It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police patrol city after Indian mosque bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Police patrol city after Indian mosque bombing

www.irishexaminer.com

Police patrol city after Indian mosque bombing :: latest

Hundreds of police in riot gear were on duty today throughout the mostly deserted streets of Hyderabad, hoping to prevent anger over a mosque bombing from sparking more of the religious violence that has plagued the southern Indian city.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
What is happening in the world?
Death and fighting and terrorism everywhere.
Is this what the war on terrors legacy is.
This bogus war on terror has done nothing but produce civil unrest all over the world. It is starting to reap what it has sown.
If the U.S was responsible for 9/11, what it has done to the rest of the world in the last 7 years is unforgivable.
What must be asked is, if 9/11 never happened and the U.S. didnt start its "war on terror" would the world be a safer place today?
Yes i think so. They have managed to create more "terrorists" than there ever would of been.
The hatred they have generated against the west is world destroying.

www.irishexaminer.com

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play

What is happening in the world?
Death and fighting and terrorism everywhere.
Is this what the war on terrors legacy is.
This bogus war on terror has done nothing but produce civil unrest all over the world. It is starting to reap what it has sown.
If the U.S was responsible for 9/11, what it has done to the rest of the world in the last 7 years is unforgivable.
What must be asked is, if 9/11 never happened and the U.S. didnt start its "war on terror" would the world be a safer place today?
Yes i think so. They have managed to create more "terrorists" than there ever would of been.
The hatred they have generated against the west is world destroying.

www.irishexaminer.com

There has been religious extremism since humans have been on earth. Humans have fought wars since they have been on earth. The difference now is that we have more technology and more people.

Did you forget India and Pakistan fought three major wars in the past 60 years? How about the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan? The Iran-Iraq War?
The Lebenese Civil War? The Yemeni Civil War? The Sudanese Civil War? War in the Horn of Africa? I could go on and on, but my point is 9-11 wasnt the beginning.

Before 9-11 and before Gulf War 2, the world had been as messed up as it is now. World War 2? World War 1? The Cold War? The Napoleonic Wars? The Chinese Civil War? The American Civil War? Just to name a few.

You can go all the way back to the first recorded battle in history between the Canaanites and Egypt at Megiddo. I fear thats where the last recorded battle in history may be as well. Megiddo is also known as Armageddon.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I take your point, i also realize this. I have a History degree.
My point is that 9/11 begat " the war on terror" and in my opinion the war on terror has just created breeding grounds for thousands of terrorists that may never of become that if not for the U.S.
I believe they have purposely created terrorists so that it can achieve its military goals.
The big difference today of course is the weapons and new technology that is in use.
Americas WMDs are more deadly than anything we have ever seen, and in the hands of people that are able to create a " new pearl harbour" is the biggest danger the world is facing today.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

My point is that 9/11 begat " the war on terror" and in my opinion the war on terror has just created breeding grounds for thousands of terrorists that may never of become that if not for the U.S.
I believe they have purposely created terrorists so that it can achieve its military goals.
The big difference today of course is the weapons and new technology that is in use.
Americas WMDs are more deadly than anything we have ever seen, and in the hands of people that are able to create a " new pearl harbour" is the biggest danger the world is facing today.

9-11 resulted in the American "War on Terror" but the terrorists started their Jihad long before we got directly involved. The fall of the Ottoman Empire and European Colonialism in the Middle East helped begin this Jihad. The Arab-Israeli Wars fueled it even more. America's foreign policy in the Middle East helped shape it as well, from putting the Shah in power in Iran to supporting Israel in the 1973 Yom Kippur war.

This resulted in two major events. Egypt, the leader of the Arab world at the time making peace with Israel and the Iranian Revolution. Sadat was killed by extremists and a power vacuum arose as other Arab nations failed to follow Egypt's lead. Iran helped fuel the civil war in Lebanon resulting in the birth of Hezbollah. Two other major events in the timeline are the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the rise of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. Saddam hoped to replace Egypt as the Arab world's leader. He began the Iran-Iraq war. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan helped organize with American help the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan against the Soviets. The Intifada in Israel was another major step. Almost all of this happend in the 1980s.

Terrorist groups have grown exponentially since the 1970s. They have been primarily violent political tools against Western influence. Hezbollah scored "victories" against France, America, and Israel from their point of view in the Lebenese civil war. The Mujihadeen scored victory against the Soviet Union.

George H.W. Bush realized the need for a strategic US military presence in the Middle East and the Gulf War was the realization of that. We prevented Iraq from filling Egypt's vaccuum. Much of this was a reaction to the rise of Iraq, Iran, and the 1973 Oil Crisis.

The situation is like dominos. We do something the middle east reacts. They do something we react. It has been going back and forth like this since the end of World War 1. 9-11 was the culmination of this "game".

Now America is directly involved in the Jihad. The UK and France have played this game before in the Middle East and North Africa. In modern times the Mujihadeen have much better weapons than what they used against Britain and France. They have the News Media and the Internet more powerful than any gun or bomb. This has given them the ability to grow and gain support beyond most people's expectations.

Things are not going to get better. America could leave Iraq and the Middle East would explode as Sunnis, Shiites, Kurds, Turks, and Israelis go to war. If we stay things will be bad as long the war continues to progress at its current rate. Its a no win situation.

That is history. Crap gets slung back and forth until finally all hell breaks loose. Things wont get better till then. Sadly they wont stay better. They never do. Human history is just one period of war and suffering to the next.

America did help create some terrorist to achieve its goals. The Mujahadeen in Afghanistan in the proxy war against the Soviets. The Kurdish groups in Iraq.

The modern terrorists though are a reaction to history, more of a Frankenstein's monster not part of some secret American plot. It would be nice to imagine a world where America is able to pull off conspiracies like that, but sadly the people that form foreign policy in this nation are a naive and bumbling.

If were not careful we'll end up like the UK, France, or Russia. A former great power.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

India has a LONG history of religious/ethnic violence dating well before 2001. Surely you realize this, having a history degree and all.

Consider the Golden Temple, a Sikh holy site, and the locale for numerous terrorist acts, from both Sikhs, their neighbors, and the Indian Government:

Operation Black Thunder
Operation Blue Star

Surely the bad ole USA had nothing to do with sectarian violence in India which predates not only the current "war on terror," but the US of A itself, by 400 YEARS ?!?

It the USA responsible for anti-government uprisings in Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram and Tripura?

Even when anti-government forces in Nagaland signed a cease-fire with the government, representatives from neighboring states demanded that the government scrap the cease-fire and go back to waging war on its own people. That was in June of 2001, three months before 9-11. But I'm sure George Bush is responsible for that, as well?

Was Indira Ghandi's assasination somehow caused by George Bush??? in 1984???

And even in the wake of 9-11 . . . Look at the bombings in New Delhi in 2005. Perpetrated by Islamic Inquilab Mahaz, they learned their techniques from Al Qaeda, but their GOAL has been in place since 1948 - create more muslim states on the subcontinent by ripping india apart. Did they attack US interests in New Delhi? No, they attacked on the verge of a Hindu and Sikh holy day, to kill as many non-muslims as possible.

But, if a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one there to hear it, then then tree must have been felled in response to American imperialism.

I deny that bit of ignorance, and invite you to, as well.

India is a hotbed of revolution and religious strife.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
im getting worried about this site.
I have only been a lurker for a couple of years, but recently there seems to have been a shift, that is why i have joined.
The deflection you use is classic, insinuate the other person means something else when they clearly dont, the last post reminds me of Guilliani having a pop at Paul the other night.
I have no problem admitting i am ex secret service.
But dont feed me your bull#.
This site has deteriorated very quickly in the last 6 months.
I mean who are some of you trying to kid, trying to convince ATSers that the official 9/11 story is true, some dodgy attempted Catherdering that failed.

Anyway , back to the thread, my point is 9/11 has breeded terrorists.
Like it or loathe it, it is undeniable, yes terrorism and violence has always existed in the world, but the bullcrap of Americans saying that they are doing things in peoples best interests is disgusting, your country is run by dispicable liars and thieves that should all be arrested for war crimes

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The deflection you use is classic, insinuate the other person means something else when they clearly dont,

I'm not insinuating anything about you. But I may be about to start.

Didn't you say that the upsurge in violence was caused by Americans and 9-11, and then go on to use an example from . . . India?

I have no problem admitting i am ex secret service.

Well. that's one of us, anyway.

Which secret service did you ex? The implication was it was American. In a little bit you imply that you're not an american.

But dont feed me your bull#.

Don't swear at me. It's the refuge of the inarticulate. If you were a lurker for months, you'd know that mods don't like it.

Which BS? The facts of India's centuries-long struggle with terrorism? Or the fact that the USA doesn't really interest itself in India's internal politics?

trying to convince ATSers that the official 9/11 story is true,

I have no interest in convincing you of anything. In fact, my interest in conversing with you is whithering with each post. But let's suppose for a second that it isn't true. If the US caused 9-11 itself, then where did the terrorists of India and Spain and England come from? If they were just waiting for American to start things, then the terrorists must have been pretty violent to begin with. And if they are not inherently violent, then why are they blowing things up in India? If they are mad at the US, why haven't they attacked again? I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that the terrorists there have a beef with the Indian government, and more specificially with sikhs and Hindus.

but the bullcrap of Americans saying that they are doing things in peoples best interests is disgusting, your country is run by dispicable liars and thieves that should all be arrested for war crimes

emphasis added

Gee, you no longer sound like secret service.

new topics

top topics

join