It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep driving; I think that I did it...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Those stories sound like a pill that induces instant demonic posession or something. Or is it that they just reveal the true nature of the person who take them?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would stay off the Ambien until I was sure what went on.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm going to contact my doctor first thing tomorrow and ask about it.
I was hesitant about taking it in the first place.
That's some crazy stuff though.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Whatever became of this ordeal wu kung? Did the doctor prescribe something different, anymore nite drives? Find out what caused the damage to your vehicle?

Silver

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I noticed that you're mostly wondering what happened to your car. I'm mostly wondering what happened to the thing you (obviously) hit.

Did you check the local papers / police websites for any hit and runs? Seriously, you may have hurt someone and not even know it.

A couple of years ago I switched jobs and had some horrible insomnia. All I could think about all night was learning my new job, how am I being percieved at work, etc etc.

I went to the Dr and got some Ambien. OOOHH, I went right to sleep. I swear, I slept better than I had ever slept.

Couple days later, I get a big box from UPS. I had gone online and bought 6 pairs of pants, 4 (way cool!) purses, some Faaaabulous shoes. All on a credit card. $3500. Oh yeah, I also bought some video games, and I don't even have any kind of game system. I bought some books about "How to succeed at college" and "How to raise potted tomatoes". I'm 35, done with college long ago. Potted tomatoes?? Jeeze

Also, during the week that I took it, I called or emailed everyone in my list. I was so chitty chatty with them (I am told). God how embarrassing. No telling what I said, I swear. Even 2 of my bosses.

I am sure I went to my brother's house down the road. I don't remember, but I've been told I did some pretty weird stuff there.

Ambien, it's a hell of a drug.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
d'uh that sucks.

i made a thread ages ago, see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

driving is just one side effect, others go shoplifting. don't you think it's typical how none of this is mentioned when they prescribe the stuff?

PS: next time you have to take such stuff, chain yourself to your bed and use a complicated number lock, maybe your sleepwalking alter ego won't know the correct combination. /semi jk

[edit on 11.6.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I once worked with a bloke who swore that he once nodded off (through tiredness) whilst riding his motorcycle, his partner woke him up with a slap across the back of his helmet as he started drifting to the near side. Apparently he had no recollection of the cars he passed before he started drifting, meaning he at least nodded off for 30 seconds - that’s scary cos I’ve ridden dog tired before.

I've served a ban for being over the limit (apx 150% over 35 micrograms/100 mm breath - not proud, no accident or dangerous driving thank god, just misjudged the time for alc to leave blood stream and got pulled) but as someone who also rides, driving whilst tired / impaired scares the hell out of me. I've seen some very near misses that I’d put down to lack of concentration (used to do road works) so I think the whole medication / drink / illegal drugs / tiredness and distraction *phew* issue needs addressing again, in this country (UK) during the 70's, apparently, drinking and driving was acceptable as long as the driver was able to drive. Public pressure rightly changed that.

Recently the UK has had a blitz on using mobiles whilst driving – it would be a hell of a lot more complicated to address all the other issues.

As far as sleep driving goes – got no ideas on preventing it other than avoid the medication.

Peace!

[edit on 13/6/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Whatever became of this ordeal wu kung? Did the doctor prescribe something different, anymore nite drives? Find out what caused the damage to your vehicle?

Silver

Well, I haven't been able to get a darn appointment.
Besides, I have been away on vacation and just got back last night.
With all the traveling and time changes, I slept like a baby last night.
Now that I'm home, I'll try my doctor again.

Originally posted by uplander
I noticed that you're mostly wondering what happened to your car. I'm mostly wondering what happened to the thing you (obviously) hit.

Did you check the local papers / police websites for any hit and runs? Seriously, you may have hurt someone and not even know it.

Yeah, I checked around and nothing.
That sucks about your shopping spree, but at least you like the clothes and purses.

Next time I take it, I want my girlfriend there with me so she can keep an eye on me.
She agreed to do it, so it's just a matter of opportunity.

Anyone else have any new information or stories about this?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

Oh, I meant to tell you all (even though there's no one else who's ever gonna read this thread again and there's really no point in saying it, but I'll tell you anyways) that there were no further incidents of sleep behavior that I can tell of.
Although, once I ran out of ambien by doctor wrote a prescription for the generic version.
It turns out that I'm allergic to the generic version.
Highly allergic.
So I stopped taking that too.

But, all in all, my sleep patterns have slowly gotten better and I rarely (if ever) need to take sleep medication anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thats awesome to hear man. Im sure the residents of your neighborhood that park around you are relieved as well....LOLOL ya know im joshin ya.

Glad to see your life has taken a turn for the better.

Good on Ya brotha.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

Thanx man.
Yeah, I haven't collapsed from exhaustion yet...no matter how tempting it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I believe the ads I've seen for Ambien now carry some kind of warning.

Did you ever find out why your car wouldn't start? Did you get the damage repaired?

If not, I wonder if it would be possible to post a picture of the damage. Someone here might recognize the pattern. Sounds like something just about the height of the hood, like a low overhang could fit the pattern.

I wouldn't rule out that someone hit it, though. Did you notice where your keys were that night afterwards? Maybe in an unusual place or still in the ignition?

Thanks for posting. I also get insomnia about four times a year in which I only sleep a couple hours a night for a week or two. So far, no adverse effects from it.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am glad to read you're sleeping patterns have improved wu kung

I have never taken Ambien and don't ever plan to. I have heard only negative things about it, as well as others. I am also thankful for the thread, sharing your experience will only enlighten and educate others

I just sleep when I am tired, work or no work, I can't force myself to and have only ever taken a sleeping aid on planes, and tylenol stuff at that.
None of it is good for us

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Interesting thread.

I believe the ads I've seen for Ambien now carry some kind of warning.

Did you ever find out why your car wouldn't start? Did you get the damage repaired?

No, the car started just fine, but there was that scratch/gash/dent in my front hood and I still haven't fixed it yet.
I'm gonna hammer it out myself, although I don't know why I didn't think to do that earlier (duh!).

If not, I wonder if it would be possible to post a picture of the damage. Someone here might recognize the pattern. Sounds like something just about the height of the hood, like a low overhang could fit the pattern.

Nah, I'd rather not do that.
Besides, nothing has happened since.

I wouldn't rule out that someone hit it, though. Did you notice where your keys were that night afterwards? Maybe in an unusual place or still in the ignition?

Definitely not in the car, but I can't remember if they were in the usual place.
I didn't have any trouble finding them that morning, that much I know for sure.

Thanks for posting. I also get insomnia about four times a year in which I only sleep a couple hours a night for a week or two. So far, no adverse effects from it.

You're welcome.
Thanx for stopping by.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

I can only hope that others can benefit from my experience.
Consequently, that's why I'm also a nutrition major in school.
Speaking of what, if any of you need help in that area, I'd be glad to lend a hand.
(by the way ImJaded, you're going on my friend's list)

reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

So, check this out...
My new doctor thinks I'm stressed out from my schedule (and the nature of my job) so he prescribed Lunesta and an anti-anxiety med.
Yikes!
Everyone else seems to think I'm stressed out, but I don't necessarily feel that way.
Perhaps I just won't admit to myself that I am stressed.
Once I get these scripts filled (it's gonna be a while due to lack of $), I'll update y'all on the effects.
(S1LV3R4D0, you're going into my friends as well...although I can't figure out for the life of me why you're not there in the first place...)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join