It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 and the Delusions of Crowds..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You conspiracy guys would be laughable if you weren't pathetic.
Learn the science of how steal beams and weld joints buckle and fail before you go off on imagined theories. Testimony on what ppls heard or saw during the heat of the moment is as credible as, well, LED cartoon signs posing as bomb "devices" in hysterical Boston.. haha.

Why does the human mind always want to create reasons and believe in conspiracies? It never fails. There is actually a science that addresses this tendency too but that, of course, is a conspiracy to shut up all the conspiracy theorists.

Yes, there are two sides and the other side is that you guys are having fun cherrypicking facts, images, implications and shaping into your own theories of "almost" feasable tales.

Read a great book us investors use to decipher the crowd mentalities.
It's entitled "Extraordinary Popular Dylusions and the Madness of Crowds" by
Mackay/DeLaVega (Wiley Press)

I know this thread will get a lot of hate responses and reasons why you're right... bla-bla. I just ask that you consider that sometimes the obvious explanation is the correct one.

But hey, i know it's fun with group bonding to expound on the fantastic, so go for it.

Peace All.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Read a great book us investors use to decipher the crowd mentalities.It's entitled "Extraordinary Popular Dylusions and the Madness of Crowds" by
Mackay/DeLaVega (Wiley Press)

First of all, as a so called "investor", learn to spell "delusions" correctly. And to quote a book first published in 1841 is a little naive. I'm sure it is very interesting and has proved useful to you in your moneymaking, but people have come a long way since then and to "group" them like this shows that you obviously haven't taken the time to research the 911 facts. Just "debunk" them in one, single rant. Take the time to do more research and you will find that 911 truth seekers do not always agree, take the time to debate and are open to more than one, spoon-fed official conclusion, that to be honest, has little or no proof!

I just ask that you consider that sometimes the obvious explanation is the correct one.

Secondly, that is exactly what conspiracy theorists are doing.
You should learn that your point of view may not always be the right one.

Learn the science of how steal beams and weld joints buckle and fail before you go off on imagined theories.

Thirdly, why don't you enlighten us as to your expert opinion on this, based on your apparent knowledge and obvious research.

Fourth, and most important, there is no hate in this response. Just pity. Pity for an individual who knows little and wishes to learn even less.

To call people who have minds of their own "pathetic", in such a shallow and blatently ignorant "rant" is sad, very sad.

Good luck my friend, you're going to need it!

Why don't you read something a little more enlightening:
The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki

[edit on 20/5/2007 by nerbot]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I agree with the first poster. The 9/11 conpiracy theorys drive me nuts...
People have spent way to much time researching this and some of the theorys I have heard like hologram aeroplanes? Come on...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oh, I think that this need to create a problem that isn't really there is because we're hardwired to be hunter/gatherers and the modern lifestyle is too stultifying for our instincts. Since we aren't running from woolly mammoths and cave lions five times a day we have to come up with other ways to get our excitement and making up outlandish theories about stuff that was bad enough without all the extra "frosting" is just our biology's way of keeping our instincts honed. You never know what crazy creatures all the pollution is going to produce. Gotta be ready and have those instincts sharp for when the giant cockroach people pour out of the hollow earth with their particle beam weapons, ready to destroy all us anachronistic ape-beings and take over the planet for their great queen.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

From MajorMalfuntion:

Gotta be ready and have those instincts sharp for when the giant cockroach people pour out of the hollow earth with their particle beam weapons, ready to destroy all us anachronistic ape-beings and take over the planet for their great queen.

I like it

Never know when these blighters will try to sneak past eh!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow, it is so nice be to judged by someone as intelligent as you rgenius, from reading a book. There are people out there that feel there are still many valid questions and issues that need to be addressed and that the 9-11 Commission Report failed to address. These people want a full and complete independent investigation to make sure that everything is covered.

Yes, there are many theories out there that are laughable, but there are plenty more that have lots of evidence to support a better investigation.

THINK, It's Patriotic

new topics

top topics

join