing you when you're not even mine?"
And in that moment I realized that that is the story of my life. And it need not be. Why should I be so afraid of losing someone who's not even mine? Its really laughable that I ever was. Particularly my specific situation, I'm afraid to tell this guy I like him (what a teenage problem, eh?), even though I KNOW, almost to the point of absolute certainty, that he likes me! He's not hard to read, people in general aren't. I can tell if a guy likes me, but I've never been able to go with it!
=] I think I've got what I need to just go for it now. I'm also seeing that this is, in and of itself, a small realization, but I can really change my life and the way I live it by just remembering that.

I'm so happy right now, I feel like I'm finally going to start living my life like any other person, I'm not scared any more. And that, my friends, is just the most amazing feeling.

Thank you all for your support, I hope this thread may help others in some small way. I know I feel like I'm on top of the world right now, so I hope I can help someone else feel like this too.

--Kit.

top topics

join