It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war on terror could take 50 to 100 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Think about it. There are millions of terrorists across the world and at least a dozen state sponsers of terrorism, tens of millions of sypathizers of terrorism who would house and fund terrorist and thousands of goverment officials who fund terrorism and refuse to stop it. The are thousands of terrorists groups in every part of the world. Every war before the war on terrorism has lead up to it. The war on terrorism includes the war on poverty, drugs, facism, dictators, poverty, and extremism of all types.Yet no one seems to realize this. Americans will forget the war on terrorism in a few years after bin laden is captured and Iraq repaired. Iraq and Afghanistan are only the a chip of the ice burg. We can not forgot 9-11, USS. Cole, our embassies in africa, causulties in iraq and afghanistan. Columbia, indonisia, syria, the majority of african nations, southern russia,saudia arbia,Laos, jordon, palestine. Were only getting started.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
" You can't wage a war on an abstract noun. "

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
Americans will forget the war on terrorism in a few years after bin laden is captured and Iraq repaired.

First of all, welcome to ATS.
(Now down to business).
I doubt that very highly. look at all the other terrorist nations that you mentioned and add on Libya, N. Korea, etc. Think about it. Americans will be far from forgetting over the "War on Terror".
Stop me if I'm wrong, but I think the "War on Terror" will last just a bit more than 50-100 years. Just a bit. I mean, The U.S. has never been at peace for more than 20 years since it was formed. "The Sleeping Giant" has never even had a Golden Age, either. My point is, I'm only 12 years old, and I think I'lol already be long dead or cryogenically frozen before the "War on Terror" ends.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
Think about it. There are millions of terrorists across the world and at least a dozen state sponsers of terrorism, tens of millions of sypathizers of terrorism who would house and fund terrorist and thousands of goverment officials who fund terrorism and refuse to stop it. The are thousands of terrorists groups in every part of the world. Every war before the war on terrorism has lead up to it. The war on terrorism includes the war on poverty, drugs, facism, dictators, poverty, and extremism of all types.Yet no one seems to realize this. Americans will forget the war on terrorism in a few years after bin laden is captured and Iraq repaired. Iraq and Afghanistan are only the a chip of the ice burg. We can not forgot 9-11, USS. Cole, our embassies in africa, causulties in iraq and afghanistan. Columbia, indonisia, syria, the majority of african nations, southern russia,saudia arbia,Laos, jordon, palestine. Were only getting started.

I would say war on terror is infinite. The war against Al-Quaida may be finished some time but terrorism is human nature. Even in Germany about 30 years ago the RAF was an active terroristic group. Or think about IRA in Ireland.

Terrorism is mostly the result of oppressed minorties and that's what every country has and probably will ever have. If you think you are oppressed, maybe with violence, you may become a terrorist as well. That doesn't need to be justified but terrorism is just the classic David vs. Goliath replaced with State vs. Minority.

(I am not saying those minorities do right. Minority doesn't mean they represent something good or bad. It is a neutral phrase
)

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
WOW Blitersety 12?? You Rock!!! You're absolutely right. The war never ends my friend

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I've said this before and I'll say it again, terror will last as long as humanity itself.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
He's right the war on terror will never end why, because the Governments will always call people fighting for their freedom terrorist. There will always be people that want a different form of government no matter what that type of government is, and willing to fight and die for it. Hence the term one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
50 to 100 years into the future is a long time from now, which will bring unforeseen changes. It is also very hard to predict if their actually will be a "war on terrorism"--perhaps by then in the future, there will be a new kind of war.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The war on terror is just for making money and make fear amoung americans. If Bush wants to catch Bin Lunden and destroy the his group, he and his parteners can do that in no time. However, he wants Americans to be always in fear and he wants us to think about terrorism other than more important stuff. In other words, Americans and the world has been busied by terrorism so they won't think about any other thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You nailed that down Bangin' the war on terror will never end, until the world is no more.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
until someone breaks the cycle it will continue forever, governments and organisations like CIA and MI5 should stop using terrorism on other countries then they wouldn`t have to relatiate with their terrorism. Its the same from Israel to Ireland. Just you have work back tit for tat right back to find out who cast the first stone. So pretty pointless really.

Money, power and greed are the driving forces behind terror and inbred into humans, its in our nature. If you could earn 1million but could earn loads more.. you would, and if you knew your actions would affect a million people you still would.

As for this current phoney war, well thats partially a bluff to curb peoples rights, freedoms etc.. really ironic that on the one hand the US and UK wants to bring freedom to Iraq but remove freedom from us. Look at all the stuff going on at the mo, barriers, roadblocks in certain areas, checks on people, anyone taking photos are looked to be a threat.. its crazy! and for what??

When we are all brainwashed, non thinking, drooling workers living as slaves the terror will end. Or when the US has invaded every country and installed puppets and open the chain of mcdonalds... which is worse?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
as long as we're here we'll be killing each other, our motives as real to us as they are bizarre to others. WW1 was a family spat

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Now let's all take this time to tank our wonderful president George W. Bush for getting us into this war that many don't want, yet they will be fighting, and that their children will be fighting, and their children's children, and so on. Thanks. Thanks a bunch.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
Now let's all take this time to tank our wonderful president George W. Bush for getting us into this war that many don't want, yet they will be fighting, and that their children will be fighting, and their children's children, and so on. Thanks. Thanks a bunch.

Amen buddy. . .

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That's kind of like waging a war on "evil". Terrorism isn't a country or a group. It's everywhere and can be anyone at any time. Terrorism is the result of something, not the premise. You don't walk around blowing things up BECAUSE you are a terrorist, so you think it's your job. You are LABELED a terrorist after some act, it's merely a judgement. So is the "evil" judgement/label. So I don't go kill little kids and sacrafice them to some entity because I am evil so that's what I do. You can't wage war on evil, and you can't wage war on terrorism. Can you wage war on human nature? How about waging war on love? On good will? Waging war on criminals? What about our purported war on drugs.. that's also nonexistant. Drug transactions are one of the top 5 money-making things on the planet. Anyone who is out for money/power (our government and all its affiliates) will only take advantage of such an opportunity, as they have. Publically of course they will deny it till the end. But who's asking them. O.J. Simpson will deny everything too. You don't ask the guilty party (well you can, but don't expect too much) but instead investigate and find evidence/clues. Our government is guilty as charged. But that doesn't seem to really matter to anyone... let's just sweep all this under the rug and enjoy our "liberty" and "freedom" and beloved Constitution. Let's all be patriotic and scream how much we love USA! Forget the fact that it's a hair away from becoming a fascist police state. Nooo let's not bog ourselves down with "negative" thoughts. Think about love, light, God, and happiness. Let the government take care of everything else, kids. That's how it always seems to work. Why?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

" You can't wage a war on an abstract noun. "

So very very true, remember the war on drugs?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The war on drugs lol. yeh....

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
War on evil! That's right, we're going to eradicate evil in the universe. Saddle up kiddies, yeehaww! "Bring'em on!"

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Terrorism can't be stopped unless it's ROOTS and CAUSES are identified and fixed.

Through DISCUSSION not military action.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
"Terrorism can't be stopped unless it's ROOTS and CAUSES are identified and fixed. "

The only person that can fix it is jesus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join