It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright object by the moon last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the bright planet shining by the moon last night? Venus or Mars? I live in Louisiana. Looking at the moon, a very bright planet shown in the night sky just to the left of the moon. I didn't hear or read anything about a planet that would be that visible in the night sky last night.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Looks to have been Venus.

www.space.com...

The planet that will keep close company with the Moon on that Saturday evening will be dazzling Venus, which has adorned the western twilight sky since late December.
Venus currently is setting about three and a half hours after sunset, which means it's in the sky until past 11 p.m. For some locations it remains visible until after midnight.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thats awesome, I live in south florida and I noticed the same planet by the moon. I figured it was Venus since its usually in that direction. It was a cool sight to see though.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes, it was a sight to see. Expecially when you didnt know about it in the first place. We came out of the theater and saw that bright object. Of course, it seemed to just stay in the same spot for 30 min. I figured it had to be a planet. After about 20 mins you could see that it dropped a little below the original position that I first saw it. I sure was hopeing it wasnt a planet though. haha

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes, it is Venus
I've been telepathically communicating with my planet. Just kidding
I'm a Taurus, and Venus rules me, it's no wonder I've been acting so goofy lately. It sure has been shining like a diamond in the sky for the past few weeks hasn't it! It's very bright and lovely.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They had a parte' in my town. Whee.

Seriously, this was closely followed by the Sabbath, where many squirms where had in the pews.

Next day, this, day. There all glory angels and all.

Forgot the Hill have Eyes. And questions...?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They had a parte' in my town. Whee.

Seriously, this was closely followed by the Sabbath, where many squirms where had in the pews.

Next day, this, day. There all glory angels and all.

Forgot the Hill have Eyes. And questions...?

top topics

join