It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamanoi Vinegar Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

On May 18, buildup Co., Ltd. unveiled the Tamanoi Vinegar Robot, the world’s first robot designed to make presentations about vinegar.
The robot is scheduled to go to work at the Tamanoi Vinegar Corporation’s Osaka office in July.

Relying on pre-programmed speech and gestures to communicate its knowledge of vinegar, the robot features a system of pneumatic servos that control 24 points of articulation in the upper half of its body. The 180 cm (nearly 6 ft), 100 kg (220 lb) machine has a mouth that moves in sync with its voice, as well as a fiber-reinforced plastic outer shell that is colored black, like Tamanoi’s black vinegar with an iridescent coating that changes hue according to the viewing angle.

SOURCE:
Pink Tentacle

I never would have though that this robot was a vinegar advertising robot from just
looking at it, it's sort of scary, half expect it to pull out a katana-lightsabre.

With a robot like this as a spokesperson, I'd be scared to buy there vinegar,
for fear of what it might do.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I knew that the Japanese were fanatical about the quality of their food. But they go crazy over vinegar? Trippy. Over here it is like buying distilled water, a basic commodity.

Cool robot though, I think it would scare most people if they ran into it in the dark.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I knew that the Japanese were fanatical about the quality of their food. But they go crazy over vinegar?

Well Vinegar is an ingredient used in many Asiatic and Japanese dishes, but it's not
that they are fanatical about it, more that robots are a part of Japanese modern culture,
and lots of companies use robots, heck even brothels use robot advertisers to
bypass the law about not having a person advertising them.

join