It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars getting closer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With all the talk of watching the big bang, unstoppable disasters, the countdown to Feb , ect..., I feel like something big is gonna happen. If somethinig is happening like a black-hole, planet X, Earth getting nailed by another body, or the universe collapsing, ect... Our first sign would be the stars and planets behaving erratically.
Last night with the almost full moon out I looked up at Saturn and could almost make out the rings with my naked eye. It is scary to think that the possibilities of a Biblical Scale apocolypse is real, although chances are slim, it is still very real.

There is a lot we do not know about each planets orbit and if it is a delicate balance that holds our existance into place. I am praying for the best and wish others would join me, that is all we can do to protect our selves.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was thinking that myself the other week. I saw a huge bright star and figured it must still be Mars, but that's meant to be going away now, yet it doesnt seem to be. Is it just me that sees this?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I bet thai if something BIG happened, we would know of it. You seem to have "telescopic" sight

There is a lot we do not know about each planets orbit and if it is a delicate balance that holds our existance into place.
This has been mathematically counted, the orbits are always known, that's what astronomy is all about, isn't it?

I am praying for the best and wish others would join me, that is all we can do to protect our selves.
If something like the armageddon started, you know that there is nothing we could do about it.

And I thought that everyone knows there is nothing like the great collapse going to happen
Stars are most stable bodies... and that has fascinated humanity always.
It is also certain that when our star will die or the universe's heat death will come our civilisation will be no more.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
With all the talk of watching the big bang, unstoppable disasters, the countdown to Feb , ect..., I feel like something big is gonna happen. If somethinig is happening like a black-hole, planet X, Earth getting nailed by another body, or the universe collapsing, ect... Our first sign would be the stars and planets behaving erratically.
Last night with the almost full moon out I looked up at Saturn and could almost make out the rings with my naked eye. It is scary to think that the possibilities of a Biblical Scale apocolypse is real, although chances are slim, it is still very real.

There is a lot we do not know about each planets orbit and if it is a delicate balance that holds our existance into place. I am praying for the best and wish others would join me, that is all we can do to protect our selves.

Its funny how NASA can send a probe to Mars without hitting Planet X on the way,

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That "star" yall are talking about is Saturn.
www.space.com...

Venus is estreemly bright this time of year also. Mars was closest it has ever been in a long time.
www.usatoday.com...

They are simply following the natural orbit and the "wobble" of that orbit that occurs evey so often.
Kinda like Haleys comet when it comes around..

seds.lpl.arizona.edu...

It's OK guys the planets aren;t getting any closer than they need to.

I was under the impression that "Planet X" was supposed to be PAST pluto and only approached earth every few millenia or so..but I may be wrong

Have a funny day

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

I was under the impression that "Planet X" was supposed to be PAST pluto and only approached earth every few millenia or so..but I may be wrong

Have a funny day

According to Nancy, Planet X, is just "around the corner"

zetatalk.com...

zetatalk.com...

zetatalk.com...

zetatalk.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looks like there are several different opinions on this matter (isn't there always?
)

Here is a quote and the link for the rest of the article.

By Kenneth Chang
ABCNEWS.com
Oct. 7 - Astronomers may have found hints of a massive, distant, still unseen object at the edge of the solar system - perhaps a 10th planet, perhaps a failed companion star - that appears to be shoving comets toward the inner solar system from an orbit 3 trillion miles away.

hometown.aol.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Cheers for the links Netstorm, that's solved that mystery for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, thank you for the kudos, I don;t know about me helping solve any mystery, I just enjoy researching the item and offering different views on the subject.

have a funny day

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Planets aren't getting closer. Newton's laws haven't been repealed.

Planet X is a fake. It's been "coming and bringing doom and will show up in telescopes anytimenow!" for about the last 3 years. It's still not there and it's still a fake.

The universe is expanding (remember, this was a news story last year) and as far as we know will expand forever (the scenario is called "heat death")

new topics

top topics

join