It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South pole Antartic WWII check it out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elfworkz

Back to the original question. Where are the satellite images of Antartica? I would just like to take a look around myself instead of using "what if" scenerios.

Same place as all the close up satellite images of the Atlantic Ocean perhaps?

I guess someone decided there was no point in having high resolution close up images of featureless snow or water .....

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Our technology like you said may not support a city however; there are underground bunkers and things which have power generators and ways to survive a nuclear blast. How long is the question.

Most fallout type shelters are designed to only be livable for a few weeks, a few months at most. The most harmful radiated energy from fallout dissipates rapidly after a couple weeks, after that folks are supposed to spend increasingly longer periods of time outside the shelter. The key is though, that even in the early weeks they must spend some time outside the shelter.

Back to the original question. Where are the satellite images of Antartica?

I addressed that briefly above. I believe that the reason you will not see high resolution satellite imagery from the Poles is that the majority of your satellites are not in position to photograph there. The satellites used by groups such as Google Earth, or Terra Server, have a target audience of folks who wish to use this in conjunction with GPS and mapping software to look at populated areas of the planet. As hard as it is for some of the UFO crowd to swallow, the truth is, that searching for secret bases, UFO’s, top secret aircraft, and other such ventures, are not the intended purpose of that service. As such their satellites are going to be in the equatorial regions where there are buildings, roads, and life in general, which folks wish to navigate around in with their GPS software. The few Satellites that are in the arctic regions are there to monitor specific scientific events, such as ice shelves, or don’t have photographic capabilities. This is the same reason you will not find high resolution imagery in many other desolate locations on the planet.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Essan you make a good point, although I dont know that I would call the
regions featureless. However if you guys go back to the second page and
look at my previous post, you will find that there are some pretty high
resolution picks in the website that I have previously mentioned. Hope
that helps guys.

[edit on 5/22/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pjpuas
However if you guys go back to the second page and
look at my previous post, you will find that there are some pretty
resolution picks in the website that I have previously mentioned.

Yes, but as I stated above, that is a local area view of a specific ice shelf that they are watching break up. That satellite is not flitting all around the continent taking snapshots of penguins and snow drifts.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Okay Defcon, I'll by the satellite GPS issue. They do have satellite images of the surrounding islands not far from the pole but this could be due to your logic of areas of interest. Being in the early stages of satellite imaging I hope eventually we will be able to see the poles and look into the waters.

Until then I will have to wait. Thanks for all your great inputs guys!

Elfworkz out!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Fair enough Defcon, but if you look at this you can plainly see that the landsat imaging
people "have woven together more than a thousand images from the
Landsat 7 satellite to create the most detailed, high-resolution map ever
produced of Antarctica. The Landsat Image Mosaic of Antarctica (LIMA)
offers views of the coldest continent on Earth in 10 times greater detail
than previously possible."

So in truth the whole continent of Antartica has been included, not just the
starter images of the area around McMurdo military installation that you get when you go here.

*Edit*
Darn it I was wrong, they have not released the whole mosaic as a whole,
they are actually releasing them throughout the summer, which is suspect
in my eyes. But this link should allow all access to the images that have so far been released.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Now your eyes are open Pjpuas..............no images............o they arent important as Mars, Venus, or the ocean.....

Hmmmm

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What? My eyes have been open just to let you know, I just didn't have the time
to check the whole site. No images? Theres plenty of them in the last link
of my previous post, and just to show you all, this link is to a page where
you can download various images from around lake Vostok. And theres
plenty of other areas that have had images revealed.

Now granted, I said it was suspect for them to only trickle down images to
the public, but that doenst mean that its for nefarious purposes, I mean it
is a pretty huge land/ice mass. They probably have a pretty small group of
people working on those images. But hey it must be some type conspiracy
since were all here typing about it in a conspiracy website right.....

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Never said there is a conspiracy but it does have the potential to be I guess.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It certainly does, but just for my own understanding, could you be so kind as to let me know what you meant when you said:

Now your eyes are open Pjpuas..............no images............o they arent important as Mars, Venus, or the ocean.....

Hmmmm

I may have infered too much by your statement, and I apologize if that is the case.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What I meant was it seemed we are looking at a lot of things that appear to be more important than our own planet. I kinda think we would be mapping our planet, then moon, then mars etc.

I find it hard to believe "there is nothing to see" there so why worry about it. I'm sure its a matter of time we will have those images eventually but I hate waiting.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i dont know if this is already discussed (i skipped page 2), so sorry if so...

forgive any ignorance as well, for this is way outside my areas of expertise, but aren't sattelites generally placed in geo-synchronous orbits? wouldn't that be problematic in terms of plain physics, at some point nearing a pole? i.e. in geo-synchronous orbit, directly over a pole, wouldnt the sattelite be stationary and immediately come crashing straight down? i would think this would remain a problem until you reached a point where the pole was immediately at or beyond the horizon (from orbit). anyone actually know about this stuff?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by verbal kint
i dont know if this is already discussed (i skipped page 2), so sorry if so...

forgive any ignorance as well, for this is way outside my areas of expertise, but aren't sattelites generally placed in geo-synchronous orbits? wouldn't that be problematic in terms of plain physics, at some point nearing a pole? i.e. in geo-synchronous orbit, directly over a pole, wouldnt the sattelite be stationary and immediately come crashing straight down? i would think this would remain a problem until you reached a point where the pole was immediately at or beyond the horizon (from orbit). anyone actually know about this stuff?

Somebody eledued to somehting that was close to that, and that is a very good point.

If the Nazi's had a Base on Antaritica, it has problby been long since unpocupied.

But there is always a chance, they had some wild Science, and if they were very painet and had enough good scicnce...

One question that i think is a good one, how far down would you have to go to get to a tempature that is not unbearably cold?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

In 1938, Hitler, anxious for a foothold in the Antartic, sent an expediition commanded by Captain Alfred Richter to the coast Due south of South Africa. Two seaplanes were launched from the deck of the carrier, Schwabenland, daily for three weeks. They had orders to fly back and forth across the territory which Norwegian explorers had named Queen Maud Land. The Germans had then made a far more thorough study of these region,
finding vast areas that were free of ice. They renamed the area
"Neuschwabenland" and claimed it as part of the Third Reich. German ships and U-boats continued to operate in the South Atlantic Ocean, particularly
between South Africa and the Antartic, throughout WWII. Then, in March 1945, just before the end of the war, two German U-boats, U-530 and U-977, left from a port on the Baltic Sea. Alegedly, they took with them members of the flying saucer research teams, the last of the most vital saucer components, the notes and drawings for the saucer, and the designs for gigantic underground complexes and living accomodations based on the underground factories of Nordhausen in the Harz mountains. The U-boats allegedly unloaded all of this in Antartica. Then, two months after the war, they mysteriously surfaced off the coast of Argentina where the crews were handed over to the American authorities, who interrogated them at length and then flew them all back to the United States and questioned the Captains of both U-boats for almost ayear.

ok one problem with what this says. The germans only had ONE aircraft carrier in WW2 and it was never used. when it was 95% completed Hitler had the armaments stripped and sent to coastal batteries. The ship was then used for storage.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yep quite odd that there is little to no high res images of the great southern land mass of Antarctica. And I doubt its because there is Nothing too see either.
Whats also wild is how there are many military/scientific outposts in the region yet very little public info available. Seems like the perfect place for programs you dont want anyone too discover. And exactly why the Nazi's choose to claim the continent and use it for their purposes.
And too the folks saying"theres nothing too see" I say bull maybe I want too look at Polar bears or old scientific encampments or just plain old snow cliffs.
But Im thinking there are other reasons too keep the public in the dark about both South and North pole activities.
And there has been plenty of fragmented documentation over the years from the Nazi era that suggests much of the Nazi/Antarctic connection was very real and a continuance of projects started way back may still exist today.
When it comes to our Gov's I believe very little they say and more of what I can see.
Another old tale was that Hitler never died in Germany as suggested. But rather a medically altered double who also had his teeth altered too mimic the Nazi leader. And the burning of the body ensured little to no investigations of switch. I believe Hiltler died but in his Antartic compound and many years later. However the sceptics/debunks say wheres the proof.
Well prove beyond a doubt Im wrong I say. And the Argentine-Nazi-Antartic connection was very real IMO.
But hey its all just conjecture without proof.
Im a firm believer in when your watching one hand the other is doing something else and has been proven time and time again from just about every Govt.
Oh and the Nazi's had tender ships that were like carries in a way but with only a couple of specialized aircraft and could also ferry men and supplies as well. Not the size of a carrier but rather a cargo vessel.
And there are lots of post war Nazi recants of many operation we were never told about until just recently.
The Nazi's unchecked scientists were way ahead of the curve and is evident in all the US and Russia searches and seizures of these persons at the end of the war. It took Van Braun to get us even thinking about Men on the Moon in a realistic way. So Im sure there were other geniuses just as far thinking in their own respective scientific fields.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
And too the folks saying"theres nothing too see" I say bull maybe I want too look at Polar bears or old scientific encampments or just plain old snow cliffs.
But Im thinking there are other reasons too keep the public in the dark about both South and North pole activities.

Again I say, you can go there and work if you want to check it out. The bases are not run by the military but rather by individual contract organizations and research groups. With this in mind, and considering that anyone can go there to work, as long as they can pass the physical, what exactly is being hidden?

Here...get a job there and report back to us what secrets you find hidden there!
Oh... and take a warm coat…

Raytheon Polar Survices
Antarctic Sun
US Antarctic Program

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not sure how reliable the info on this site is but here's a link that i believe was posted on another post about this issue?

Nexus

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What I have been told about poor resolution of polar regions in commercially available images has to do with the orbits of the satelites taking the pictures.

The satelites go "across" the landmasses of the earth, and not "Up and Down" over the polar regions.

Essentially, the shots of the poles are from the "side".

Overly simple answer, but I think you get my point.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Flag
What I have been told about poor resolution of polar regions in commercially available images has to do with the orbits of the satelites taking the pictures.

The satelites go "across" the landmasses of the earth, and not "Up and Down" over the polar regions.

Essentially, the shots of the poles are from the "side".

Overly simple answer, but I think you get my point.

Thats my take as well. It costs a whole lot of money to redirect a satellite (and reduces the lifespan of it in orbit as fuel is consumed.). Not to mention companies such as Google having to pay for the image taking. The north pole is probably 'blurred' because the images were not available/didn't exist so, filler is the most likely explanation.

On google images, try zooming in close somewhere, then scroll away from city areas. You will run into either: Old/crappy images that are close or a grey box that says "no image".

Why would they tage the north/south pole then they don't have all of California mapped?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just my pennies worth!

I have also noted this discrepancy at google earth. But if you keep zooming you'll get a black screen and if you continue zooming past the black screen you'll eventually see mapped out government research bases or what ever they are. I find that very weird as every other place is either completely unavailable to zoom into or pretty clear to view...

I'm not convinced that there isn't something fishy going on...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join