It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two new drawings from Gazrok

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Recently, I completed two drawings in a week (which was a first for me, hehe...) Both ladies were part of my college learning team, and both got married a couple of weeks ago, so I did these as partial wedding presents.

Not the best photos of these, a little blurry, but workable.

source image:

source image:

By the way, most of us graduated then too, and I'm now on my way for my Master's (MBA), woo hoo!

For those who don't know, the materials I use are vellum (strathmore bristol board), a kneaded rubber eraser (important), and artist pencils (such as HB, 2B, 4B, 6B, and Ebony pencils).

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Figgin unbelievable! I've always been convinced that Acting, Plumbing, Carpentry, Accounting etc. none of those are truely a skilled crafted. They all can be learned within a few months. But, people that draw and sketch or even airbrush, now that is a true skill that takes an unbelievable amount of time to perfect.

Here is a drawing of me petting my cat! I think I have a long ways before I even have a clue of what I'm doing.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Art may involve talent, but practice is needed as well. For example, only a year ago, these would have taken me almost twice as long... And years ago, I could never do them... I did a LOT of still life drawing in High School, to really understand shading, light, etc. Practice is always the key, and of course, genuinely enjoying the creation process....

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i wish i had least half the talent you do
my pictures are worst then that of my 6 year old niece

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
awesome work!!!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Bravo Gaz.. Bravo....

Do you take requests?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sure do, actually...
home.tampabay.rr.com...

Though most remain as simply gifts to family and friends...I do the occassional commission.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
you're pretty damned talented gazrok! Got any aliens for us?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I drew them (aliens) a couple of times, will have to see if I can dig one of them up. It's packed away in the storage room, so will need to brave the bins...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
awesome gazrok! thats some nice work

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Those were some pretty realistic drawings there Gazrok,I draw in that form once in a while but I'm strictly a cartoonist.It's nice to see other people that are talented on ATS/BTS to be able to just see there art and comment on it.Hope your busy doing more images to show us,see ya later.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've been drawing since I could lift a crayon, I love to draw, and now its mostly just comic strips I draw. I find you can really get great ideas for funny scenarios whilst under the influence.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not in anyway telling anyone under the legal age of majority to go out and do this, but doing this you have chosen to do so by your own free will. I will not be held responsible.

If theres one thing I've learned aswell its to disclaim anything you do, that way if someone else tries it, then they cant blame it on you.

Drink responsibly!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As always I love to see your work, Gaz you rock !

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks all. I just finished a room mural over the holiday week... I should say my wife and I, as she's a tremendous help.

I draw in the things to go on the wall, she paints the base colors, then I go in and do shading, detail, etc. She's actually taken on some of the detail work too...

I should have some pics to post of it soon, hopefully over the weekend. My buddy's been dragging his feet for two years on the idea, and we finally green-lighted it and did it. He wanted an undersea mural with dolphins, a manattee, and lots of Nemo characters, etc. for his little girl's room. Over 50 manhours later, and it's finally done!

It came out pretty nice, so can't wait to share the pics with everyone. I've even been looking into possibly making a side business out of it. Still in the research stage, but low start-up cost, and good profit potential...just difficult to price and forecast earnings, etc.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am inspired thankyou for the wonderful art. You are very talented.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Impressive Gazrok!! Your skill with an ebony medium is outstanding!!
Did you use a blending stub aswell with these pieces?
Good work man! I get half way threw one of those and mess it up with my dirty hands!! You have to be so careful when doing pencile blends like that, its easy to get yourself a few hand and finger prints!!
Your where flawless!!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I just use my finger for blending. The trick is the kneaded rubber eraser. It cleans up smudges beautifully. Also, working from one corner and then out to the rest of the piece helps.

top topics

join