It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forbidden Teaching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Throughout our history, there have been many great teachers. Holy men and women. Religions have been installed around their words. However, those who inherited these religions, sought to have power, and forcefully manipulated and taught those original lessons in a manner that would ensure their agenda was pushed, and their power would grow.

Religion is not being spiritual. Religion is mostly about control of those who seek answers. They manipulate the "Truth" so that they can gain power, and have things their way.

All of those great teachers had a single lesson. Just one. They may have used parables, they may have performed wonderous feats to get the point across. But they all shared a single lesson. This one teaching, if followed would lead one to develop a greater understanding of God than any book or institution could convey, even if well-intentioned.

Are you ready for this teaching?

"Do as I do, and ye shall be as I am."

Let me repeat myself.

"Do as I do, and ye shall be as I am."

You may ask "Then why does the bible not say that, even once, if it is so important?" It says it constantly. But not in those words. For several reasons.

#1 Religion manipulated the information so that people would go looking for God in their churches/temples, not WITHIN.

#2 It is the undelying theme of every holy text.

#3 It is not easy to grasp for many people, so instead of saying it in 11 words, it was fleshed out in say 11 thousand.

Let me use Jesus. He is the teacher most well known in the western world.

He was not afraid to do things that would threaten his life ie starting trouble with the religious authorities. - Strength

He would spend most of his days with the dregs of society, and heal even the lowest. - Compassion

He would take a stand for those who lacked the strength to do it themselves. - Justice

When he was unable to heal a little boy, he stated truthfully that the child did not want to live, and that it was not in his power to force him to live. - Truth, Humility

He was certain that things would turn out according to God's will. - Faith

Jesus, and many other teachers, they embodied Virtue. These Virtues are what brought Jesus a great connection and understanding of God. Not a miraculous birth. Focus on the lessons within each story, not the stories themselves!

Religion has manipulated the message to be about seperation church attendance=faith. Not at all! Act as your own Priest, and develop these Virtues yourself! These are the qualities of God, and when they drive your life, you will truely come to understand God. You will truely be as The Father.

God in his infinate wisdom would realize that the teachings would be manipulated, and there would be many different perspectives on Truth. This is how there is variance from Catholic to Protestant, and even greater variance from religion to religion.

The Truth is within the Virtues taught from story to story, not the story themselves. Not the edict of church. Words are not divinely inspired. That's why church teachings vary so much from branch to branch.

Every religion, at it's core teaches these Virtues. All of the rest is manipulation by authorities for power.

While I do not believe in an old dude on a throne who lives in the sky, I do believe that God exists within all of us, and all we see around us. We all contribute to the collective, which is God. Seek the truth!

Do not fear death, do not hate, or exclude people. Do not misrepresent yourself. Live with Virtue as your guide, and you will know God.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nice post Grey Swordsman.

I like how you have broken out the Virtues; each of us can aspire to those.

It's very true that if people aspired to be like those they claim to follow, it would bring out the best in them.

Recently I read this:

"The three first principles of wisdom--
Obedience to the laws of God;
Concern for the good of mankind;
And bravery in sustaining all the accidents of life."

Another version:

"To worship the gods;
To do no evil;
And to exercise fortitude."

The third principle, on bravery was explained thus:

"For three reasons ought a man to hazard his life, and to lose it, if necessary: in seeking for truth; in clinging to justice; and in performing mercy."

These were the principles of the Druids as recorded by different Roman authors.

I just thought that these principles support your commonality suggestion and fit nicely within what you have outlined as virtues:

Strength
Compassion
Justice
Truth
Humility
Faith

"Do as I do, and ye shall be as I am" is a wonderful lesson, and the virtues are ignored for the most part, for the reasons you've stated in your post, by those who seek power over others - either on a large scale, or even on a small day-to-day scale on a one-to-one level.

Nebankh

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Nebankh]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Only covers Compassion.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebankh
Nice post Grey Swordsman.

I like how you have broken out the Virtues; each of us can aspire to those.

It's very true that if people aspired to be like those they claim to follow, it would bring out the best in them.
[edit on 19-5-2007 by Nebankh]

There are infact, other virtues. Patience, Prudence, Temperance, Hope, Charity, Gratitude etc. I just highlighted some of the more common, easier to explain ones.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
no, no, no, no, no!!!!!

The Bible does say that!

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV) (emphasis mine)

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
no, no, no, no, no!!!!!

The Bible does say that!

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV) (emphasis mine)

Fair enough. That is one quote from one section. I'm sure if you wanted, you may possibly be able to bring up other instances where it is written. However. That is not one of the sections of the bible that I've seen stressed to any degree by any denomination.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
no, no, no, no, no!!!!!

The Bible does say that!

Fair enough. That is one quote from one section. I'm sure if you wanted, you may possibly be able to bring up other instances where it is written. However. That is not one of the sections of the bible that I've seen stressed to any degree by any denomination.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
Throughout our history, there have been many great teachers. Holy men and women. Religions have been installed around their words. However, those who inherited these religions, sought to have power, and forcefully manipulated and taught those original lessons in a manner that would ensure their agenda was pushed, and their power would grow. [\quote]

Religion is not being spiritual.

Religion means re-ligare or re join ....God,who is all spiritual!

Jesus and other messengers of God,all come down to this planet to teach us how to go back to the spiritual world,instead of staying in this material world,full of miseries and problems.

The material universes,consisting of billions of universes,inhabited by living entities of differnt kinds,are places of misery,temporary,and ultimately to be destroyed,without distinction.

Such knowledge ,however,is not all related inthe Bible,but in Vedic scriptures,the Vedas.Jesus most probably went to India,as his earthly activities from 15-30 yrs are unknown.He is also believed to have been in essene sect,vegetarian and pure living.

To live a pure life ,devoid of violence,is prerequisite for entering the spiritual world,described as a place where animals and humans live in peace together.So,training is required to get back this non-violent mentality,and Jesus did instruct about this,but later,the Roman Empire overtook His Name and turned it into a state religion,forcing everyone to become christians,and killing all opposition!Present christianity is the result!And still sending bombs to kill and convert.

vaticanassassins.org
essene.net...
christianveg.com...

e

[edit on 9-6-2007 by govindas]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You people just don't get it do you...

Jesus was not primarily a teacher at all.
Rather he came to be a relgious sacrifice; at the right place and the right time.

Jesus is completely man- of that there can be no doubt whatsoever as his geneology is on the first page of the New Testament and all claims made about him as far as being a King or a promised King rest upon the accuracy and validity of his geneology and his human birth.
Therefore as a complete and perfect son of Adam he inherits more than any man has done before or since the rights and authority that God gave to Adam (that is why demons can be cast out and sent off the earth in the name/authority of Jesus as he carries the complete authority to tell out of space beings to leave the earth where they do not belong)

Jesus is completely God as somehow or other (Satan still has not worked this one out) in his son placed his full and complete authority.

Even if a person has no knowledge at all of anything of the teaching of Jesus they can enter into God's salvation in accepting the sacrifice that Jesus has performed on behalf of that believer.

Quite simple really and I am suprised that you have not understood this matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
From years of research from different spiritual and religious systems from around the world I have seen an underlying theme of wisdom preached by the sages of old.

Truth - You must dedicate your life in the pursuit of Truth.

Humility - Realizing ***'s ultimate superiority over all and humbling yourself.

Compassion - Understanding the impermanence and pains of the world are shared by everyone. Golden role applies here.

Ego - You must learn how to disattach your Ego from your consciousness so you're left with simple pristine awareness.

These 4 set the path for inner-realization and eventually a connection to the God Force or whatever it's to be called.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul NZ
You people just don't get it do you...

Jesus was not primarily a teacher at all.
Rather he came to be a relgious sacrifice; at the right place and the right time.

I wonder if you're the type of Christian that would dismiss all the other doctrines that were suppressed during Christianity's early formation. Sorry if that sounds aggressive, I have just talked to so many Christians that Only consider the KJV as worth, seldom read the Old Testament, and even more rarely read the other gospels or various texts. Have you ever read The Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Phillip, Gospel of Mary or the Gospel of Truth? Have you read and compared the differences between the Old Testament and the KJV? Ever wondered why, if the purpose of the KJV was just to modernize the bible, so much was changed and/or taken out?

Jesus is completely man- of that there can be no doubt whatsoever as his geneology is on the first page of the New Testament and all claims made about him as far as being a King or a promised King rest upon the accuracy and validity of his geneology and his human birth.

The more new the testament the further from the origin of the Truth it becomes. Naturally it deviates further from the original message. So you should read all relevant texts in pursuit of that Truth.

Even if a person has no knowledge at all of anything of the teaching of Jesus they can enter into God's salvation in accepting the sacrifice that Jesus has performed on behalf of that believer.

If one has "no" knowledge of Christ and his teachings then how can one accept Jesus's sacrifice? Makes no sense. I hope you can shed some light on that?..

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloak and Dagger
I wonder if you're the type of Christian that would dismiss all the other doctrines that were suppressed during Christianity's early formation. Sorry if that sounds aggressive, I have just talked to so many Christians that Only consider the KJV as worth, seldom read the Old Testament, and even more rarely read the other gospels or various texts. Have you ever read The Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Phillip, Gospel of Mary or the Gospel of Truth?

Actually, Irenaeus chose many of the New Testament books. He was trained by Polycarp, who was trained by the Apostle of Jesus Christ, John. With this in mind, Irenaeus was very well suited to know exactly what the intended message of Christ was, and he worked very hard to remove the incorrect teachings of Gnosticism, which crept into the message of the Gospel. As a matter of fact, Irenaeus most famous work is Adversus Haereses (Against Heresies), which specifically dealt with the incorrect doctrine of the Gnosis. So these books were left out for good reason, they have nothing to do with the Christian Religion. Even still though there is nothing prevent you, me, or anyone from reading them.

Have you read and compared the differences between the Old Testament and the KJV?

The Old Testament is based on the Greek Septuagint, and was not modified at all by Christians. It can still be checked back against ancient versions, such as those of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Samaritan Pentateuch, and it holds its intended message very well.

Ever wondered why, if the purpose of the KJV was just to modernize the bible, so much was changed and/or taken out?

What was supposedly taken out?

The more new the testament the further from the origin of the Truth it becomes. Naturally it deviates further from the original message. So you should read all relevant texts in pursuit of that Truth.

Yes, some of the newer translations do tend to get a bit further from the true message. That is why most Christians use the KJV Bible, despite the fact it’s a bit more difficult to understand for must folks. It is the closest to the intended message without the reader having to learn Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

top topics

join