It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

useful survival tool everyone needs....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
an old tennage staple.....the ye old potato gun. it can be used for alot of diffent things....defense, flares, small game hunting[to a degree] and there is a way to fire moltov cocktails out of one....my friend did that one to kill an dead tree full of bees. but if you can think of any other reasons write them down

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If your looking for gear lists and discussion check out the NWO Survival Planning thread, its got a lot of great information. There are several lists of items on the first page or two worth of posts, and after that if I recall correctly its mostly discussion of techniques and theaters of operation, with a bit of philosophy tossed in for taste.

As for a spudgun I would highly advise against it as a survival tool for the simple fact that they can be quite unstable and dangerous if not properly constructed. Another drawback to them is that PVC pipe becomes brittle in the cold and will explode into sharp shards if used in a cold-weather spud shot. That and of course the painfully slow reload time make it ill suited to any important task such as defense or hunting for food.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wasn't sure what to make of your idea...in my mind I had a picture of you with a squeeze-pop-gun trying to hunt animals with little potato slugs

Perhaps your idea would make an ideal urban defensive weapon...12x beer bottle molotovs loaded into a 3x4 (or other arrangement) of PVC drain/gas pipe tubing and launched by compressed air would make a formidable DIY Nebelwerfer

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
what my buddy did was cut an 8 inch cylider of thick foam to fit tightly into the barrel and cut it in half....then he cut a hole half way through it....stuck in the cocktail and laoded in his assembly in his gun and lit the rag in the top with a stick and a perlit rag in the barrel [to avoid accidenetal exploding during loading] and shot it out at the tree and the foam split off as it left the barrel....he did a few aiming shots at first...which angered the bees alot but it worked. so i suppose on a larger target [munitions truck being bigger than a stump] a good shot anf pwooof the whole thing is up in smoke

new topics

top topics

join