It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For new members, "u2u's", those are private messages. (UPDATED)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We have a private message system at ATS, these are u2u's. When you get one your Members Center box in your tool bar will be flashing red, just click on it. You also go there to send a u2u. You have to have 20 posts before sending to other members but you can message the staff at any time.

So new members, do you have a message waiting for you? Look up in the right side of your tool bar, you just might.

As always, welcome to ATS.

UPDATE: The T&C also covers U2U's:

2f.) Private Messages: You will not use the private messaging system (U2U) to send mass messages to multiple member accounts. All private messages are subject to these terms and conditions, violations will result in immediate account termination. You also agree that "U2Us" (Private Messages) are confidential. You will not post or publically display U2Us received from ATS staff or any other members, in any way, without the written permission of the author.

No spamming, posting private messages and anything else that would be against the T&C.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by intrepid]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
And also, for the newer members - if you are looking for your member center the button on the toolbar will look like this..

or if you have u2u's it will look like this

Both take you to your Member Center.

Many times people say that they can't find it, but it's just because you have u2u's.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, I'm kind of a ATS freebee, I mean newbie. This U2U must be something exclusive to this forum, because I have never heard it called that before.

It was a little confusing trying to find the PM button at first. It actually works the same as PM, but is just called U2U. You can look at the bottom of a posters reply and see the U2U link so you can write to them and say have lame there comment is. Just kidding!

I'm not to much of a IM'er PM'er and now U2U'er! I guess I'm out of touch that way.

Know wounder no one knows me and every one hates me!

Ok, I'm just being a Drama King!

I think the format of this forum is great. I just wish I had the time to actually have a real discussion with people.

Peace out, Dudes and Dudettes, Homies and Homettes, Girlfriends and Boyfriends..... Wait scratch that last one. It sounds kinda frutty!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism This U2U must be something exclusive to this forum,

It is, I believe.

Actually, it would probably be more approriately called "u2me", or "me2u", depending on which party was the sender.

Unless the creator of the name was thinking in the third person. Meaning, from you to you.

Once in a while, my schizoprenic side kicks into gear, and I find myself trying to send a "me2me". (actully it is possible to send a u2u to yourself, but it is still called "u2u")

You know, while I was typing this, it dawned on me that this has been brought up before (I vaguely remeber it) in another discussion about the personal messaging service here. (No plagiarism intended)

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think it is more like ATS is saying from You to You.

Like I just sent a u2u to Whatukno. So ATS is saying "Hey Enjoies, I'm sending this message from you, (then spins around onto Whatukno's pc, points to him and says) to you." In a game-show host voice, and flashing lights. Yeah, thats how the name came about. And if you sent a u2u to yourself it would do the same just spin around and land back on your computer.

Another ATS mystery solved!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It isn't exclusive to ATS. It is exclusive to XMB forum software which this site is based on. Personally I hate the U2U name and have changed it on my sites. I honestly wish it would be changed here too because I think most of the net world understands PM but not U2U.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It stands for User to User I believe.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ummm, my U2 button does not work. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix the problem? Thanks Antar

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ummm, my U2 button does not work. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix the problem? Thanks Antar

Check your tool bar for flashing red. I just sent you one.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why don't we go the whole nine yards in explaining the U2U's

• Messages that are in your inbox, that are bold, are messages you haven't read yet. As soon as you read them they will be...unbolded? I don't know what it's called, but it won't be bold!

• Messages that you send to other members you can track in your Outbox. If the message in the outbox is bold, that means the person you sent the U2U to hasn't read it yet. Once they have read it, it goes back to normal.

What does "You have 29 total U2U's. Your quota is 50." mean?

It means you have 29 total U2U's (inbox, outbox, saved combined), and the total amount you can have at once before you have to start deleting them is 50.

You can up your quota by purchasing 100 at a time in the ATS Store

I think that covers most of it.

[edit on 30/5/2007 by enjoies05]

• posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:57 PM
    link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Check your tool bar for flashing red.

It doesn't flash anymore. At least not for me. Mine works, but no epileptic seizure inducing flashing going on.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
    link   
    Mine is STUCK red......it looks like I have U2U's but...I don't

Some sort of glitch most likely...

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
    link   
    reply to post by CA_Orot

Here ya go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
    link   
    reply to post by intrepid

Thank you!

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
    link   
    I can't find the thread about the damaged u2u's, hopefully someone can answer my question here.

Is there any way to transfer some of your old u2u's to your new inbox ?

I don't relly need most of them, but i would like to be able to keep my u2u's for my applause.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chise61

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck. I lost everything.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:38 AM
    link   
    Hi folks..I am new and have recieved U2U's from some members but could not respond because I did not have 20 posts in yet...that was a little frusterating because I did not want the senders to think I was ignoring them or believe I didnt want to respond. Great site, my fav keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:33 AM
    link   
    Hey Alter,

Edit) I was saying to head over to BTS lol to gain some points then i seen that you added and entry in the my Comic contest

Great to see you getting involved,

[edit on 19-9-2008 by asala]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by asala

Heya asala!

Thanks, when I saw the contest post I thought the same thing!! Glad I made the dead-line!~

That was and still is a great suggestion for us newcommers or even older members who want point for the ATS store!

I think it is great that you guys do things like (contests ect) that is part of what sets this site ABOVE all the rest. There are alot talented people here as well so the competitions are great! Glad to be a contributing member.

(peskie typo'z!!!)

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
    link   
    Is it considered a T&C violation for someone to publicly quote in a thread from a private U2U?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join