It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you don't hear about the kurds.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The reason i put this in the media section is because Iraqi army arrived at the scene and refused anyone entry, including the press.

Theses video's made me sick to my stomach. What makes it worse is the the iraqi police stood by and let this happen. I was against the war because you can't bring Democracy to a people who mis treat a woman for choosing to follow her heart and not the will of her parents.

Warning the video is very graphic.

Video

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Very sickening. To think some of those men actually enjoyed doing that to the girl. Some people think society in the US is violent. 1000 men ganging up on one woman. She never had a chance.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah, this incident has been talked about extensively here at ATS. I didn't watch the video again because I have already seen it and don't care to watch it again. How people, if one can call them that, can be so heartless is beyond me.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah aint those horrible Kurds just the worst..READ THIS

As usual, the U.S. government tried to cover up the mass murder--it initially claimed that the victims were blown up by an insurgent IED. But, as Time reported in March, the "civilians who died in Haditha on Nov. 19 were killed not by a roadside bomb but by the Marines themselves, who went on a rampage in the village after the attack, killing 15 unarmed Iraqis in their homes, including seven women and three children." As at My Lai, the bloodlust was not easily sated. "The raids took five hours and left at least 23 people dead."

I'm not saying that the video shows the actions of sane people but they aint the only ones getting wrapped up in the insanity that mankind is capable of..

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh,Lord,here we go. Oh good God it's all America's fault!! Uh,yeah.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I knew that would be taken that way but went with the U.S bait anyway. Could just of easily found some story from Britian, Australia,Portugal or anywhere really.. Its all too easy to show any country is demented in some way by showing the actions of a small group of people behaving in an extreme (and often very unfortunate)way..What I was attempting to show was that these actions rarely represent the whole country/region/race/religion/sect/community...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
I knew that would be taken that way but went with the U.S bait anyway. Could just of easily found some story from Britian, Australia,Portugal or anywhere really..

And what does this have to do with the topic? Nothing, as you said, just "bait". Please save that for fishing, in a lake or river preferably, not here.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
And what does this have to do with the topic? Nothing, as you said, just "bait". Please save that for fishing, in a lake or river preferably, not here.

Intrepid, that was comical.

CthulhuRising

What I was attempting to show was that these actions rarely represent the whole country/region/race/religion/sect/community...

Well, that is true. All too often though, the United States seems to get brought up in an issue that really has nothing to do with us. This is a perfect example. I don't think the U.S is responsiible for the murder of a girl who was killed by relatives angry at her for marrying a person of another religion.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yea i see how the thread went off topic. I was just trying to point out the fact that we are Disillusioned to think we can bring Democracy to a country where this type of violence is justified. If it were a man how did the same things as this woman no one would of bat an eye

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dont really want to watch any snuff... but i am assuming she was stoned to death?

Looking from our free western societies it is easy to call these people heathens, murderers, whatever. But as much as i STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH IT, I can understand it. As wrong as it is, this has been these peoples cultural and judicial practice for hundreds of years. It easy for us to stand on our high platforms and condemn this, but the real question is if you were a Kurdish man in this street, what would you do?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
yes this is horrible and shouldnt be tolerated.....however.....to call them inhuman because of there religious beliefs isnt "right" either....its what they were taught to believe from a young age and were not going to be able to change that.......thats why we wont be able to win in iraq either it doesnt matter how appalling there actions are to us....they will be like that because theyve always been like that.....on that note if jihad is a religious belief doesnt that mean were persecuting people because of there religious beliefs? ((dont get me wrong either i dont have any sympathy for ANY one who commits murder for any reason))

top topics

join