It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ghost Stories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ok so basically everyone who comes on this section of this forum has a story to tell about something "strange" they seen or heard.
So lets all share our ghost stories

I havn't really had a lot of strange stuff happen to me in my house (the rest of my family has) But I remember once at a mates house quite a few years ago we were sitting on his computer playing games when we heard footsteps on his kitchen floor coming towards us slowly and the computer turned itself off and then we heard the footsteps move back thru the kitchen and it sounded like they were running.
Scared the hell out of me thats for sure

I look forward to hearing your stories ghost stories are always the best hehe

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Ok, here goes with some creepy stuff

I still live in a 3 bedroomed apartment that I shared a few years ago with my younger brother, a friend of ours and my faithful doberman.
We went through a period of incidents that lasted on and off for a couple of years, some of which seemed playful and some of which were downright terrifying.
The worst experiences of mine, which happened 5 or 6 times, followed the same pattern. The apartment has a long corridor leading from the lounge to the bathroom at the far end with the bedrooms and kitchen leading off left and right. Zeus (the hound) would sometimes suddenly sit up and walk to the lounge door, looking intently towards the far end of the corridor, even though no sound could be heard and nobody else was in. What scared me the most were the occasions when I would go to walk down to the bathroom and only get as far as the threshold of the lounge door. It was almost as if there was some unseen barrier and I could not take a step further into the corridor. This was also accompanied by an extreme feeling of dread and the hairs on the back of my neck would be prickling. I'd always just back away and go sit down again and then a few minutes later get up and walk straight out as if nothing had happened. A year or so after these occurrences stopped I was at the pub one night and my buddy was with a group telling scary stories. He started out telling them of some frightening experiences he'd had at the apartment, always when alone. I suddenly interrupted him and finished off the tale... He thought he was the only one having the experience so kept quiet about it and when we quizzed my brother it turned out it had happened to him several times too.

Those were truly frightening experiences.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Not sure, if this really a ghost story. xD
I experimented with electrolysis. I used a high-power current.
I wanted to change the setup of the electrodes, i wanted to dive into the water with my hands and suddenly something touched my hand right before i touched the water. I was shocked because it was a really strong feeling and i haven´t seen anything.

Then i noticed that i´ve forgot to turn off the power input to the electrodes.
Something saved me to become a strong electrical shock.

It´s already 2 years ago but i cannot forget it. There was really something that touched my hand before i had contact with the water. Really strange.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
allMIGHTY: I've experienced a couple of similar experiences, so know what you're talking about. I felt the touch, also. Not imaginary, not 'sixth sense'. No, actual physical 'contact' with something/someone unseen. And like you, I was saved by that 'touch' from severe physical harm; probable death.

It's something you don't forget, even many decades later.

It doesn't matter if others don't believe you, or suspect you're embroidering the story.

It happened and you know it.

And it changes things, doesn't it? Changes the way you view life and your tiny place in it. It is also often responsible, I'm sure, for people afterwards taking an interest in the paranormal and things spiritual.

But the very nice thing about these experiences is the realisation and then certainty that we are not alone, no matter how alone we may sometimes feel, before and even after the experience.

Because the fact that someone/something chose to step in save you -- humble you -- gives a new meaning to your existence. We may be just accidents of birth and we may be unimportant in the general scheme of things, but we matter to someone/something. And the fact they were right there, at the critical juncture, implies they are constantly there, watching over us. Which is amazing and something few of us believe --- until 'they' step in and save us, thus revealing their presence in the process.

Of course, it may possibly be that the 'touch' you experienced was an astonishing manifestation of your larger Mind (which may well have been aware of the danger to which you exposed yourself). That 'touch' may have been created, via muscles and sinew, BY your Mind, as a lightning-fast intervention. But if so, it's still reason for optimism and celebration and means there's far more to 'you' than you might otherwise believe.

Like you, though, the 'touch' I experienced felt very much like the intervention of 'something/someone ELSE. I even fought against it, so preoccupied was I in what I was doing. But the invisible hand held firm and did save me.

Great experiences, aren't they, in more ways than one

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Creepy stories so far. The touch one made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. And the following posts saying it might have been your mind sending the msg that you felt as a touch is even more intruiging!
Keep up the good stories

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is a ghost or something I couldn't identify or a UFO, in any case it was paranormal.

I was in my bed and it was around 1 am. I had the shutters closed but my windows were fully open. I was woken up by the strangest noise I ever heard. It started at quite normal but still loud volume. It's hard to describe, it sounded like something vibrating at an extremely high frequency, a bit like the sounds in science fiction movies with force fields or something. A bit like electricity at high voltage like what you hear near a transformer but way louder and deeper.

It got louder and louder and at some point it was so loud it made my heart "shake" like when you hear a thunderstorm that's just close by or in a loud cinema.

It then faded away.

I thought what the hell is that and wanted to open my shutters to find out, because it seemed to come from right outside my shutters.

I've thought of all the possibilities, a helicopter? I've been up close to choppers and even been inside a flying one, same for planes. Ball lightning? My imagination?

I've no idea

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I lived in a different area, and I was real close friends with my neighbor, who lived across the street from me. I was outside taking the dog for a walk, and I looked across the street towards their house.

In the window I saw the face of a lady, dressed in a gown it looked like, and it looked like she was just staring at something. It looked grey and white. I looked at it for a few seconds, looked away then looked back at the spot, and it was gone, but the window curtin moved slightly.

My neighbor wasn't completely against the idea of ghosts, so I told them about it. They said their child told them she saw a ghost once before. They looked into the history of their property, and someone died there, a long long time ago.

It was pretty freaky.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hi all ..

It was mid summer UK, and i was fast asleep, iwas about 11 or 12, i remember this night like it was yesterday, i was laid facing the door, i woke up, not in the sense of..yawning ..eye rubbing waking up, but eyes only quickly opened, there was a dark figure stood in my doorway, i was absolutely terrified and couldn't move for what seemed an eternity, i was froze, the "ghost" just stood there, i eventually span round to face my wall, i went to grab my covers but as it was so hot i must have kicked them off when i was asleep, so i just had a thin sheet as protection, i remember shaking like mad looking at the wall, just wating for whatever it was to grab me, i stayed awake until the sun came up, i never heard footsteps of it going away.. i can't explain what or who it was but it scared the living cr*p out of me.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have had many experiences in my life that were strange. However, one that automatically sticks out in my mind happened to me shortly after my father passed away.

Firstly it is important to realize that my father passed away in the home where he lived, my mother did as well, but several months after my father did. Anyway, I was taking a shower one day, I guess it must have been a couple of weeks after my father's passing, all of a sudden I got this feeling of a presence in the bathroom. You know the feeling.

Well, I turned back the shower curtain and there was no one there. I continued taking my shower and it felt as if someone were standing behind me in the shower!! Next thing I knew, I heard the sound of someone whistling.
Now, my father used to whistle just like this all of the time.

Let me tell you, I got goose bumps that you wouldn't believe. Mind you, I don't scare very easily I have seen some pretty strange things in my life. I turned off the shower and started drying myself off while saying out loud, "You know ,dad, this isn't funny at all." I got out of the bathroom in a hurry.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My strangest experience occurred in 1980 while I was stationed in Scotland on a Royal Navy Base. I had fallen asleep in my room while reading; the only light on was the reading lamp over the bed. I woke up and watched a woman walk through my window which was closed and locked. She was dressed circa 1600's and wasn't looking particularly friendly. My first thought was it was all a dream and I was still sleeping so I pinched myself; nope wide awake. I was so scared I felt frozen; the only thing I could think to do was tell her "I'm an American" she just sort of faded away.

The next experience was while I was stationed in Hawaii in 1986. My neighbors were Hawaiian and we formed a friendship. The Grandma used to tell me the ancient legends of the islands. She told me that if I heard war drums in the night not to look out the window as it was an ancient king leading his warriors to battle and if I saw them some one close to me would die. About a month or so later I was awakened during the night by drums that seemed to be outside my window my two cats were pressed up against me shaking and crying. Needless to say I didn't look out my window. The next day I saw the Grandma who asked me if I had heard the drums; I said yes and they scared my cats and me and I didn't look to see who it was. Later that week she came over with sea salt and blessed my home which I appreciated.

There are many many stories or legends and I have to believe that there is at least a kernel of truth to them. There are things in this world that we aren't meant to see or understand things that are perhaps not of this world per se but existing in tandem.

top topics

join