It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solar system alignment that the mayans predicted??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was and currently am big in the 2012 topic, been researching for about a year and a half, this is almost shocking, the mayans belived that our solar system will come into direct alignment with the center of the milkyway on dec 21 2012, now check this out.
!!!! www.foxnews.com.../space

enjoy!!!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am not sure what you are trying to get at here. Most scientists already knowingly agree with the Mayan conclusion that our solar system will soon line up with the galactic plane, officially on Dec 21 2012. This isn't a new fact of astronomy, its old news. The debate comes from what people think will happen if anything once the solar system is aligned with the galactic plane.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
yea, i know i just found this interesting to see in mainstream media thats all.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah I don't tie this info into the Mayans from what I am reading? anyone else care to assist in explaining?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Yeah I don't tie this info into the Mayans from what I am reading? anyone else care to assist in explaining?

Part of the Mayan prophecy, I believe, is that on Dec. 21, 2012, we will pass through the galactic center of the Milky Way. I think I have that terminology right. Anyway, this report confirms it.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
This isn't a new fact of astronomy, its old news. The debate comes from what people think will happen if anything once the solar system is aligned with the galactic plane.

Uh I read the article and there was numerous suggestions of 'new ideas' regarding alignments and magnetic fields. Furthermore, the story doesn't even concern itself with the idea of what happens next at all.

Mind you I do agree that the main concern is what happens next.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Check out this page. If Dan Eden's theory is scientifically sound, we could be headed for a bunch of trouble.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nothing will happen...

2012 will come and go just like 2000 did when everyone was predicting major disasters...

The Mayans made a calendar and probably just needed a big cosmic event to bring about the end of their long count calendar...

im sure if their culture and way of life hadnt been destroyed they would have started another calendar at some again...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Check out this page. If Dan Eden's theory is scientifically sound, we could be headed for a bunch of trouble.

Those symbols are really cool looking. I'll have to read up on that article later...Anyway, I believe something significant will happen at around the time of 2012. But that's still a few years away. I guess I'm one of those dooms day optimists

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was watching a show about this on history channel.

On Dec 21 2012 Earth will be in alignment with the center of the milkyway and the Sun. Also at the same time Earth will complete a full wobble, yes the earth wobbles.

This event happens every 28,000 years.

The shifting of the poles and its involvement with this event was also discussed on the same show as well as the severity of the Solar Storm that possibly will happen at that time.

Scientists that calculated Sun's rotation to see if the more violent side of the Sun will be in alighment at that time came to the conclusion that this will not be the case. But they all agreed that a Solar Storm is possible.

How big of a solar storm?

Most scientists agree that if a Solar Stom happens with the magnitude similar to a big one from the 1800s (forget the date) it will bring down all our satellite which in turn will kill our entire wireless network.
I forget the other consequences this storm would bring.

Back to the shifting of the poles.
This subject opened up more as the show introduced the possible outcomes of this pole shift, which included shifting of the ocean currents, more powerful and more sever storms (hurricanes, tsunamis, tornados etc), drouts, famine, plague.

I think i covered it all. If i have left something out please add.

Ohh yea... this doesnt mean that all of this will happen on that same day-Dec 21 2012. The alignment will happen..thats a scientific fact. The consequences might happen gradually as time goes on.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by theTRUTHtheWAY]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah I watched the show and I also have been doing many other things lately including research of earth quakes over the past 5 years, and we are seeing more of them. I even went back 10 years just to be safe and there are lots more now then ever before. I am sure something will happen in 2012 just not sure of what yet, but with so many predictions out there you have to wonder which things will happen. I guess its best to just be prepared for it either way.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I actually hope it all ends in 2012. Im tired of the people on this planet, and the system that is put in place to make us all act like greedy hamsters in the money wheel.

Whats the point of it all? The guy with the most stuff when he dies wins? Get a partner and spend all your time focused on yourself and your partner, or your kids?

I dont know... I think its difficult to feel happy some days. It all feels very meaningless since we arent really doing anything worthwhile in the large picture sort of a way.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I actually feel that way alot to, but I have children to think about so therefor I do not give up on this world. So instead of letting life kick me in the butt, I kick life in the butt.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
I actually hope it all ends in 2012. Im tired of the people on this planet, and the system that is put in place to make us all act like greedy hamsters in the money wheel.

Whats the point of it all? The guy with the most stuff when he dies wins? Get a partner and spend all your time focused on yourself and your partner, or your kids?

I dont know... I think its difficult to feel happy some days. It all feels very meaningless since we arent really doing anything worthwhile in the large picture sort of a way.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Copernicus]

Somedays i wake up and ask the same thing...there is no point. but try to make one for yourself, you know. to make your exsistance seem meaningful. the only true thing is. we are.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Egyptians Predicted it Aztecs, The bible, Chinas calender doesn't even go past 2012. Many of the greatest thinkers said it would. And even with the alignment we have at least three big problems at hand. Yellow stone park is a super volcano with enough power to change the global temp and its over do to erupt, The polls are changing last time this happened the flow in the oceans ceased and we had a ice age not to mention the effect the change would have on wildlife and migratory animals. A alignment is all you need I mean who knows what it could do to the tides. Y2k was based on the premise that tech would go haywire and nukes would go off.....

This isn't the same thing this is all very logical and to think its not going to happen is one reason why i want who ever thinks the world will keep on spinning like always to huddle out side come the time.

The only thing that will save us from a ice age is if Yellow stone goes then the temp will drop and the Ocean currents will be saved for another day. So the change wont be as drastic but still momentous with many feet of Hot volcanic ash covering most of the US and blocking out the sun we may yet see a climate changes unlike any modern man has ever seen.

We pretty much have the four horsemen of the apocalypses knocking at our front door and some people treat them like they are collection agents "Oh maybe if we ignore them they will go away""Pretend where not home""So what I didn't payback what i borrowed they shouldn't be here".

There isn't much we can do but the good thing about some of these issues we should know a few months in advance if we need to prepare just enjoy the days we may or may not have left. And live it like theres no tomorrow cuz for most of us there might not be.

Oh and the poll change is linked to the global temp rise which in all our wisdom we are aiding along at break neck pace and you can only stretch a rubber band so far before it snaps in your face. 2012 is in every way a logical point in which hell would break loose. But who knows we may not see it for a year after or ten the point is its going to happen and its becoming more and more apparent that it will be sooner rather then later.

Also heres a 4 horsemen interp for you. Pestilence will brought on by the ice age, or cataclysmic explosion then with the polls changed the birds will migrate all wrong so will other animals that use North and South as a gauge and will most likely die because of it. Not to mention the death of most of our food and plant life which would be Famine not only with food but a decrease in the O % it would be like high altitude. War would ensue from people fighting for recourses since all would now be scarce. Now where would conquest come in? Its happening right now its the conquest of all of us trying to build our selves up to be just a little more comfy by destroying our environment and bringing on our own destruction.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Horizon Project: The Dark Rift

youtube.com...

[edit on 15-3-2008 by kopec]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theTRUTHtheWAY

I saw a similar documentary on the same channel. It was about Nostradamus' Lost Book, the Sun will apparently line up between two constellations, Orion and another one which I cannot remember right now, which shows the Sun is aligned with the centre of the galaxy.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I do have a problem with all of this though what will happen when all the Nuclear plants blow? And yes it will happen. You see I watched on discovery what would happen when all the humans were gone and it was a shocker. But even if we were still here or even a few of us were still here. If the power to the Nuclear plants shut off then there will only be 2 weeks of generator power before the rods will become exposed. So we will still be screwed. Most staets have 2 plants so if all of those go we are so screwed.

Hilda

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
lovely optimism in this thread, jeez why take all the good things out of life by focusing and the most depressing outcome that might never happen. If the world ends in 2012 then it ends, nothing we can do about it, an absolute waste of energy and thought even wondering about it.

Maybe this end of an age could represent the beginning of an even greater one. Or maybe its just the end of their calender its not like they could make one that would last infinitely. My last calender ran out last year, so i got a new one. 2013 i'll be doing the same

top topics

<<   2 >>

join