It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death = The unraveling of decoherence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We are entangled waves in a state of decoherence. When we die our brains(measuring device) dies but that just means the conscious brain dies but the wave or stream of consciousness still exists. Your brain retrieves and processes information and this information exists independent of your observation. So when you die the reciever(brain) is broken just like when a TV is broken and can't receive a signal but the information exists independent of the reciever.

Memories are just recorded experiences of the decohered brain but the experiences exists independent of the observer of the experience. So happiness, sadness, grief, excitement, Disney Land or Brazil exists wether I experience them or not. These things exist in a waveform independent of our observation. When a wave gets entangled with itself then decoherence and uncertainty sets in and we can experience these things that exists independent of our observation. The brain measures our enviroment but the enviroment exists independent of measurement. This is also showed to be the case in the double slit expereiment. Even when a particle is measured the rest of the wave is still present and just on probable state is measured.

I can think of me being in the Sands with Frank and the Rat Pack and that actually exists in waveform but it isn't a memory because a memory is an observed event but again these events exists outside of observation. Maybe in a parallel universe I'm chillin with Dean, Sammy, Joey, Frank and Peter at the Sands in Vegas. I know it may seem strange but decoherence causes a probable state to be observed and the observers think they are all that exists because they can't measure the the rest of the waveform because it's immaterial to us. When I say immaterial, I mean it's immaterial to the material universe that we can experience but it's still exists and is a form of energy we can't measure like we can't measure virtual particles, dark energy or dark matter.

So when we die the reciever(brain) dies and decoherence unravels but the wave still exists and we are the wave.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
The brain measures our enviroment but the enviroment exists independent of measurement. This is also showed to be the case in the double slit expereiment. Even when a particle is measured the rest of the wave is still present and just on probable state is measured.

Can you prove this? I thought I saw a thread recently that stated that we may not even exist until we observe our existence. Interesting theories anyways. Are you just creating this idea out of nowhere or do you have some sort of scientific evidence to back it up?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That's assuming that quantum computers were not created to download the waveform, creating virual heavens and hells, as I believe that the entity that we call God has done.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

The brain measures our enviroment but the enviroment exists independent of measurement. This is also showed to be the case in the double slit expereiment. Even when a particle is measured the rest of the wave is still present and just on probable state is measured.

Can you prove this? I thought I saw a thread recently that stated that we may not even exist until we observe our existence. Interesting theories anyways. Are you just creating this idea out of nowhere or do you have some sort of scientific evidence to back it up?

We have known about Life after Death for over 100 years. It's just like we knew the earth wasn't flat for years before it was accepted. With life after death it might be tougher because of people's belief systems.

You can go back to Sir William Crookes who was a chemist and physicist who won many academic honors and Sir Oliver Lodge a physicist who invented spark plugs and he worked on wireless telegraph. These men wrote about and showed that we survive after death but again peoples belief systems get in the way and people who are seeking the truth can be ridiculed.

It's simple, a wave can't die it just transitions to another energy state. We are entagled waves in a state of decoherence and the enviroment that we can measure is just part of the wave. We know from the double slit experiment that the wave exists and when it's measured decoherence sets in and one history is observed but the whole wave still exist and we can just sense the part that we can measure.

Our brain is a measuring device and when we die the ego or self dies but the wave still exists. This is why many in religious circles talk about letting go of the ego or denying the flesh or self. The brain is temporary Awareness and when you die it's just a transition to another energy state. We know from the double slit experiment that if this wave is not measured the energy state still exists in the wave it's just not observed.

Life after death happens naturally and the only supernatural thing about it is that we don't fully understand it just like we don't fully understand black holes, dark energy or dark matter. These things are easier to accept because life after death threatens ones belief system.

We also have the Louis deBroglie who showed that matter has a wave-like nature and he won the Nobel Peace Prize for his work in physics and it was later proven by Thomson and Davisson. So we have a wave that doesn't die when we die it just transitions to a different energy state.

It's really simple but those who know the truth are fighting an uphill battle because many in the secular scientific establishment are dogmatic about their views. There is no death just a transition and energy is eternal and has always existed.

Pim Van Lommel a peer reviewed Dr. who wrote about near death experiences said:

LINK

There is a continuous exchange of objective information by means of electromagnetic fields (real photons) for radio, TV, mobile telephone, or laptop computer. We are unaware of the innumerable amounts of electromagnetic fields that constantly, day and night, exist around us and through us as well as through structures like walls and buildings. We only become aware of these electromagnetic informational fields the moment we use our mobile telephone or by switching on our radio, TV or laptop. What we receive is not inside the instrument, nor in the components, but thanks to the receiver the information from the electromagnetic fields becomes observable to our senses and hence perception occurs in our consciousness. The voice we hear in our telephone is not inside the telephone. The concert we hear in our radio is transmitted to our radio. The images and music we hear and see on TV is transmitted to our TV set. The internet is not located inside our laptop. We can receive at about the same time what is transmitted with the speed of light from a distance of some hundreds or thousands of miles. And if we switch off the TV set, the reception disappears, but the transmission continues. The information transmitted remains present within the electromagnetic fields. The connection has been interrupted, but it has not vanished and can still be received elsewhere by using another TV set. Again, we do not realize us the thousands of telephone calls, the hundreds of radio and TV transmissions, as well as the internet, coded as electromagnetic fields, that exist around us and through us.

Could our brain be compared with the TV set that electromagnetic waves (photons) receives and transforms into image and sound, as well as with the TV camera that image and sound transforms into electromagnetic waves (photons)? This electromagnetic radiation holds the essence of all information, but is only conceivable to our senses by suited instruments like camera and TV set.

```````````````````````
Added external tags and a link

[edit on 20/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well polomontana....why would you submit this on science forum?

Science is completely something different...from playing with words.

.....pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo, down to the trademark misuse of the word energy. It is also religion, masquerading as science in a cloying love feast of bogus convergence. // Dawkins

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
HI Polomontana ! You a Michael Roll fan ?

Bluebird: 'Science is completely something different ... from playing with words ? '

Sure, it's playing with theories .... which is another 'word' for 'opinions'.

Polomontana's post IS science. It's as valid as 'M theory', for example.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
When you say “M Theory“ do you mean as in string theory !?

And no science is NOT “playing with theories“... like this ::

polomontana We have known about Life after Death for over 100 years. It's just like we knew the earth wasn't flat for years before it was accepted. With life after death it might be tougher because of people's belief systems.

No, we have NOT known anything about life after death.
What a bold, backed up with nothing statement...

[edit on 20-5-2007 by blue bird]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Dock6, I do like Michael Roll and he has a very good website.

Blue Bird,

Your post reminds me of a quote by Alfred Russel Wallace, a biologist who helped Darwin with his work on natural selection and who believed and accepted spiritualism and mediums said:

I thus learnt my first great lesson in the inquiry into these obscure fields of knowledge, never to accept the disbelief of great men or their accusations of imposture or of imbecility, as of any weight when opposed to the repeated observation of facts by other men, admittedly sane and honest. The whole history of science shows us that whenever the educated and scientific men of any age have denied the facts of other investigators on a priori grounds of absurdity or impossibility, the deniers have always been wrong. Wikipedia

I've laid out scientific evidence that shows that life after death occurs naturally but yet you use words like pseudo-science just like skeptics against ufology use the term little green men because they can't dispute the facts so they appeal to pure cynicism.

We are waves of entangled energy in a state of decoherence and energy can't be created nor destroyed and when we die it's just a transition to another energy state.

I've shown you this with things like the double slit experiment and deBroglie and matter waves. I've also quoted people lik van Lommel and you should read about Sir William Crookes, Sir Oliver Lodge, Alfred Russel, Lord Rayleigh who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his discovery of argon, mathematician Augustus de Morgan and more. These are all well respected scientist who studied life after death in the face of ridicule. Today look at people like Michael Roll, Dean Radin or Dr. Gary Schwartz from the University of Arizona and the Veritas project.

I think some people are just invested in death after death and even in the face of evidence they will appeal to their priori at any and all costs. This is not seeking the truth it's denial in order to placate a pre-existing belief system. Everything in my post is scientific and the term pseudo science is a defense mechanism used by the skeptic in the face of logic.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Could our brain be compared with the TV set that electromagnetic waves (photons) receives and transforms into image and sound, as well as with the TV camera that image and sound transforms into electromagnetic waves (photons)?

Erm, a TV set does not receive photons... It recieves a radio signal, that is "transformed" into image and sound...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The idea of consciousness as something more than purely the physical stuff and common energies as we know them makes more sense to me, one thing i find strange is the fact our bodies are constantly being renewed of both material and energy yet somehow the consciousness that we feel is us is always there, if you get what i mean?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If consciousness is just brainwaves then the brain is the engine creating these brainwaves, if the engine is shut down then there are no more brainwaves. But, if consciousness is it's own self contained force then I see no reason why it wouldn't be transformed to another state of energy upon our matter death. Energy never dies, it's only transformed.

new topics

top topics

join