It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mos Def arrested at MTVs VMAS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i dont know how long ago this was but the police seem to be using some unecassary amount of force to get mos to stop his set

what happened to freedom of speach?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yeah! what the hell..very uncalled for they just come in like its something life threatening and stuff..soo annoying i love mos def..f the permit issue this is more like a violation of rights thing makes me soo angry

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
He was summoned for operating a sound-reproduction device without a permit. He just drove up in that truck in front of the VMA's and started performing. He also initially lied about having a permit. Yes the cops may have over reacted a little giving him a push, but lets not make this about free speech. He wasn't made to stop because of his song about katrina.

www.mtv.com...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
america land of the permit..its always an issue

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
He was summoned for operating a sound-reproduction device without a permit. He just drove up in that truck in front of the VMA's and started performing. He also initially lied about having a permit. Yes the cops may have over reacted a little giving him a push, but lets not make this about free speech. He wasn't made to stop because of his song about katrina.

www.mtv.com...

oh thanks for clearing that up for me i didnt know the "full" story or whatever i just saw the clip on you tube

but yes the police did overreact

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Over-reacted?
If it was me, I would have had an officer get him with a security hold, while I put his left arm in a Kimura lock. Then have another officer put him in a rear naked choke while the 4th officer finishes him off with a left high kick from hell.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I love it....
They should have just cut the power to his mic....that would have been funny. Just cut him off and let him stand there jibber-jabbering in silence.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResinLA
Over-reacted?
If it was me, I would have had an officer get him with a security hold, while I put his left arm in a Kimura lock. Then have another officer put him in a rear naked choke while the 4th officer finishes him off with a left high kick from hell.

i hope youre kidding me....

and what do you love rocknroll? the fact that a rapper was arrested for setting up a stage on the sidewalk and putting on his own free show

for those that know mos def and his music he preaches nothing but positivity..

lol, yes "jibber-jabbering" because thats all it is isn't ? jibber-jabbering. good one!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
i hope youre kidding me...

Serious as a heart attack.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ok, so your serious.

What exactly would be the justification for such force?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
america land of the permit..its always an issue

Permit = PERMISSION
License = PERMISSION
Privilegde = PERMISSION

Freedom cannot be given, or permitted, you're either free to begin with or you aren't whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

join