It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian dollar .91. Just in time for the NAU.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have been paying attention to the rising Canadian dollar and does anyone else think that it will just around 2010 or there about equal out with the US dollar, just in time for the North American Union to take place?

I mean then people won't complain as much as they would have when our dollar was trading at 61, 71, 81 cents to the US dollar, which was not that long ago.

I figure we will see this happen and this trend contiue, until it's time for the merger. Now I wonder what will happen with the Mexican paso? I don't see it making a miraculous swing up, but then anything is possible. Still does anyone else think this has an corrolation to the upcoming Union that everyone is pushing forward?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Exactly. Anyway, our money is not going up, it's the american dollar who plundge. We'll soon be around 95/99 in time (2009/2010) for the monetary union, also, that's why in the last decade the IMF said to the Canada to reduce their debt. This is disgusting.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Most people that I have talked to have no idea that this Union is coming.

I then try to make them aware, but most are shaking their heads and saying it will never happen.

You can't make people believe what they are not willing to believe, or make them aware if they are not willing to be made aware.

I am so shocked that they can be going ahead with this, without letting Canadians, Americans and I assume Mexican's know about this. It's like we don't matter at all. I mean I guess we don't anymore. If we ever did as a people.

All we can do I guess in our own ways is to try to help make people aware of what is going to possibly happen. I think it's dreadful that our governments would do this, without getting proper imput from the citizens who will be affected by this union. Is this not what the philosophy of a democratic society is all about?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Canadian Dollar is already at 0.94 cents US. It has been rising 0.5 cents a day for the past few days it seems. If we keep up at this rate we will surpass the American dollar in a few weeks.

ca.finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As a proud Canadian. (Outside of the State sanctioned torture and all.) I am as happy as anyone else to see the dollar do well, but now that I know what is likely behind it, I am really grossed out.

I can't even believe that. I remember when it was doing .64 to the US dollar. That was what 3-4 years ago? From .91c to .94c in what a matter of days? It makes you really wonder about the value of money truly is and how it can be manipulated.

I am still shocked that most Canadians I talk to have no idea this is coming. Wow at this rate, by the end of the year we will be right in line. Maybe they are stepping up the pace. It's really horrifying to watch, by if you do it by degrees, no one takes notice. Nice.

Thank you so much for the update, I usually don't pay attention to this stuff.

top topics

join