It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible Hitler survived?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Im opening this thread to debate whether or not Hitler could have survived and escaped to Argentina as some theories claim. Or to the moon as other theories claim.

Personally i think its more than possible. We already know of Project Paperclip, which was used to bring German scientist and others over to America. What if there was another undiscovered program to remove the political and military leadership to safe locations?

Any opinions are welcome.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think it's perfectly possible, if not even more likely than the official account of his bunker suicide... as I pointed out in this thread less than an hour ago...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some more info here, checkable statements etc.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

"In 1952, Dwight D. Eisenhower said: "We have been unable to unearth one bit of tangible evidence of Hitler's death. Many people believe that Hitler escaped from Berlin."

When President Truman asked Joseph Stalin at the Potsdam conference in 1945 whether or not Hitler was dead, Stalin replied bluntly, 'No.'

Stalin's top army officer, Marshall Gregory Zhukov, whose troops were the ones to occupy Berlin, flatly stated after a long thorough investigation in 1945: "We have found no corpse that could be Hitler's."

The chief of the U.S. trial counsel at Nuremberg, Thomas J. Dodd, said: "No one can say he is dead."

Major General Floyd Parks, who was commanding general of the U.S. sector in Berlin, stated for publication that he had been present when Marshall Zhukov described his entrance to Berlin, and Zhukov stated he believed Hitler might have escaped.

Lt. Gen. Bedell Smith, Chief of Staff to Gen. Eisenhower in the European invasion and later Director of the CIA, stated publicly on Oct. 12, 1945, "No human being can say conclusively that Hitler is dead."

Col. W.J. Heimlich, former Chief, United States Intelligence, at Berlin, stated for publication that he was in charge of determining what had happened to Hitler and after a thorough investigation his report was: "There was no evidence beyond that of HEARSAY to support the THEORY of Hitler's suicide." He also stated, "On the basis of present evidence, no insurance company in America would pay a claim on Adolph Hitler."

Nuremberg judge Michael Mussmanno said in his book "Ten Days to Die," "Russia must accept much of the blame [to the extent that it still exists] that Hitler did not die in May 1945."

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Arthur, welcome to ATS.

That is a very well presented post. Thank you for your input. I think it weighs heavily towards hitler surviving the Battle of Berlin.

But what do you propose he did with the rest of his life?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
HE could of, easily.. those doubles looked convincing.
But afterwards?
Himmler was captured while acting as a refuge... hitler wouldnt be hard to spot in a refuge camp.. especially when the german refugees considered him higher than good.. .oh the great fuhrer....

Even his secretaries account he was drifting further and further into maniac depression towards his end...

I reacon he killed himself.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
if one considers how America was enthralled with Nazis and their technology, it's not impossible that Hitler was part of Operation Paperclip and set up home in Montana! the point is, this event occured almost 100 years ago. atleast nearly 70 years ago. we didn't have camera phones and first hand accounts like we do nowadays. for all we know, what we're told in history books is made up. obviously, 99% is true but there is always that 1%.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Great Post

Ive often wondered if Hitler could of indeed fled Berlin and lived out his days in exile somewhere.

But where?

My guess is South America or Antarctica. I read a very interesting article over in Nexus Magazine detailing British and American attempts to find out about a Nazi Expedition to Antarctica in 1938 to find sites to establish a base.

heres the article

Article

The Article goes on to speculate that Operation Highjump was designed to eradicate the Nazi base on antarctica, Just maybe Hitler was hiding out there till he thought things had calmed down enough to move on?

IF the Nazis did indeed have a base on Antarctica, it would of been the perect place for Hitler to escape to.

Of course this is all just my opinion, but the whole article is worth a read

[edit on 5/19/2007 by ukmicky1980]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, considering thta his body was never found and it is claimed that his body was conveniently "burned," I suppose it's possible. Of course, he is no longer with us now. He was in his mid-50s during WW2.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just imagine if he came out of the woodwork now,he would be old but what a story he would tell.
I've heard the suicide stories and other theories of argentina but my guess is his punishment for being so evil was living his life in solitude on his own not being able to speak of his past

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Of course if he's still alive, he's heading towards the Worlds Oldest Ex-Dictator record now.

If he shaved off the mo, and redid his hair style, he could have easily escaped unnoticed. Opened up a Subway franchise in suburban Buenos Aires, and lived a quiet life of sandwich making.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I always thought that he probably survived, and went to live somewhere else! He had the connections to do that. Where do you think he lived after WWII? Argentina, Mexico, India, China, Nepal? It is definitely an interesting concept!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hitler meditating in a Buddhist temple in the mountains of Nepal?
Attempting to remove the inevitable Very Bad Karma upon him.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Blueangel, it has been rumored that Hitler lived out his remaining days in Brazil. Now, I don't know if that has been verified or if it ever could be verified, but it was certainly rumored at one point in time.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
From Here

It's my opinion that Hitler and Eva did commit suicide.

His Reich and Germany itself was in shambles. He was a drug addict,
thanks to his good doctors ministerings, and Berlin was taken by the
Allies.
His "uber-technology" was in the hands of the then-USSR, and the Allies.

What exactly would be gained by spiriting him away ?

His drug-induced paranoia and the reality made his choice clear, in my
opinion.

Better death, than capture.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

What exactly would be gained by spiriting him away ?

I don't think anyone is making the argument that any of the allied forces "spirited him away."

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
SoT,
Sorry if I was unclear.

I didn't mean the Allies "spiriting" him away.

I meant what was left of the German Forces.

Sorry for not being specific.

Lex

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Lexion, in regards to the article that you posted, it is stated within the article

The authenticity of the claim has been questioned since Moscow first announced it had the fragment in 1993.

Hitler biographer, Werner Maser, said the fragment was fake.

So, this is still very much a matter of debate. I have always found the fact that the Russians claim to have "burned" the body of Hitler a little too convenient. I don't think they found him at all, personally.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
SoT,
As with any great mystery, there will be opposing views.
I respect yours, as it is believed by many.

Personally, I think he took the cowards exit.

Regards,
Lex

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

Personally, I think he took the cowards exit.

Well, that is certainly what I was always taught. To be honest, I don't know if Hitler did or didn't die in Germany. Really, I guess it doesn't matter because he certainly isn't alive any longer. Hell, if he were living today he'd be reaching the age of about 110 years.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
In those last days in Berlin, actually trying to leave was a rather suicidal adventure (indeed, staying in Berlin was suicidal too). It would have taken a sharp mind and a physically able body to get out. Flying or driving him out would be impossible. Himmler only got as far as he did by leaving early.

Some crack SS officer dragging this insane, frail old man through the chaos of Berlin's streets, hiding from Russians. Then smuggling him through Allied occupied Western Europe. Damn, you know what? It would make a great novel.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I Can See Us Grabing Up The Scientists But What Country Would Risk Protecting Hitler??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join