It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Human Evolution... Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
On the other hand i wouldn't mind having artificial implants that enhance sight etc. It would be pretty cool to be able to zoom in or see in infra red and so on.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Let's just hope the next leap in human evolution doesn't involve larger heads--if head circumference gets any larger, women will have to figure out an entirely new way of giving birth!! The fit is almost too tight as it is!

And I hate to sound pedantic, but Darwin never said we evolved from monkeys. We are not monkeys or descendants of monkeys (even if we do sometimes see monkeys who bear a remarkable resemblance to that annoying guy next door.
Or even worse, to Uncle Fred!)

Humans and monkeys, millions of years ago, shared a common ancestor.

That's all.

Human didn't descend from monkeys, and monkeys haven't descended from us. (With the possible exception of that irritating neighbor and old Uncle Fred, of course.)

We're just very, very distant cousins.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Interesting take on evolution. I said something similar to my biologist friend at work (who recently went super christian.) I find it interesting how a scientist could leave the "fold" and completely stop believing in evolution. I said "we didn't decend from apes, but that we shared a common ancestor. Maybe a shrew like creature millions of years ago. That would put us on similar evolutionary paths.

I think humans will become "neo-humans." We'll integrate so far into our technologies until one couldn't possibly tell where one begins and where technology begins. Maybe even create organic life ourselves that do important jobs for us. Maybe even so far that an outside observer may think our creations are the dominant forms of life on earth.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Telescopic Evolution is an interesting idea

The one idea I have to disagree with on most points in this thread is that people think we will all evolve the same way

I happen to believe that the superrich will take advantage of genetic and technological advancements for themsevles and their children, and that the affluent will take advantage of what they can afford while the poor will continue to exist alongside both the elite neohuman and the middle class neohuman

Its possible that an underclass could unify and try to wipe out the superior neohuman races but that would suggest that anyone rich enough to create their own branch of humanity would not have the resources to defend themselves and their communities

At the same time though I dont see the superior class enslaving the underclass but continuing treating them in the way we do now, in a combonation of exploitation, charity and just ignoring them

Basically my view is that without some sort of great revolution where everyone is made equal in both education and wealth theres no reason to believe that the social dynamics of the world are going to change very much even with increased technology or a unified earth goverment

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join