It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*your help needed* stop governments banning natural health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Without public knowledge or debate the Australian Government has initiated steps to force the natural health industry under the control of multi-national drug corporations. Autralian's and New Zealanders will lose the right to choose Natural health care if the Australian Government's secret legislation is not stopped.

Since Pan Pharmaceuticals was gutted by the TGA in 2003, the regulator has installed drug corporations on committees that have generated volumes of new laws that have sent the Australian supplement industry to the wall, making the markets ready to be taken over by drug companies.

The war on supplements is nothing but a trade war. Supplements are hurting drug companies. They want their share of the action. Drug companies have lobbied the Australian government to bring about massive secret changes to Australia's health care structure. Here's what they've done:

The Australian Government has signed an international treaty (known as the JTA Treaty) in 2003 which forms the basis for a massive new international regulating "agency". This is due to come into effect . unless the voters stop them implementing the legislation from being passed by Parliament.

Please click here to voice your support

[edit on 20-5-2007 by ufossydney]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
man they're not going to get rid of vitamins and minerals no matter what.

they'll be an uproar plus it's bad business. they'd reap in tons from tax from those companies at the moment.

you're too paranoid man

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
paranoid?

nice excuse, in the EU, you are already limited to ~200mg of ascorbate per day, for example. Coenzyme Q10 is banned altogether in France and you're generally unable to get more than homeopathic doses of minerals and vitamins unless you have access to, let's say, industrial sources.

references to similar threads

www.abovetopsecret.com...

unless you already know of Tryptophan's fate in the US, i suggest you read the following articles:
'EMS' 1989 and a follow-up. these people will do anything if their fat check from big pharma arrives in time!

edit: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20.5.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
man they're not going to get rid of vitamins and minerals no matter what.

they'll be an uproar plus it's bad business. they'd reap in tons from tax from those companies at the moment.

you're too paranoid man

As weird as it may sound, its not to far fetched.
Im an American who has lived in Europe for 2 years and have watched this issue (with natural health) evolve in both places.

First, 2 years ago I can remember buying kava-kava at any health food-store with no issue. Its illegal in Europe because it has been attributed to maybe 8 deaths.

Funny thing is, all those commercials of the anti-depressants pills from big pharma -which always end with long passages of potential complications from taking the pills, and of course we laugh it off as they speed read through this....but its not to funny, but legal.

And with herbs as ephedra and kava, they give some bogus reports - and by bogus, I mean biased. Natural medicine and synthetics dont typically mix...period.
The sports stars dieing with ephedra were using it with something else, and/or the ephedra products were mixed with something.

Just because its natural doesnt mean you can go mix items. Its as serious as mixing prescription medicine.

And with kava...it looks as if its the part of the herb they were using was wrong...they used the leaves, etc. which islanders never used. Not just that, but the concentration level of alcohol extracts are more than the island chewed/brewed kava.

yes, people will still have a potential of risk...thats just life, with anything.
But nothing near the poisons that come form the big-pharma companies.

So, in short - some herbs kava and ephedra got kicked out of the U.S. it seems.
And in Europe, kava is illegal, as well as one poster said, there appears to be issues with other things - and one item, CoQ 10, I had no idea was banned, I will have to check that - in Hungary its not, as my father in law took it, I do know the amounts are a lot less then what they were supposed to be. And places seem to be playing up to the FDA, etc. if they want to 'play' the nutrition game in the states by putting less in the caps and making it outright expensive so that only the rich can 'survive'.

Call it a vent, but all of nature should be legal.
If you run up and smoke poison ivy, thats your problem though.

Peace

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
try

if you want stuff on France.

new topics

top topics

join