It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. govt. sticks it to little old ladies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is just My rant for the day. I recently came across an old check tucked into some of My great grandmas belongings. It was from the govt and it was for $7.00. That's what the military deemed fair to give Her as the widow of My great grandfather who retired as an MP in the Army and served during WWII. No widows pension, no military medical benefits. Just $7.00 a month for 25 yrs. until 3 yrs. ago when She died, She was 99. God bless America, huh?

Peace. K*

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
that's pathetic. i don't even know what to say. it makes me mad, but to the point where all i can do is shake my head.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You know I just got an email today that showed all the money that retired congressmen get. They receive their full time pay until the day they die, hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, their widows receive the money in the event that the serving congressmen dies. And now we have a woman, who lost a husband that these people sent to fight in the name of our great country, and all his widow gets is 7.50 a month. Truly absolutely disquisting, it makes me sick. There has to come a time when we the people put an end to the goings on in Washington, when our elected leaders (if we still even have a say in who is elected) start doing what is right for us and for our country and not just for their pocket books. We need to get the elite out of office, make them realize we are citizens and not subjects and by god our voices are going to be heard. I guess though all you can do is shake your head, because i just dont think it is going to change anytime soon.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I full heartedly agree with everything gunner said...
$7.00 a month is truly insulting.
And, honestly, why even bother sending a check, that amount isn't enough to do anything with.

new topics

top topics

join